ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th!

Go down 
+2
BAMComix
BrandontheFigureFreak
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Empty
PostSubject: My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th!   My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2022 1:49 pm

So I thought of doing this for the future. I have a good size Sideshow collection, In this Sideshow section you can see My awesome Universal Monsters collection that I posted them years ago and that I recently updated for Halloween last year:shock:

many of these figures got lost in the shuffle and nobody looked back upon them. I got and posted these years ago.  

Green Berets John Wayne by Sideshow whom My Grandma surprised Me with him for Christmas back in the 2000s!

My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! John_w11
My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! John_w10

Sgt. R. Lee Ermey: Got him for FREE from Sideshow along with the previously seen Hot Toys Bruce Lee via My rewards from the used to be great Sideshow store...only had to pay their super ridicules shipping and this was in the early 2010s when they were changing and becoming generic hence the ads that I got with them

My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Sgt_r_10
My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Sgt_r_11
My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Sidesh10

Art S. Buck by Sideshow! Got these for free like the other ones...I love these guys and I later on I may show them in My kit-bash topic whenever the time comes as I have wrote stories for them like I do all of My custom characters! The physiques are nice and the female has good shaped boobs & booty. They are basically the same bodies that most 12" Sideshow used. Their fun to move as they are naked without restrictions but I do not prefer them that way.  

My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Art_s_11
My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Art_s_12
My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Art_s_10
My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Art_s_13
My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Art_s_14
My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Art_s_15

I posted this in the monthly comp years ago, no response. All of the love for "Gray" Matters! I pretend they are aliens and whenever I get to My "retooled" kitbash topic of figures that also got lost in the shuffle that everybody just overlooks. This how they are in My Area 51 fan fiction stories as they will be joined by some friends along the way Surprised

My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Sideho12

Well, I believe that is it for now, I don't know how often I'll update this topic. Until then I'll see you around Cool

Remember: It is imperative to Look Back - The Past is not a Wilderness of Horrors - We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - Never judge a book by it's cover - DTA - Appearances are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn - Always Watch the Skies - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - Research & Question Everything = Various <-->

Last edited by BrandontheFigureFreak on Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:30 am; edited 3 times in total

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.Don't have one,don't need one!.com
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th!   My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2022 2:40 pm

Always great too see these guys again Brandon!
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th!   My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2022 3:02 pm

John Wayne from The Green Berets! How cool is that! I've never seen that figure before!

Even more cool - it was a gift from your Grandma! You had a lot of great adventures with your grandparents, and even more than the cool figures which you've kept and which you share with us, I appreciate your stories about your grandparents, because they remind me of my wonderful grandparents.

Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th!   My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2022 2:57 am

I agree with Dave, how cool to have John Wayne. bounce

First thing I thought when seeing the Art S. Buck figures were what you mentioned,
using them as aliens. The skin color, bald heads on both, they would make good aliens!

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th!   My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2022 6:10 am

Dal - Thanks, glad you remembered them. Yeah, I kept on thinkin' about them and how their overlooked here from long ago.

SCU - Thanks. glad you have good Grandparents. Yes, if they and My Mom gave/got Me something, I like to talk about it. Again, like I said, the John Wayne figure I posted long ago I believe I 2013 but got you know, got overlooked. He was one of Sideshow's first uses of "the big boy" body when they were so creative.

Daryl - Thanks! Oh yes, it is good to John Wayne, if you gonna have action heroes why not have him? Sideshow and other companies really don't make a variates of characters and & actors/actresses like they did...it's either part of a franchise or somebody that's already been made dozen times by previous companies usually that goes with aforementioned franchises as well. Yep, I just loved the ASBs, that was really My intention of getting them because of My kitbashing and stories I was having during the time which I pan of presenting once again I like did long ago. they are are very fun to play around with when you consider their POA.

