ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Adventure Team: Secret of Planet Xenome

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

Adventure Team: Secret of Planet Xenome Empty
PostSubject: Adventure Team: Secret of Planet Xenome   Adventure Team: Secret of Planet Xenome Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 8:40 am

The modern Adventures of GI Joe, which I have posted previously of the ones I have, had comics on the back of the box.

Afterward, Hasbro had the modern Adventure Team sets. I have four of the five, the one I don't have is the Danger of the Depths
set. The first one I'm showing is the Secret of Planet Xenome set. On these, instead of a comic they have a story description.

The story on this one is that scientists look into space, looking for odd phenomenon, meteors and strange signals. Suddenly,
there is a planetoid orbiting Earth's moon. Not sure if it's an alien invasion, the Adventure Team is sent to find out. The description
goes on to say that the aliens are like 1950's "B" movie type aliens. The back of the box:

Adventure Team: Secret of Planet Xenome Xenome10

The first set I got was in the box, which showed there were three different aliens.

Adventure Team: Secret of Planet Xenome Xenome11

The back of the figure shows his combo air tank/jet pack.

Adventure Team: Secret of Planet Xenome Xenome12

The front shows his weapon, which is repurposed from the Modern Action Man figures, and shows the logo.
He is caucasion, and the shiny top edge of his face shield is a second slide down shield that is a "sun shield,'"
which isn't a lot darker but just shinier.

Adventure Team: Secret of Planet Xenome Xenome13

The second set I got loose, and it didn't have the weapon, but it did have a different alien. Joe's sun shield is
partially visible at the top of his helmet.

Adventure Team: Secret of Planet Xenome Xenome14

With the helmet popped up, you can see this one has the asian head sculpt. And, unlike the "Adventures of" figures this line
also has the AT Dog Tags.

Adventure Team: Secret of Planet Xenome Xenome15

Some time later I was able to get the third alien, I don't remember if it was in an job lot, a figure lot or if it was separate. Here are all three
together, red, copper and blue. Although the package stated that colors could vary.

Adventure Team: Secret of Planet Xenome Xenome16

The red one (far left) has suction tip looking hands, the copper one had claw type hands. Both have movable
middle fingers with the tips painted black. The blue one has claws were one side is movable to open and
close.

Adventure Team: Secret of Planet Xenome Xenome17

Besides that the wrists can turn. Other than that, they only move at the hips, shoulders and neck.
I got the blue one with a couple of bands on his right arm, but they are not original. They appear to be
spiked collars from a really small scale animal. I haven't decided what to do with them yet.

All in all these sets have a 1950's sci-fi vibe.

Because of the weight of the chest plate (which hampers leg movement, although these figures are
super-articulated) and the helmet and backpack, these figures don't like to stand on their own. It took
me 20 minutes to get the first photo without the figure taking a shelf dive. The others were made by leaning
the figure against the aliens arms to help hold them up. The gear is removable, but not sure about his suit,
considering they have large gloved hands. The figure originally came with instructions on how to remove
the chest plate, helmet and pack.

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Team: Secret of Planet Xenome   Adventure Team: Secret of Planet Xenome Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 9:59 am

Great post Daryl! I really enjoyed that! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Team: Secret of Planet Xenome   Adventure Team: Secret of Planet Xenome Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 10:05 am

Thanks Dal!

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Team: Secret of Planet Xenome   Adventure Team: Secret of Planet Xenome Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 11:13 am

Thanks Daryl for sharing Adventure Team: Secret of Planet Xenome set with us. All very nicely photographed too. my favourite definitely has to be the three aliens but out of them three aliens my favourite is the blue with the claws. I think it’s cool that were one side is movable to open and close.

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Team: Secret of Planet Xenome   Adventure Team: Secret of Planet Xenome Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 11:39 am

These are great , I wouldn`t mind owning these . As Alex said really well photographed too and I feel your pain regarding the shelf dives , I never new these existed , glad you posted these Daryl .

Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Team: Secret of Planet Xenome   Adventure Team: Secret of Planet Xenome Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 12:42 pm

I'm glad you like the aliens Alexander. They definitely make the set.

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Team: Secret of Planet Xenome   Adventure Team: Secret of Planet Xenome Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 12:49 pm

Thanks Chip, I'm glad you like them. I thought I had Joe set up, but when I went to
take the photo he pitched forward and hit the floor. I spent some time getting him to
stand on his own, and finally I was able to get the photo. lol!

The box says "some positions may require hand support" or something like that.
It should say "all" positions require hand support. lol!

The big helmet is too top heavy.

Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Team: Secret of Planet Xenome   Adventure Team: Secret of Planet Xenome Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2022 7:14 pm

A great set!

I got the red alien years ago but have never managed to bag the other two! Rolling Eyes

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Team: Secret of Planet Xenome   Adventure Team: Secret of Planet Xenome Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2022 12:55 am

I too have that same set, although my headsculpt is different again.
You were very lucky to get the BLUE alien as it is apparently the most sought after.
I had to search quite a while to ensure that was the one I got.
I have since featured both figures here in my Martian photos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Team: Secret of Planet Xenome   Adventure Team: Secret of Planet Xenome Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adventure Team: Secret of Planet Xenome
Page 1 of 1