ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux

Go down 
+5
Dreadnought
somekindajoe
FIELD STATION 42
BAMComix
Chip
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Empty
PostSubject: Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux    Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2022 12:46 pm

Hi all , I have had a phase of buying some various off beat ( for Me ) figures for my collection . Here is Han Solo in Hoth gear . I have to say , I get a lot of pleasure attempting to upgrade ( hopefully ) such figures . I love trying to breath some realism into the older figures from Hasbro and 21st century toys ect . I will do a gradual posting of what I did with before and after pics . It`s mainly re- paint / weathering , replacing elastic with realistic webbing ....well you will see anyways . I will start off with his hat . Post more later as time allows so please come back ! Very Happy

Here are the Before pics .

Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  1-BP1150235

Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  2-BP1150237

Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  3-BP1150239

Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  4-BP1150241

And the after ....

Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  5-AP1150342

Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  6-AP1150341

Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  7-AP1150344

Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  8-AP1150343

BAMComix and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux    Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2022 1:36 pm

Excellent work so far chip, it really is surprising how adding a bit of detailing can really start to pull a figure together! The dry-brushing is superb bounce bounce . Looking forward too seeing more progress cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux    Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2022 3:19 pm

Wow! Impressive craftsmanship! I would not have known it was the same piece! The webbing patches are clever, significantly enhancing the realism!

French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux    Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2022 9:30 pm

Looking good! Will it be going on a VAM soon?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux    Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2022 12:10 am

Mark, I do find this a little odd.
 Your weathering/aging works so well on the Star War figure and as you say certainly improves the realism and you obviously enjoy doing this, and yet your otherwise truly magnificent 'Nam figures (of which I am in constant awe BTW) are presented absolutely pristine with nary a hint of mud, sweat or any wear and tear on their uniforms as would be appropriate in their situation?

Is there some reason behind this?
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux    Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2022 11:21 am

somekindajoe wrote:
Looking good! Will it be going on a VAM soon?

What section would I post it in there ? I thought they were a bit touchy about non VAM .

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux    Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2022 11:25 am

LeStryge wrote:
Mark, I do find this a little odd.
 Your weathering/aging works so well on the Star War figure and as you say certainly improves the realism and you obviously enjoy doing this, and yet your otherwise truly magnificent 'Nam figures (of which I am in constant awe BTW) are presented absolutely pristine with nary a hint of mud, sweat or any wear and tear on their uniforms as would be appropriate in their situation?

Is there some reason behind this?

I do sometimes weather the kit and weapons on my NAM kit , as it`s generally reversable . The Uniforms not so much go to far and they are spoilt forever , I have not touched Hans clothing either , sorry Barry . I can feel your frustration , I will have a crack at it one day for you ......Maybe . lol!

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux    Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2022 11:31 am

Thanks for the kind compliments so far .

Here are Hans bins , and goggles , not done much to the goggles as I couldn`t find much of reference to them , so just added adjustable web strap .

Before

Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Bins1-BP1150187

Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Bins2-BP1150194

Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Bins3-BP1150176

After

Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Bins4-AP1150332

Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Bins5-AP1150325

Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Bins6-AP1150326

The goggles

Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Gogs1-BP1150218

Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Gogs2-AP1150338

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux    Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2022 12:30 pm

Very cool Chip!
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux    Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2022 10:14 pm

Scanner

Before

Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Scan1-BP1150150

After

Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Scan2-AP1150321

Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux    Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2022 11:29 pm

Looking pretty good there Chip ! Very Happy

You're a whizz with the old dry brush I see Wink

It looks far more realistic.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux    Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2022 12:19 am

Outstanding work!
You must have amazing eyesight, not to mention finger coordination, to work with those tiny fabric straps! Is there a trick, or do you have special tools you use?

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux    Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2022 12:43 am

Thanks Kev , I am confident this stuff is going to look even better on Han .

Dave , no tricks , I guess with all that NAM custom work , I have got used to using it . My eyes were superb till I reached 50 , and at distances they are still fairly good , I struggle to read without glasses now , and I use magnifying glasses for close up stuff like this . Honestly I really don`t see why anyone would struggle that much with it , but confess the same words have been said to me a few times . Thanks for those kind words again .

PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux    Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2022 2:17 am

It is strange that the Star Wars figures were released without any weathering because the movies were among the first to show signs of wear, rust, oil dirt etc. on all the machines and other props. Before this everything in space movies seemed to be almost pristine.

I have the same Luke "Hoth" figure and am being inspired to give him a makeover.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux    Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2022 4:14 am

LeStryge wrote:
It is strange that the Star Wars figures were released without any weathering because the movies were among the first to show signs of wear, rust, oil dirt etc. on all the machines and other props. Before this everything in space movies seemed to be almost pristine.

Interesting. I never thought about that before. You're right - with only a few exceptions, even all the little figures were all shiny and clean.

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux    Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2022 11:38 am

Gun belt

Before

Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Belt1-BP1150138

After

Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Belt2-AP1150315

Pistol

Before

Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Pistol1-BP1150207

After

Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Pistol2-AP1150334

Thanks for the advice on paint colour for the belt Dal . What I have learnt when painting anything plastic , is give it a good scrub in fairy liquid and rinse before painting . With belts and the like , I often give them a bit of a rough up with some fine grade wet n dry paper . Don`t do that part to head sculpts though !

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux    Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2022 4:34 pm

Significant improvements on both the belt and the blaster!

Good tip about washing items with dishwashing liquid first. That step makes a difference in how well the paint adheres.

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux    Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2022 8:35 pm

Thanks Dave . Wink

Here are Hans Boots , I done the before and after in one pic . I have ( I think ) improved the boots further , which you will see when I post him up later .

Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  P1150129

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux    Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2022 2:42 am

Fantastic work Chip! I can't wait to see the finished product.

I'm curious, did you use a special type of paint for the flexible plastic?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux    Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2022 4:36 am

I sure you are going to dirty up the front of those very white laces, just where the hands would repeatedly go leaving grease?
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux    Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2022 7:19 am

Excellent work Chippers! the belt looks superb! (Might have to do Ta-Shia's now Laughing Laughing Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux    Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2022 9:47 am

TNshooter wrote:
Fantastic work Chip! I can't wait to see the finished product.

I'm curious, did you use a special type of paint for the flexible plastic?

Thanks Daryl , I just used Citadel or Vallejo Acrylics , as mentioned earlier , remember to scrub the plastic item with washing up liquid first and rinse and dry . I often key the plastic lightly with fine grade wet and dry paper , don`t go to far on detailed pieces with this part .

TNshooter likes this post

Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux    Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2022 9:49 am

LeStryge wrote:
I sure you are going to dirty up the front of those very white laces, just where the hands would repeatedly go leaving grease?

Yes Barry as mentioned , I have worked more on the boots since , I notice a lot of things after I photograph them , and realise I should of done this or that ....

Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux    Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2022 10:26 am

Chip your doing a EXCELLENT JOB at re- paint / weathering all the Han Solo gear and pistol. Will they all go back on Han Solo or will they be reissued to a kitbashed figure?

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux    Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2022 1:27 pm

Thanks Alex , they all will be returning to Han Solo .

PostSubject: Re: Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux    Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hasbro Han Hoth Gear redux
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next