In the mid & late 2000s & even very earlier 2010s, companies like Hot Toys & Sideshow were very creative with their licenses and would have many different types of figures and ones that was rarely done before and they were affordable too. Because of that, Sideshow became My fave company then, even more so than McFarlane (whom they beat IMO) and even though Hotoys was a bit higher than ST, they were still great and still affordable but now...now Sideshow IMO along with Hot Toys along with other companies are making the same stuff that has been done over and over again not to mentioned they are extremely and insanely priced that is unaffordable now compared to then. I have just been disquasted over this situation for a long time now:roll:

Thanks guys Smile

Remember: It is imperative to Look Back - The Past is not a Wilderness of Horrors - We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - Never judge a book by it's cover - DTA - Appearances are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn - Always Watch the Skies - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - Research & Question Everything = Various <-->
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th!   My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2022 1:15 am

Well yes, the John Wayne is certainly a good figure for a collector but it does gall me to see him posing as the war hero, when in real life he pulled every scam he could to avoid being drafted. 
So many other big movie stars served in the armed forces during the war but not Old Yeller John! Not even in the entertainment corps!
And yet he single-handedly wins the war in all those movies he "stars" in. 
Such a fraud!  Razz Razz Razz
(He was actually scared of horses too!)
Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th!   My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2022 3:05 am

Interesting LeStryge, interesting scratch Neutral Question

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th!   My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2022 4:04 am

The John Wayne figure also has those weird "saw-tooth" eyebrows that some MAMs have.
It's against the direction of the natural hair growth so I'm left to wonder ..."why"?

My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! ZStpLn
Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th!   My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2022 10:53 am

Who knows Question

Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th!   My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2022 11:13 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
John Wayne from The Green Berets! How cool is that! I've never seen that figure before!

Even more cool - it was a gift from your Grandma! You had a lot of great adventures with your grandparents, and even more than the cool figures which you've kept and which you share with us, I appreciate your stories about your grandparents, because they remind me of my wonderful grandparents.

Totally agree !! Awesome Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th!   My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2022 3:09 pm

Well thanks Gunner, I appreciate that Smile

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th!   My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2022 1:51 pm

Gunner Munro wrote:
Hi guys ,

here are some shots of Gunny Lee in action .

Here he is whipping some recruits into shape...

My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! IMG-2023

PT is good for you, PT is good for me ! Pain is weakness leaving the body.. Hurrah !

My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! IMG-2044

Well any day sweetheart..don't bother to go the extra mile.. Scumbag!

My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Fullsizeoutput-3ba

Why are you affecting the quality of my life ??

My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! IMG-2019

You'll  PT until you die !

He did a good job these guys turned out like this  lol!

My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Fullsizeoutput-369

This was awesome...finally somebody else is giving Ermey's figure his proper due Shocked bounce cheers

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th!   My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2022 1:51 pm

My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Aboyd_10

So it was a long while back, when I was still collecting Sideshow's Universal Monsters among other Sideshow figures back in the 2000s. I was searching for alternatives as I always did researching who's got the best prices. I loved buying directly from Sideshow but sometimes what I wanted wasn't in stock as most of their items were quite affordable (compared to this androgynous pathetic day & age's offerings insane prices) but who else to buy from? Ebay of course was an fair option but they weren't always the most convenient as they wouldn't always have what your looking for. So digging around the net very thoroughly, I actually found many stores which most of them were smaller, independent shops that was on Yahoo shopping (it was extremely fun finding and seeing Yahoo stores back then especially for Godzilla & Star Wars figures, there is nothing like that now sadly) and just on there own servers. So, one day I came across a nice looking web store called The Aboyd Company. I thought man, this store looks very different and quite old school which I'm liking right away. So I did My research about them and e-mailed them with questions and so forth to make sure items are in stock, prices are still valid and so forth. Not to long after that I was greeted by Mr. A. Boyd Campbell himself (the owner of the company) and he was very nice and polite...something that is so missing during these times we are in. So with everything he told Me I was convinced he and his company was legit. His prices were so low and he had the lowest prices anywhere Shocked So I had ordered many Universal monsters from him and in fact when I would place an order he would personally e-mail saying thanks for your order and it's on your way. I was always happy about this and thrilled whenever My order would arrive because it would always arrive within 2 days cause he was in Jackson, Mississippi and I'm in Saint Louie so it wasn't that far away. Of all the stores I've shopped at, his was the most enjoyable experience. So with much sadness and disgust, he went out of business long ago, I'm not sure when, I think around in between 2008 & 2010. Everything of his was gone, the web page, the domain, his history...ALL OF IT Rolling Eyes I have much regret about this because ever since this happen I feel it's a bit My fault because I felt if I wouldn't have gotten into other types of figures and stuff and still would have bought from Aboyd he might still be in business today Rolling Eyes This is one of many of My regrets that always haunted Me Mad

