ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Adventure Team: Secret of the Savage Swamp

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

Adventure Team: Secret of the Savage Swamp Empty
PostSubject: Adventure Team: Secret of the Savage Swamp   Adventure Team: Secret of the Savage Swamp Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2022 1:34 pm

I'm a bit late in posting this, as I had to find the female version, which I finally did.

This is the last of the modern Adventure Team figures I have. Once again there is the mention of the Black Dragon
gang. With a TM mark. I think Hasbro was apparently thinking of making the gang, but never did. Or else they just
wanted to make sure no one else would make the gang?

Story on the back of the box, in short.

The Adventure Team arrives, villagers tell them dozens of alligators that can't be stopped. After study it's found that
the gators are mechanized and guard an island compound. The team uses a jamming device to disable them,  but
upon entering the base they run into a real alligator. They subdue the gator with a noose and net. The team then storms
the base and takes the gang by surprise. As the team loads on to the extraction helicopters, they let the gator go to
slither back into the savage swamp.

This box, instead of the original GI Joe logo, has the Real American Hero logo.

Adventure Team: Secret of the Savage Swamp Swamp110

The box isn't exactly flat, so there is some parts that are not clear when scanned. The set has five photos
of the different figures that one could get.

Adventure Team: Secret of the Savage Swamp Swamp210

From left is AA, caucasion, what I believe to be hispanic, asian and the female.

The instructions included, showing the gator and the noose.

Adventure Team: Secret of the Savage Swamp Swamp310

I have two of the five figures, since there has been only one female made for the Adventure Team I made sure to get one of her.
She was the first version of this set that I bought.

Adventure Team: Secret of the Savage Swamp Swamp410

What's nice is that the gator is actually 1/6 scale, as opposed to the one in a vintage set.
Besides the noose and weighted net, this set includes a pistol. The female figure wearing the hat looks like a skinny guy.

Adventure Team: Secret of the Savage Swamp Swamp510

Some Joe collectors have said that the head sculpt for this female is ugly. It certainly isn't as attractive as the heads used for
the helicopter pilot and the Vietnam Nurse.

Adventure Team: Secret of the Savage Swamp Swamp610

The alligator with the mouth open, and shut.

Adventure Team: Secret of the Savage Swamp Swamp710

Adventure Team: Secret of the Savage Swamp Swamp810

Pushing a button on its back opens the mouth, pushing down on its tongue closes the mouth.

The second version of the set I got was what I believe to be a hispanic version. The box shows the AT logo, the kung-fu grip logo,
and the Real American Hero logo instead of the original Joe logo. As far as I know this is the only one to have the later logo. This
box is marked as 2003.

Adventure Team: Secret of the Savage Swamp Swamp910

The inner sleeve of the box, I haven't taken this figure out yet.

Adventure Team: Secret of the Savage Swamp Swamp111

A closer look at the head sculpt.

Adventure Team: Secret of the Savage Swamp Swamp112

A vintage set called Mouth of Doom had a gator about three times the length of Joe's boot. A baby gator?
So I like the fact that this one is more in scale. The gator in the Gangrene set is the same as this one, but with
some color painted on it.

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Team: Secret of the Savage Swamp   Adventure Team: Secret of the Savage Swamp Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2022 4:16 pm

That looks like a photo of a real actor on the box. I wonder if Hasbro was thinking about going with a live action TV program or movie back then? The adventurer in the illustration doesn't even really look like any of the figures. Usually the box illustration at least somewhat resembled the figure. This is quite intriguing. I wonder what was going on behind the scenes at this time in GI Joe history?

French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Team: Secret of the Savage Swamp   Adventure Team: Secret of the Savage Swamp Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2022 9:29 pm

This is a great set with loads of play value we'd have all loved as kids. We all enjoyed pitting our Joes against cheap rubber creature toys. GI Joe 'Skydive to Danger' springs to mind with it's giant rubber spider.

Adventure Team: Secret of the Savage Swamp DSCF8366_zps85a45323

Hasbro has done a nice job with the concept here.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Team: Secret of the Savage Swamp   Adventure Team: Secret of the Savage Swamp Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2022 12:03 am

It's certainly a great alligator, but that supposedly female head looks far more like some "transgender" to me.
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Team: Secret of the Savage Swamp   Adventure Team: Secret of the Savage Swamp Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2022 11:18 am

Another interesting figure and history , you have a superb collection Daryl . The Alligator as mentioned would of been great fun to have when we were kids . Sorry to hear this is the last one in your collection to show us , you need to buy some more . Very Happy

Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Team: Secret of the Savage Swamp   Adventure Team: Secret of the Savage Swamp Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2022 3:39 am

Somekindajoe, that's a great alligator!

Chip, I have at this point shown my "Adventure of" and modern Adventure Team.
I till have other figures, including a Timeless Adventure Team figure, and some
other Timeless. Plus some other modern Joes. Very Happy

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Team: Secret of the Savage Swamp   Adventure Team: Secret of the Savage Swamp Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adventure Team: Secret of the Savage Swamp
Page 1 of 1