ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Toning down glittery 40th fuzzy hair !

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

Toning down glittery 40th fuzzy hair ! Empty
PostSubject: Toning down glittery 40th fuzzy hair !   Toning down glittery 40th fuzzy hair ! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2022 8:36 pm

as per title, I've got a 40th blond fuzzy head that I wouldn't mind using just for variation, but the hair is kind of 'Glittery'.. it looks almost metallic, way too sparkly/shiny, so wondering if anyone's sprayed, painted, dyed or daubed anything on these to dull it down a bit ? obviously it doesn't want to be something that'd come off on hats or whatever.. any ideas most welcome
..otherwise I'll have to call him 'Heinz' (I bet you don't remember him ! )
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Toning down glittery 40th fuzzy hair !   Toning down glittery 40th fuzzy hair ! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2022 7:03 am

Why not go for a re-flock?
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Toning down glittery 40th fuzzy hair !   Toning down glittery 40th fuzzy hair ! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2022 8:40 am

Blondeactionman wrote:
Could do, but tbh I'm not sure it's worth the bother and £ .. the head has a rather overly reddish skin tone too and isn't ideal, I was just thinking of putting it on a body as it's lying there doing nowt !
I was otherwise thinking of shoving it on evilbay Twisted Evil , it's brand new looking and would do for someone
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Toning down glittery 40th fuzzy hair !   Toning down glittery 40th fuzzy hair ! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2022 9:53 am

Porky wrote:
Blondeactionman wrote:
Could do, but tbh I'm not sure it's worth the bother and £  .. the head has a rather overly reddish skin tone too and isn't ideal, I was just thinking of putting it on a body as it's lying there doing nowt !
I was otherwise thinking of shoving it on evilbay Twisted Evil , it's brand new looking and would do for someone

I have seen many a good re-flock that has vastly improved the 40th heads. I mean a full beard could help hide some of that skin colouring? Blackbrazen haven quite a few really cool ones, though, I forget who did them for him. I'm sure he'd be happy to let you know. However, at the end of the day, it's your call.
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Toning down glittery 40th fuzzy hair !   Toning down glittery 40th fuzzy hair ! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2022 11:58 am

Watered down Acrylics maybe ? keep adding coats till your happy maybe . No idea if it would work but was just a thought .

Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Toning down glittery 40th fuzzy hair !   Toning down glittery 40th fuzzy hair ! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2022 1:53 pm

..the beard to hide the red face is a novel idea ! there's no real place for beards in our mob unfortunately ( against regs. )

I'll see what I've got acrylic paint wise, and poss give it a splodge.. it's kind of removable in the initial stages anyway if it doesn't look good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toning down glittery 40th fuzzy hair !   Toning down glittery 40th fuzzy hair ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Toning down glittery 40th fuzzy hair !
Page 1 of 1