However, he's not forgotten Shocked Maybe by most of his other customers and other people that just glanced at his store and doesn't give a rat's @$$ but NOT BY Me Exclamation He sent Me a couple, really adequate catalogs and I KEPT THEM BOTH cheers By Me keeping these, this keeps his history alive and relevant to Me as I hate it when a nice store goes out of business and you personally know the owner and then their nothing but a memory...if can help it one way or another I'm NOT gonna LET THAT HAPPEN...no siree bob Exclamation

So here is them catalogs that Aboyd sent Me Exclamation See what happens when you don't throw away things...you never know, you might be PRESERVING HISTORY so I advise anybody if their gut tells them NOT to throw it away...then listen to your gut and DON'T throw it away. I have found it astounding how much he had and how he specialized in vintage and modern monsters among Sci-Fi and Dinosauria among other great media items! His variety and choices were ideal and and his style old fashioned at it's finest Exclamation Every page isn't present, I have selected them to My liking and what is most important to showcase. With that being said let's get down to it Smile        
My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Aboyd_13

So we here go with the most apropos of the entire point of the matter. Here is the Sideshow Universal Monsters, many I got from him but one thing I always regretted was NOT getting them variants of Frankenstein of Lugosi, Chaney & Strange and Kaloff. I put them on the back burner for months that turned into years and it was all over Rolling Eyes They were only $30.77 each Exclamation I mean that was absolutely a baragin Shocked I also put off the Young Frankenstein set as well which was only $67.16! I screwed-up here but at least I have this history Exclamation    

My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Aboyd_11

Now this stuff not so much then again in a different way. I have spoke about him before, there was a good comic shop on Hampton that I'd like to go too every now and then (I got a lot of great graphic novels and action figures there) and sometimes I'd just stop in there to see what's new and to check the bull$h!t level Laughing Darn shame I can't recall his shop's name. Anyway he had those very same X-Plus Godzilla statues that is in Aboyd's catalog. I saw them in person and while they were awesome I couldn't afford them as he wanted over $100 for'em and Aboyd wanted $93 for them. Anyway, I regret not shopping and getting more at My cool local comic shop as he also went out of business in around the same time perhaps a bit later which I will be talking about him more in time Rolling Eyes    

My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Aboyd_12

Now while I'm a huge Kong fan and while much of these items were awesome looking, none of this stuff really interested Me then of owning, however, that McFarlane Movie Maniacs Series 3 - 1933 King Kong I already have, My Mom got him for Me for Christmas when he first came out back in the year 2000 when horror was still great and people still actually loved it (I miss those times of the Movie Maniacs, it was so fun and people were so thrilled the in the late 90s and early 2000s...now it just seems so distant and how deplorable the situation has become over time is just so depressing). Amazing Aboyd only wanted him for $14.15 and now this Kong goes several times that now Exclamation

My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Aboyd_14

Ah man, I really loved these Dinosaurs by Battat! I never got any of them however I showcased My Vintage Battat Dinosaur Set in My Dinosaur Topic long ago. These would have been sweet to have but I never got to obtain them. On the back cover he had some cool Lizards that I don't know who made them and that is the end of this book Exclamation

My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Aboyd_15

So moving on to catalog number 2, it's actually the first issue of his ultra-fun ZATSO! It was like Aboyd's own little comic Smile Here is his small introduction, you can tell how nice of a man he was by reading it bounce

