ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body

Go down 
+3
TNshooter
Professor Gangrene Fan
BAMComix
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body Empty
PostSubject: YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body   YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2022 7:19 am

Recently, I received YM Toys YM33F head anime style sculpt. I'd been wanting it for a while, but didn't spring for it until a few weeks ago. I had hoped it would fit on the small TBLeague bodies, but as it turns out, it has the standard female neck adapter, so I decided to try in on an S22 body that's seen better days and now serves mainly as a test platform.  After trying out a bunch of different outfiits, I found thee one that seemed to fit this body best was in the Kimono Troop style, though the figure will not be a K-Troop member.  I also felt that with this figure, less is more, and did not over equip it.  Please send me your comments.  I'm not sure if I might switch the body out for an S32A body, which has more of an anime / cartoon figure body, or just leave it with the muscular S22A, which I find looks pretty good in this case. Please feel free to add your opinions.

YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body 52452002627_daa7698b0e_b

NEW ANIME01

by
Gary  Menten
, on Flickr

YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body 52452523606_f0e71143e8_b
NEW ANIME02
by
Gary  Menten
, on Flickr

YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body 52452796344_2a33ca2976_b
NEW ANIME03
by
Gary  Menten
, on Flickr

YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body 52453039848_b78768615c_b
NEW ANIME04
by
Gary  Menten
, on Flickr

YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body 52452521196_dba5b98bd2_b
NEW ANIME05
by
Gary  Menten
, on Flickr

BAMComix and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body   YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2022 7:45 am

Very nice Gary! She came together really well bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body   YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2022 8:24 am

Now that’s a very nice and simple kitbash you have created Gary. Very well done.

Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body   YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2022 11:10 am

I think she looks great. I'm guessing the anime head is keeping her from being in K-Troop?

Otherwise I think she would make a great addition.

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body   YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2022 12:40 pm

TNshooter wrote:
I think she looks great. I'm guessing the anime head is keeping her from being in K-Troop?

Otherwise I think she would make a great addition.

Yeah, she's gonna go with the anime squad. But Kimono Troop members also carry a lot more equipment. With this figure, I'm going with a "less is more" approach/.
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body   YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2022 10:58 pm

Looking good! cheers

New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body   YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2023 1:22 am

She's quite adorable, very cute 😍
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body   YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2023 2:05 am

To my uncritical eye, there's enough "realism" in this face to work with the Kimono Troop Krew, yet it's stylized enough to work with the anime army. Perhaps this one could be a crossover character, an emissary between worlds.

I know some of the dweebs at that other forum criticized the apparent size of this head relative to the body. In general, I find that YM Toys heads usually work on larger bodies, but will sometimes also work on more petite figures. You can experiment to find the combination that best suits your aesthetic needs, but I think this head-body combo looks just fine. I actually think those other forum dweebs have become somewhat inured to cartoonishly oversized heads; while they will criticize a Barbie-style playline figure, their preferred "realistic" figures often tend to feature exaggerated proportions, including oversized "movie star" heads. They don't see it themselves, and you'd never get them to admit it, but look at the combos they put together. (Or don't look, if you wanna keep your lunch down; that "Lost Boys" oversized head on that pale scrawny male body one of the guys posted over there has me cringing just thinking about it.)

I realize my own tolerance for "toy like" mixed with "realistic" leans toward the liberal, with a flat-painted-eye "anime" head sculpt (TBL S37) on a "petite" (S26) body having become one of the regularly recurring characters among my "realistic" characters. The YM head sculpt you're using here has more realistic eyes than the S37 "anime" figures, as well as more detailed lips and what looks like artfully applied blush on the cheeks.

As for the K-Troop squad generally being more heavily armed and equipped than the Bikini Babes, that only applies sometimes; not infrequently, I believe they can be found cavorting in the all-together.

PostSubject: Re: YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body   YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

YM33 Anime Head Sculpt, TBLeague S22A body
Page 1 of 1