ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TB League S37B Pale (Anime body & Head Sculpt) First pics

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

TB League S37B Pale (Anime body & Head Sculpt) First pics  Empty
PostSubject: TB League S37B Pale (Anime body & Head Sculpt) First pics    TB League S37B Pale (Anime body & Head Sculpt) First pics  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2022 5:01 pm

My latest purchase form Giantoy arrived yesterday afternoon, (Dec 31). It one of their anime figures, which I've been wanting to get for some time as I am a fan of several Japanese anime series, including Girls und Panzer, Agent Aika, The Magnificent Kotobuki, and High School DxD.

My overall impressions of the figure is that aside from the eyes, which leave something to be desired, it's one of their best. Now I'm not saying that it
has a more realistic body than other figures; quite the contrary, it has a very typical anime style body with a wasp waist, slender shoulders, long legs, huge eyes. It's just that the proportions on this body seem very correct for the look they were going after.  Please note however that the hands are the smallest I've ever seen on a Phicen / TBL League figure and the only props I could fit into them in such a way that they looked right were the Katana and a riding crop, though I'm hoping to find some others that will fit.  Please note also, that the connectors for the hands, feet and head are the smaller ones.  Also, because of the body, it will be quite challenging fitting this figure for clothing other than the bikini it came with, which is unlikely to last long as these moulded bikinis are known to break at the stress points just from being worn. This being said, I'm quite happy with the figure and eager to for TBL to release more along the same concept.

TB League S37B Pale (Anime body & Head Sculpt) First pics  51793123405_af67f69e6e_b
Page_2
by
Gary Menten
, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: TB League S37B Pale (Anime body & Head Sculpt) First pics    TB League S37B Pale (Anime body & Head Sculpt) First pics  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2022 11:39 pm

Congrats on the new arrival!
And thank you for posting the comparison photo.
This body style is possibly my fave from TBLeague.
As the slim proportions are more like those of a fashion doll, I have found that Barbie and other 1/6 fashion doll clothing often fits, and it is usually less expensive than Phicen sized outfits.

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: TB League S37B Pale (Anime body & Head Sculpt) First pics    TB League S37B Pale (Anime body & Head Sculpt) First pics  Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2022 8:07 pm

I'm getting so many bodies I can't keep them straight anymore, but I think the S36/37 "anime" type remains my favorite for a number of reasons:

1. The slim "anime" aesthetic.
2. Many Barbie and other "fashion doll" clothes fit.
3. Although less realistic, the head sculpt is cute.
4. As a result of the unrealistically slim proportions, when dressed the figure looks proportional, while heavier build bodies sometimes look too bulky in thicker garments.

I wish it were easier to find head sculpts that were sized properly for this body.

And again, I appreciate the comparison photo. I'd somewhat forgotten about it until running across this post again just now. It's definitely a helpful photo.

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: TB League S37B Pale (Anime body & Head Sculpt) First pics    TB League S37B Pale (Anime body & Head Sculpt) First pics  Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2022 8:11 pm

Sadly, the nice moulded bikini for that figure snapped under just the tension of being worn and I've been obliged to replace it with a cloth one from an eBay dealer in China.

TB League S37B Pale (Anime body & Head Sculpt) First pics  52077107624_2d36615df7_bPage_1 by Gary Menten, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: TB League S37B Pale (Anime body & Head Sculpt) First pics    TB League S37B Pale (Anime body & Head Sculpt) First pics  Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2022 9:04 pm

That's unfortunate about the elastic swimsuit straps, but it's inevitable. I think all the ones I have are broken, and most were never worn by the figure.

Earlier TBLeague figures sometimes included a fabric swimsuit top and bottom, although the tiny strings were extremely fussy to tie.

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: TB League S37B Pale (Anime body & Head Sculpt) First pics    TB League S37B Pale (Anime body & Head Sculpt) First pics  Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2022 9:10 pm

They've gone back to fabric bikinis on their latest anime figures.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TB League S37B Pale (Anime body & Head Sculpt) First pics    TB League S37B Pale (Anime body & Head Sculpt) First pics  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TB League S37B Pale (Anime body & Head Sculpt) First pics
Page 1 of 1