My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Aboyd_16

Ah gosh, the Ray Harryhausen collection Exclamation I wanted them guys so darn bad when they first were released in around 2001. However, When I realized that X-PLUS USA was making them in different types of figurines such as vinyl figures, statues and even chess pieces, I had to choose which ones I was to collect cause there was no way in Sam "friggin" Hain I was skipping this series altogether because I loved those old movies that they were from as I grew up watching them. So I chose the awesome vinyl pieces because they were made in honor Japanese Kaiju figures and I saw that Toyzz (another great defunct web store) had them for only around $4.99 each! I had bought the whole set and at that price WHO WOULDN'T Question This was a while before I would discover Aboyd however. His prices were still decent @ just $10.40 a pop and were the lowest when compared to most stores, its just that Toyzz was a place that would get in rare and new things at super, nearly unbelievable prices and if you didn't get them within a few weeks or even days then their stock was depleted and 9 times outta 10 they'd wouldn't get it back in and you'd never know when they would get the stuff in either as it was best to check them out frequently Exclamation  That's the place I got My beloved Kenner Willow & Elora Danan set that I didn't even knew existed (see My great showcase on the first page of My Vintage Action Topic for My entire Willow collection!) Shocked I mean they were a great store and I loved their blue background. Anyway, these prices that Aboyd offered was great and even then I consider them affordable...now by today's pitiful standards it's completely a different story. By the way, when I was a guest reviewer for MWC long ago I reviewed My great Ray Harryhausen set and you can SEE & READ IT HERE! I did showcase them briefly in My ginormous horror Halloween topic last year! Seeing these in Aboyd's great book just reminded Me of those times and how cool they were then Smile

My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Aboyd_18

This page is something else, there's the GORT tin wind-up My Grandma got Me sometime ago (I briefly showed him in My Halloween topic as a preview) and there is R. Lee Ermey though as you already know I chose a different version and there is the Army of Darkness figures that My mom got Me for Christmas that I have showcased with My Universal Monsters. Gosh those prices were outstandingly low, see if you can get anything modern this good and this cheap NOW Exclamation  Rolling Eyes  

My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Aboyd_19

Here is some sweet Dinosaurs by Safari. I do not have these but I do have miniature ones in a great & fun tube set. With figures like them, they always ranged in different values but gosh Aboyd's asking price was quite decent. You could get all of them and still be much lower than most retailers were wanting at the time Exclamation

My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Aboyd_17

Here is a very brief look at Aboyd's comic, it was really cool and such a shame that it has been lost to most except for Me who is trying to bring the memory back from inglorious limbo Rolling Eyes

My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Aboyd_20

Basically the same kaiju items as before except for X-Plus' Gigan, amazing he had him and wasn't too high either Exclamation

My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Aboyd_22

Oh boy here we go Rolling Eyes This is arguably My most regretfully foolish non-obtaining of all of My stuff that I have gotten in the 2000s and that was Sideshow's Twilight Zone & Outer Limits Rolling Eyes Basically I did the same stupid thing with them as I did with the Frankenstein Monsters I previously stated. They were so cool and authentic looking and they were so darn cheap...gosh talk about a total bummer choice I made back then Mad

My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Aboyd_21

Now these Sideshow Brotherhood of Arms and Bayonets & Barbed Wire were great looking but they were never on My list. Nice prices though!

My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Aboyd_23

I was never into Monty Python so I intentionally skipped Sideshow's great looking figures. I think it was a shame I didn't get the superb Dark Crystal figures however. Oh how about that, Palisades Muppet's! Unfortunately I never got any of them (MWC loved them then and as you know, I was quite high on Palisades then as well Smile

My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Aboyd_24

Oh the Six Gun Legends by Sideshow! I have all of these guys that is on the page! They made them so fantastic! Gosh his prices were nice! Maybe one day I will showcase them. I also have the two first Bond 007 figures too as well as other Bonds by Sideshow and ya never know, I may showcase them as well in the future! Gosh, look at what he wanted for them, only $32...these figures were great and again, see if you get these for that price now or anything this good in current offering THIS AFFORDABLE Exclamation

My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Aboyd_25

About the same as the page in the previous catalog, I just wanted to represent it once more Wink

My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Aboyd_26

This is the back and the end of the second magazine. I still kinda find it surreal that these great figures were only $32 especially London After Midnight & Nosferatu whom were THE ONES that I absolutely had to get in the beginning when I was first collecting My extraordinary Sideshow Universal Monsters!

