ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Long shot headlight

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rustygun
Mountaineer
Rustygun

Long shot headlight  Empty
PostSubject: Long shot headlight    Long shot headlight  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2022 8:41 am

I know it’s a long shot , but I’m looking for the headlight for the motorcycle,
I’ve ordered a battered motorcycle of fleabay. But it’s missing the headlight….
Thanks ….

Long shot headlight  EF725A8C-4310-4482-8D4C-F659E5E97F34

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Long shot headlight    Long shot headlight  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2022 10:01 am

I don't have a lamp unfortunately, I'm missing one for my bike too, tho I'll prob just leave it off ( I dont have the brackets either) the lads will just use the bike as a 'bush runabout' anyway so no MOT req. !
I suspect you may have to do a bit of scratch building there.
I was astonished what crazy prices people want for the spare parts from these, and indeed the bikes themselves, I missed a few before I got a tatty one to rebuild at a price I didn't mind paying ( it had been the copper's bike version originally )

Anyway I hope some kind soul here might have a spare lamp for you ..good luck !
Back to top Go down
Rustygun
Mountaineer
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: Long shot headlight    Long shot headlight  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2022 10:54 am

Porky wrote:
I don't have a lamp unfortunately, I'm missing one for my bike too, tho I'll prob just leave it off ( I dont have the brackets either) the lads will just use the bike as a 'bush runabout' anyway so no MOT req. !
I suspect you may have to do a bit of scratch building there.
I was astonished what crazy prices people want for the spare parts from these, and indeed the bikes themselves, I missed a few before I got a tatty one to rebuild at a price I didn't mind paying ( it had been the copper's bike version originally )

Anyway I hope some kind soul here might have a spare lamp for you ..good luck !

Tanks for the reply…
As you say, The bikes are going for silly money……and mine is missing the brackets as well as the headlight …also..
I was thinking about trying to make one….? Haven’t figured out how though…. lol!

Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Long shot headlight    Long shot headlight  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2022 3:37 pm

I saw the brackets on evilbay, (prob the same seller who wants £12 + some daft postage for the handlebars ) so likely expensive..  I'll be making handlebars for mine shortly, as they're missing ( our bike is featured in Porkenstein's workshop thread btw )
The brackets could easily be fab'd out of plastic card sheet, the lamp bowl I'd perhaps find a bit of wooden dowel of approx the right dia. then carve one end roughly to the curvy tapered shape then maybe chuck it in a drill ( like a DIY lathe) and finish smooth with a file / sandpaper to final shape. the lens could be a disc cut from a suitably curvy/domed plastic top or lid or something, you could poss even find a 'rim' from a small top or lid of some kind.
You might even find the rounded end of an old alloy cigar tube would work as a lamp bowl ... There's always loads of ways to hack/cheat/bodge Wink
I'm not bothering with a lamp, but the above is prob the kinda thing I'd do Smile
Back to top Go down
Rustygun
Mountaineer
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: Long shot headlight    Long shot headlight  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2022 5:50 pm

Porky wrote:
I saw the brackets on evilbay, (prob the same seller who wants £12 + some daft postage for the handlebars ) so likely expensive..  I'll be making handlebars for mine shortly, as they're missing ( our bike is featured in Porkenstein's workshop thread btw )
The brackets could easily be fab'd out of plastic card sheet, the lamp bowl I'd perhaps find a bit of wooden dowel of approx the right dia. then carve one end roughly to the curvy tapered shape then maybe chuck it in a drill ( like a DIY lathe) and finish smooth with a file / sandpaper to final shape. the lens could be a disc cut from a suitably curvy/domed plastic top or lid or something, you could poss even find a 'rim' from a small top or lid of some kind.
You might even find the rounded end of an old alloy cigar tube would work as a lamp bowl ... There's always loads of ways to hack/cheat/bodge Wink
I'm not bothering with a lamp, but the above is prob the kinda thing I'd do Smile

Thanks for that advise…and spending the time to reply..…but  since I posted this morning, a guy on another forum..said he can 3 d print me a  basic headlamp based on the cherilea one .. he had printed one before….which would be a great help..
I had a look at those brackets for the headlight on eBay, I have made an offer on them…so hopefully he will except…if not as you said I will have a go at making them …
The reason I would really like the headlamp is it’s going to be a part of a diarama I’m doing..
Thanks again…Dean.

