ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fairland Toys Bruce Action Civil War Soldier

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

Fairland Toys Bruce Action Civil War Soldier Empty
PostSubject: Fairland Toys Bruce Action Civil War Soldier   Fairland Toys Bruce Action Civil War Soldier Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2022 2:56 pm

Back in the 60s and 70s, there was a plethora of knockoff figures competing with Gi Joe and Action Man for parents’ money! One of these was Fairland Toys’ Bruce Action (had other names too.) I picked one up several months ago, and thought that he’d make a good basic American Civil War soldier. Cotswold sold a civil war set last year; and I added bits and pieces from other sources. Hope you like him!

Fairland Toys Bruce Action Civil War Soldier B48-E909-A-795-D-4-FBF-8-A2-E-0-B53-B88-DAFB4
Fairland Toys Bruce Action Civil War Soldier 4-D536-DE1-33-DF-46-F7-ADC4-32-F6-F272-BE33
Fairland Toys Bruce Action Civil War Soldier C4818963-8-D75-47-DB-AF55-FC499902-AFB2
Fairland Toys Bruce Action Civil War Soldier 48313-A8-C-8-AAF-4811-8-FF9-F069-FD94-E653

-Nate

BAMComix, TNshooter and Porky like this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fairland Toys Bruce Action Civil War Soldier   Fairland Toys Bruce Action Civil War Soldier Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2022 11:09 pm

I do like him a lot Nate! The uniform looks perfect.
It has long been my desire to start some Civil War figures too!
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Fairland Toys Bruce Action Civil War Soldier   Fairland Toys Bruce Action Civil War Soldier Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2022 3:47 am

He looks good Nate!

What kind of body does he have? I'm thinking some years ago I saw the head sculpt on a blow-molded
body (much like the Defenders) that was still in the package. I don't remember the name of the website
but it was one that showed old knock-off figures.

Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Fairland Toys Bruce Action Civil War Soldier   Fairland Toys Bruce Action Civil War Soldier Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2022 11:54 am

TNshooter wrote:
He looks good Nate!

What kind of body does he have? I'm thinking some years ago I saw the head sculpt on a blow-molded
body (much like the Defenders) that was still in the package. I don't remember the name of the website
but it was one that showed old knock-off figures.

Thanks! He’s got decent articulation, actually. These aren’t my pics, but does show what he looks like.

Fairland Toys Bruce Action Civil War Soldier D7-AF9343-3310-4974-8111-27-C626-A81-D81
Fairland Toys Bruce Action Civil War Soldier 75-C4-FFC8-A261-4-E66-AA01-96-F433202-E5-A

-Nate
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Fairland Toys Bruce Action Civil War Soldier   Fairland Toys Bruce Action Civil War Soldier Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2022 12:35 pm

Thanks Nate!

Seeing the figure I can see it's not the same head sculpt I was thinking of. I guess it was the cap
that partially threw me off.

I can't say I have ever seen this figure before, it's very interesting.

Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Fairland Toys Bruce Action Civil War Soldier   Fairland Toys Bruce Action Civil War Soldier Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2022 1:10 pm

TNshooter wrote:
Thanks Nate!

Seeing the figure I can see it's not the same head sculpt I was thinking of. I guess it was the cap
that partially threw me off.

I can't say I have ever seen this figure before, it's very interesting.

It’s also called “Johnny Strong” in the UK. Not as well known as Fighting Yank or Dynaman.

-Nate
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Fairland Toys Bruce Action Civil War Soldier   Fairland Toys Bruce Action Civil War Soldier Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2022 10:05 am

That's a nice ACW outfit, the civil war doesn't seem to get much coverage these days, as a kid in the 60s UK there was lots of ACW toy stuff about, I had a load of Brittains 1/32 figs including some nice cannons, Anyone remember the big square ACW bubble gum cards that were criticised even at the time for the rather graphic representation. I had a pile of those, another "wish I'd kept em" thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fairland Toys Bruce Action Civil War Soldier   Fairland Toys Bruce Action Civil War Soldier Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2022 5:06 am

Porky wrote:
Anyone remember the big square ACW bubble gum cards that were criticised even at the time for the rather graphic representation. I had a pile of those, another "wish I'd kept em" thing.
Just looked 'em up, and they certainly were "graphic" in their representations!
Interesting stuff!
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Fairland Toys Bruce Action Civil War Soldier   Fairland Toys Bruce Action Civil War Soldier Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2022 3:08 am

A coworker gave me a pair of the laceable short boots that you see with the para, Royal Marine and mountaineer. I thought they made decent stand ins for civil war brogans.

Fairland Toys Bruce Action Civil War Soldier 494-F601-D-4-D5-D-4-A56-88-AC-05-A437901-B9-B
Fairland Toys Bruce Action Civil War Soldier 73-A85-B5-A-9-F16-481-D-B67-D-73-D2-B0-AE9-A72
Fairland Toys Bruce Action Civil War Soldier FED46-FE7-33-CD-40-E5-955-D-E5-B3-AB744-FF2

-Nate

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fairland Toys Bruce Action Civil War Soldier   Fairland Toys Bruce Action Civil War Soldier Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fairland Toys Bruce Action Civil War Soldier
Page 1 of 1