My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Aboyd_28

Well, that'll do it for this unexpected surprise showcase of Aboyd cheers  I hope you have enjoyed it and if this was your first time seeing these great catalogs of his and know about Aboyd then I hope you were excited and amazed how it was back then in the 2000s or perhaps this brought back the memories of him and you were actually a customer of his as well. Either way. I thought that it was extremely imperative to showcase his great catalogs to relive them times and be excited once again about it but more crucially to bring back the existence of him and his great store that once was. IMO there isn't enough people that is doing anything to giveback or repay the homages of times of old of stores that was in local neighborhoods and/or online with their good experiences. By not doing that...sadly they are gone forever cause nobody is doing anything about it but I cannot say that about Myself as I feel I am doing a great deed here Smile

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are someway, somehow reading this Mr A.Boyd Campbell or anyone that is/was affiliated with him, I hope that you have liked what I have done and appreciate My effort of what I am trying to accomplish here Very Happy

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th!   My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2022 2:57 pm

This is the first time I've heard of the ABOYD company. I really like they way they showcased
figures in a comic form.

The Billy the Kid looks to have a great head sculpt from the only known photo of him!

The Dr. No figure looks good. I haven't seen that film since I was a kid.

Sideshow's figures had a much better price then. They don't do anything for less than $200 now.

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th!   My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2022 4:02 pm

I also never heard of the ABOYD company Brandon!
WOW! some bada** catalogs! cheers cheers cheers

Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th!   My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2022 2:50 pm

inntruderr61 wrote:
I also never heard of the ABOYD company Brandon!
WOW! some bada** catalogs! cheers cheers cheers

All new to me .. but those figures look Great Cool .. would have liked me some of them Wink

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th!   My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2022 3:10 pm

affraid This is insanely cool!

I wonder what ever happened to Boyd?

I'll be back to comment more later. Right now, I'm going to see if I can dig up anything else online about the ABoyd company. I wonder if these old catalogs and comix ever turn up on eBay?

PostSubject: Re: My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th!   My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2022 10:19 pm

I would have killed for just about any of those figures! Great stuff!
Do any of them ever turn up from time to time?
Hey, I just remembered I do have a Mego,...albeit just a modern one.
It's the alien from "Twilight Zone", but some of those vintage ones are VERY desirable.
Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th!   My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2022 5:22 pm

OK guys, I'll reply to you one by one Smile

Daryl - Oh shucks but I didn't expect anybody to Rolling Eyes Yep, they did it really, glad you liked it Daryl Smile Oh yeah, Sideshow did wonders with him. Like I said, I have ALL 4 of those Six Gun Legends including the Kid. Of that Dr. No is great and yeah it was a good bond! Maybe I will get to showcasing them soon in the near future Wink It absolutely SUCKS how Sideshow is, they WERE My fave company outta everybody in the 2000s then they joined the likes of Hasbro, Mattel, McFarlane and so many others making everything so insanely affordable and becoming generic where there is nothing special about them anymore:x See, this is what I have been complaining about for so long and people just keep on submitting to the crowd funding stuff without giving it any thought:roll: It's so bad that Sideshow is charging that much for figures that they already years ago just with more POA and such...I'm so disjointed in them:x That's one of the reasons why I posted this too was to show people how cheap things were back then, it just seems like most people ignore how it was back then but I don't:!:

Inntruderr - They are are and I'm glad you liked them dude cheers

Gunner - Thanks and yes, I still do too!

SCU - You better believe it is Exclamation Good luck with that. Nope, I searched for years and just recently and NOTHING Exclamation What happen to Boyd? If I knew I wouldn't be as emotioanl as I am within this topic and subject. It was most likely times changing and places like Amazon just like everything else Rolling Eyes I've complained about this stuff before too! If somebody out there has them catalogs I hope their like Me and keeping them for the history and memories and NOT for financial gain but if they stoop that low then they better be smart and step away from density and ask a hefty price because in My book they are priceless!

LeStryge -If you read what I said through each page, I have some of those great ones and maybe will showcase them in the future. Yep on the bay and once a VERY blue moon on Amazon but they are extremely high on a lot of them but sometimes you can look out! Well yeah they are, the vintage ones are and their really is no need to make characters over and over again, I have been complaining about this for so long, besides insane prices of this day and age's offerings, that's only 1 of the countless problems it has Exclamation I have a lot vintage figures that has remakes and usually the older ones are better...it goes along with just about everything else in the past too, movies, music, wrestling, baseball, women...life!

