ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Marx Nazi & Dinos plus AHI Monsters!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

My Marx Nazi & Dinos plus AHI Monsters! Empty
PostSubject: My Marx Nazi & Dinos plus AHI Monsters!   My Marx Nazi & Dinos plus AHI Monsters! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2021 2:46 pm

NOTE: I just recently posted this great showcase in My Vintage Action Figure Topic but I thought I'd repost it and enter it with this section. If you hadn't visited My topic before please do as I update it often with tons of awesome vintage goodness!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

OK, so here we go. As I had mentioned earlier, I had found some great figures among cool vintage stuff that will now be a priority as everything thing else I had planned will be on hold for the time being because many of these recent finds are quite special to Me. In fact, I was looking for other things which I didn't find by the way however, I rediscovered many items that I had actually forgotten about as well as figures that I was wondering where the heck they were. Now these special showcases with be in at least a few parts. So without further ado here is the first part Exclamation

My Marx Nazi & Dinos plus AHI Monsters! Marx_l11

Yep, My first ever entry of Marx, the vintage toy company with a lot of history. I got all of these at My great local Ben Franklin's (more on that in a bit) and My Mom got Me these guys!

Nazi German Soldier: When your talking old/classic/vintage army figures you cannot ignore the fantastic Marx versions! The sculpting of this guy is great. Unfortunately his barrel of his rifle is broken but he is still in fine shape. He is about 5" tall. I did have another one, I believe it was a US Army soldier but I have sadly misplaced him. Gosh, I remember taking them to Kindergarten many times playing with'em as I never wanted to put'em down. Amazing he is over several decades old but look at his classic greatness!

My Marx Nazi & Dinos plus AHI Monsters! Marx_n14
My Marx Nazi & Dinos plus AHI Monsters! Marx_n13

Marx Tyrannosaurus Rex & Triceratops Dinosaurs: Yep, these guys are truly awesome depictions of the two rivals in classical form Shocked The sculpting is great for both ancient animals. Look at the T-Rex, he has ears and 3 fingers Shocked This is clearly a specimen from the 30s to 40s before the specie was classified correctly!  

My Marx Nazi & Dinos plus AHI Monsters! Tricer30
My Marx Nazi & Dinos plus AHI Monsters! Tricer29

Here is the Marx Nazi & Dinos together, such classic figures Exclamation

My Marx Nazi & Dinos plus AHI Monsters! Marx_n15

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Marx Nazi & Dinos plus AHI Monsters! Ahi_ad10
My Marx Nazi & Dinos plus AHI Monsters! Ahi_ko12
My Marx Nazi & Dinos plus AHI Monsters! Ahi_re11

Holy cow, when I found these guys a few short weeks ago, I was very surprised and so stoked that I found them in a box in the basement along with many other goodies. For a long time I was wondering where did I put them and search Me as to why they were down there Question So, these monsters were made by AHI - Azrak Hamway! It's none other than King Kong & Rex Dinosaur. These are "Little Walkers" and were originally issued in around 1976 but these versions are the second releases in the 80s as you can tell as they have different feet. They have built-in wind-up keys on the left sides. You wind them up and they walk like your normal, old fashioned wind-up with that similar sound plus they spark with tiny lightning bolt-flames coming out of their mouths Exclamation  Now Kong is obviously licensed but his counterpart is not but I have always considered him to be Godzilla ever since I got him when I was a very youngster Shocked My Grandparents got them for Me at Ben Franklin's and here they are!

NOTE: I do not have the Creature from the Black Lagoon seen in the above Canadian Tire Flier, I don't recall ever seeing him there at Ben Franklin's ever!

My Marx Nazi & Dinos plus AHI Monsters! Kong__12
My Marx Nazi & Dinos plus AHI Monsters! Kong__13

Here is the AHI - Azrak Hamway Kong & Rex/Godzilla compared with My Marx Nazi that was just seen only a few short moments ago Exclamation

My Marx Nazi & Dinos plus AHI Monsters! Ahi_mo11

OK, as a sweet bonus, here is a special section on the store that I got these from and that is Ben Franklin's five and dime department stores! Now i have mentioned them throughout this great topic of My as well as other times on the board. They were always one of My favorite ones to go to. Their location was close to My old neighborhood and they were next door to a great Sears and I loved going to the back parking lot thru their back door and enter their basement area as it was a very large toy area with tones of great action figure and more such as the ones I just showcased, Many Kenner figures such as My recently seen Beetlejuice, Micro Machines  (look for a great special showcase of them in the near future). They also had a section of really cool toy guns, G.I. Joes but My most cherished moment yet My most regretful one is one I have mentioned before is that they had a very big section of DC Super Powers (I already posted My lonesome DCSP Superman a while back within this topic) and it was during a time I wasn't into comic figures yet Rolling Eyes Oh man, the area was the most dedicated, organized and stacked DC Super Powers ever seen Shocked They even had them in glass cases! If I had only been awoken about that sort of stuff then but that is one of the things a very young child does when he is young then grows up. Their store was tremendous, thing is, I rarely ever went thru the front door nor ever really looked around the front of the store as I always I wanted to go to the back area and head to the toys bounce My parents took Me there countless times but gosh, I miss that place so much. Ben Franklin's went out of business in the mid-late 90s. They are gone but not forgotten...at least not by Me Surprised

My Marx Nazi & Dinos plus AHI Monsters! Ben_fr11

Click here for their great history vis their wiki page!

Here is great video too Exclamation

Well, I hope you have enjoyed this part 1 of My recent findings and maybe perhaps learned something or was reminded here Smile Part 2 will be up soon, until then I'll see you around Cool

Remember: It is imperative to Look Back - The Past is not a Wilderness of Horrors - We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - Never judge a book by it's cover - DTA - Appearances are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn - Always Watch the Skies - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - Research & Question Everything = Various <-->
Back to top Go down
http://www.Don't have one,don't need one!.com
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: My Marx Nazi & Dinos plus AHI Monsters!   My Marx Nazi & Dinos plus AHI Monsters! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2021 8:09 pm

The german figure reminds me of ones my brother had when he was young.

Except he had five cowboy figures that size.

Nice collection!

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Marx Nazi & Dinos plus AHI Monsters!   My Marx Nazi & Dinos plus AHI Monsters! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2021 3:42 pm

Cool story Daryl, thanks Very Happy

Remember: It is imperative to Look Back - The Past is not a Wilderness of Horrors - We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - Never judge a book by it's cover - DTA - Appearances are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn - Always Watch the Skies - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - Research & Question Everything = Various <-->
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: My Marx Nazi & Dinos plus AHI Monsters!   My Marx Nazi & Dinos plus AHI Monsters! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2021 4:12 pm

Thought I was seeing double seeing this post... lol!
Thinking didn't I just see this...lol

Anyhow you have some neat pieces in your collection Brandon... Very Happy

Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Marx Nazi & Dinos plus AHI Monsters!   My Marx Nazi & Dinos plus AHI Monsters! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2021 4:32 pm

Yeah, sorry Laughing I thought I'd post it here too so it would be it the Marx section Wink

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Marx Nazi & Dinos plus AHI Monsters!   My Marx Nazi & Dinos plus AHI Monsters! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Marx Nazi & Dinos plus AHI Monsters!
Page 1 of 1