ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Iron Knight tank

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

Iron Knight tank Empty
PostSubject: Iron Knight tank   Iron Knight tank Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2022 3:26 am

I decided my Tank commander needed a ride, abd picked up this iron Knight from a buddy. It needs some repairs, but it has potential!

Iron Knight tank 1-CB2-C927-6691-46-DC-8419-020-ADD42-E060
Iron Knight tank B87-BEE6-D-2017-482-F-A5-E0-E8-BC16-B0-E0-E5
Iron Knight tank CEF923-DE-BDB2-45-D0-A99-A-30790-F3-F8-F75
Iron Knight tank EAB333-E2-EDCA-4-F85-9822-B34-AEFE38388
Iron Knight tank 475-C4552-C082-4-C6-B-A43-D-ECCB717-D1-DC9

-Nate

BAMComix and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

Iron Knight tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Knight tank   Iron Knight tank Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2022 4:06 am

Nice Nate! Although VASTLY underscaled, I've always wanted one. Smile
Back to top Go down

Iron Knight tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Knight tank   Iron Knight tank Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2022 4:35 am

Reminds me of Lieutenant Gruber in " 'ALLO, 'ALLO " who was always referring to his "little tank". lol!
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Iron Knight tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Knight tank   Iron Knight tank Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2022 11:33 am

They look good till you put a figure in them , so under scaled as mentioned by Daryl . I can not remember , but can you squeeze the figure in so only the head is showing , wouldn`t look so bad then .

Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

Iron Knight tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Knight tank   Iron Knight tank Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2022 1:32 pm

Chip wrote:
They look good till you put a figure in them , so under scaled as mentioned by Daryl . I can not remember , but can you squeeze the figure in so only the head is showing , wouldn`t look so bad then .

I could shove him down a bit more, but the tanker jacket and web belt stop him where he is. It looks like he’s standing in the turret while on the move, scanning for danger. I’ve seen pics of figures wearing the thinner style tanker jacket a bit lower. The tank was designed for the more slight Defenders figures. It looks like the initial design was going to have a larger hatch in the center of the turret, which would have allowed a better fit, unlike the one they went with which is how the real turret is arranged.

Iron Knight tank 9-D07734-C-E434-49-C0-85-CF-E4-E32-AE53-BF3

-Nate
Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

Iron Knight tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Knight tank   Iron Knight tank Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2022 4:50 pm

LeStryge wrote:
Reminds me of Lieutenant Gruber in " 'ALLO, 'ALLO " who was always referring to his "little tank". lol!

lol! lol! 'Renee, may I offer you a ride in my little tank'? Wink Wink Laughing

It's a really nice looking piece of kit if a bit under scale. Could it be modded up a little bigger I wonder ?
Most of the Action Man tanks are under scale too, which is one of the reasons I never collected any.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

Iron Knight tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Knight tank   Iron Knight tank Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2022 2:41 am

I believe when it comes to vehicles for 1/6 figures the are made underscaled to keep them
from being too large. A true scale would be huge. Not to mention extra material to make them
which would really drive up the price of them.

I once saw a story about a toy product photographer that did work for Mattel's Barbie line.
He would cut the arms and glue them for poses that the figure couldn't do, for photos.

So whose to say the Defender in the photo, down in the turret, actually has legs? affraid

Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

Iron Knight tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Knight tank   Iron Knight tank Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2022 11:21 am

TNshooter wrote:
I believe when it comes to vehicles for 1/6 figures the are made underscaled to keep them
from being too large. A true scale would be huge. Not to mention extra material to make them
which would really drive up the price of them.

All very true Daryl, sadly. Can you imagine the play value out of a real 1/6th scale one though ?

It'd be epic !! Very Happy Very Happy

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Iron Knight tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Knight tank   Iron Knight tank Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iron Knight tank
Page 1 of 1