Thanks for the replies guys Smile

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th!   My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2022 1:26 pm

My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Uskp0n10

In this update will be two of Sideshow's modern horror icons series and that is Friday the 13th affraid I had showed these long ago but as usual they got lost in the shuffle Rolling Eyes So, back in the day, these guys only cost Me about $30 to $40 in around 2005, a great year of Sideshow figures, I collected many, many of them. They had the license to make Friday the 13th figures so I was stoked! They made many versions of Jason Voorhees but only made one of his mother, Pamela. So along with her, I had to choose wisely cuz I only wanted 1 version of Jason. Then I saw Jason from Part 7 as he the had miniature tree trimmer which was limited to only 750!!!!!!!!! I had to get that one. These two figures are two of Sideshow's finest, they don't make'em like this any more and I wish they still did! Since Sideshow decided to join the party of other companies, being generic, making stuff that's already been made dozens of times by other companies, charging insane prices for their current products and dropping their charisma of what made them who they were (and My favorite company in the 2000s), I don't feel the same about them at all anymore and here back in the 2000s it was such a different story, so pathetic Rolling Eyes I mean their their remaking Jason (not this version I have here but their first release from Part III - it was hard to get even back in the day but it wasn't ridiculously priced however) and NOW they're charging $200 and the exclusive is SOLD OUT Shocked I know ALL ABOUT Sideshow's exclusives, I brought from them since their hey day and I was there for their first exclusives and even when they started their inclusives in later 2000s! I know how it was - oh I gotta get that exclusive accessory before they sell out and all that stuff - been there more times than I can count but this is when they were really affordable and the exclusives were only a few bucks more but now their in the hundreds and people are still buying this? I mean come on, where are they getting this money from? This is why I have stopped collecting like I did in the mid 2010s, things were getting bad then when it was getting this way and now it's so deplorable  to say the least Mad

On with the showcase...not all accessories are shown but they are as sweet as ever so here they are Exclamation

Pamela Voorhees  - Friday the 13th: Part I - 1980 - Betsy Palmer:This old babe really is captured with that psychotic menace of a snarly grin Surprised

My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Um1tdo10
My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Uioyw410

Jason Voorhees - Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood - 1988 - Kane Hodder:  I love this Jason as he is My fave. So this version that they made is such a must have. I love his rubber skin suit, such realism Exclamation  I was hoping Sideshow was gonna make a Big Ben from one of My all-time fave horror films House 1986 because he was very similar like this version of Jason but oh well Rolling Eyes Another reason why is he a Vietnam War vet, Sideshow was the doing Platoon Movie Figures (Oh did I just give ya a hint for the future?) around this time, one would think this was UP their ALLEY I mean he was a combination of the two but they didn't pull the trigger Rolling Eyes  

Before I get any further, here is a pic I made of a comparison, it's not the best but it'll give you an idea what I'm talking about. If you were already familiar with House then you already know what I mean what a horror classic it is. If not then HERE IS THE WIKIPEDIA PAGE!

My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Ft13-h10

Now back to showcase...

My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Um1xxc10
My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Uikn1210

I pre-ordered him and got the exclusive tree trimmer!

My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Um19jl10

Look at his face under that mask Surprised

My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Um1kes10

SPECIAL GALLERY!

The Display Stands!

My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Um1jt810

Mother & Son!

My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Um1plb12

Now there is My Sideshow Friday the 13th showcase and I hope you enjoyed it. More to come soon Smile

TNshooter likes this post

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th!   My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2022 6:36 pm

Cool stuff! cheers
Awesome looking figures! cheers

Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th!   My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2022 7:32 pm

I haven't seen the movies, but I'm familiar with Jason. That is a great version
of him. His mother is almost as scary as he is.

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th!   My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2022 3:08 pm

Thanks Inntruderr, I appreciate that Very Happy

Daryl - Gosh, you haven't Shocked Glad you know who Jason is. Oh his mother was, she's only in the first movie and he wasn't even in it! If you ever do see the films, there's only 4 I recommend to watch: Part 1, Part 7 which is the one My figure is from, Jason X and the remake in 2009. Thanks a lot Daryl, I appreciate that Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th!   My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Sideshow Collection: Friday the 13th!
Page 1 of 1