Porky likes this post

Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Long shot headlight    Long shot headlight  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2022 6:21 pm

If you can get something 3d printed that's brilliant ! I never think of that kind of thing as I'm more Old (geezer) School and don't do the new fangled modern stuff !
I know folk make very complex scale model bits from 3d so a headlamp should be a doddle. Glad to hear you're likely sorted anyway.. I'd be v. interested to see some pics of your progress with the bike too Smile

Rustygun likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rustygun
Mountaineer
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: Long shot headlight    Long shot headlight  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2022 6:47 pm

Porky wrote:
If you can get something 3d printed that's brilliant !  I never think of that kind of thing as I'm more Old (geezer) School and don't do the new fangled modern stuff !
I know folk make very complex scale model bits from 3d so a headlamp should be a doddle. Glad to hear you're likely sorted anyway.. I'd be v. interested to see some pics of your progress with the bike too Smile

Yes hopefully sorted , and will post some photos once I start getting it together….

Painted Head (Hard Hands)
signalman

PostSubject: Re: Long shot headlight    Long shot headlight  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2022 7:04 pm

Have you tried Hobbycrash? They did a re-issue of the GM motorcycle a year or two back, and a fair few spare parts. They may still have some in stock.
Back to top Go down
Rustygun
Mountaineer
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: Long shot headlight    Long shot headlight  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2022 7:08 pm

signalman wrote:
Have you tried Hobbycrash? They did a re-issue of the GM motorcycle a year or two back, and a fair few spare parts. They may still have some in stock.

Yes I have ….they do the whole headlight for a very good price of 4 euro, but 28 euro shipping , which I am not prepared to pay…..can’t see how it’s that much…..?

Painted Head (Hard Hands)
signalman

PostSubject: Re: Long shot headlight    Long shot headlight  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2022 7:15 pm

28 quid shipping! cripes, and I thought the 8 Euro surcharge for copy of Doctor Who Magazine was a rip-off!
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Long shot headlight    Long shot headlight  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2022 7:55 pm

It may be worth contacting them by email and try to negotiate a reasonable shipping cost.. I've actually done this successfully before, sometimes they just block quote for a general (larger) sized package, if you say it's clearly a fairly tiny item and can they quote you a realistic postage cost... nothing to lose by asking Wink
Back to top Go down
Rustygun
Mountaineer
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: Long shot headlight    Long shot headlight  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2022 9:03 pm

Porky wrote:
It may be worth contacting them by email and try to negotiate a reasonable shipping cost.. I've actually done this successfully before, sometimes they just block quote for a general (larger) sized package, if you say it's clearly a fairly tiny item and can they quote you a realistic postage cost... nothing to lose by asking Wink

Thanks ..I’ll try that….

Mountaineer
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: Long shot headlight    Long shot headlight  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2022 3:52 pm

Porky wrote:
monkey
I did as you suggested……they emailed me back…
Fair enough , I suppose to why it’s so expensive……
Still don’t want to pay it thought…, but good news is that some very kind soul has 3 d printed a headlight for me , not the action man one , but near enough…I am waiting for it to arrive….

Long shot headlight  ABE417D5-9582-4D87-9DB1-2AFA7283D7EE

Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Long shot headlight    Long shot headlight  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2022 5:00 pm

...Some courier firm's having a proper "Turkish" there !
I don't believe they couldn't send small items like that in a jiffy bag by normal signed for mail, which I've had from euro countries no prob. but hey ho..
Anyway glad you got sorted with the printed version, it'll be interesting to see it in place on the bike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long shot headlight    Long shot headlight  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Long shot headlight
Page 1 of 1