ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.

Go down 
+2
BAMComix
Kimono Troop Command
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  Empty
PostSubject: Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.    Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2022 6:47 pm

Warning: Pages 25-28 on this site have been edited to make them safe for work and conform to site rules concerning nudity, however if you should follow the story from beginning to end on Flickr, you will invariably run into the original uncensored versions of these pages.  If you are offended by nudity or are at the workplace or other sensitive area, do not follow the images on Flickr.

Many thanks to Dave as SCU_HQ for the Sabotage team images.

Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  52511305201_115ccf90fe_b
Page_01
by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  52510831397_50a9df8964_b
Page_02

Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  52510830222_9f22a625fd_b
Page_03

Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  52511852308_77585619cc_b
Page_04

Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  52511784425_5645bf74e7_b
Page_05

Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  52511783685_ce598c2ef5_b
Page_06

Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  52511849668_c2e1c4d6bf_b
Page_07

Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  52511848538_b788fb670d_b
Page_08

Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  52510823972_55b79c2cf6_b
Page_09

Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  52511846033_14a19cc6ef_b
Page_10

Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  52511567729_a10f0315db_b
Page_11

Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  52511566669_4176df1da5_b
Page_12

Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  52511292586_1855a3acbe_b
Page_13

Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  52511564559_ed8e4babde_b
Page_14

Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  52511774225_cc00b7db34_b
Page_15

Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  52511839983_3b3183e087_b
Page_16

Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  52511838743_5afcdecb2c_b
Page_17

Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  52511837438_1da6806647_b
Page_18

Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  52511836208_c088642977_b
Page_19

Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  52510811412_ac7121e3e5_b
Page_20

Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  52511283001_e3182561b5_b
Page_21

Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  52511831578_36f72a1eda_b
Page_22

Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  52511553224_a333304758_b
Page_23

Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  52511762765_6cf11d7dfb_b
Page_24

Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  52511890772_59763d832c_b
Page_25

Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  52512907783_befc9a5f1e_b
Page_26

Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  52512904858_e73991e9e9_b
Page_27

Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  52512831420_76f409045c_b
Page_28

BAMComix and Porky like this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.    Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2022 7:02 am

lol! lol! lol!  brilliant stuff Gary! Really funny. Loved the 'allo 'allo reference Wink . Thankfully, Laura was rescued and K-Troop was fully restored. I hope we get to see another, this was awesome, and well worth the wait bounce .
Back to top Go down
ZeroDelta
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ZeroDelta

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.    Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2022 8:51 am

Well, that sure was some story alright! Well done
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.    Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2022 12:09 pm

ZeroDelta wrote:
Well, that sure was some story alright! Well done

Thank-you. It was quite a lot of work putting it together, but I'm satisfied with the end result.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.    Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2022 12:11 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
lol! lol! lol!  brilliant stuff Gary! Really funny. Loved the 'allo 'allo reference Wink . Thankfully, Laura was rescued and K-Troop was fully restored. I hope we get to see another, this was awesome, and well worth the wait bounce .

I've been in need of an overall evil super-villain to provide balance in my stories, and I think that Dr. Diablos fills the role quite well.
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.    Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2022 4:36 pm

What can I say.. Epic ! Smile
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.    Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2022 11:22 pm

SUPERB! cheers cheers cheers

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.    Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2022 12:16 am

Thanks
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.    Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2022 1:01 am

You really nailed the comedic and plot pacing in this teriffic tale, I thought! It took a few pages to get warmed up, because you had to set up the scene, but by page 5 or 6 it was non-stop hilarity! Some of the lines took me by surprise and I was trying to read the panels and look at the pictures through tears in my eyes from laughing. No exaggeration!

The "firelight" lighting looked cool, and the gals have awesomely sculpted abs! I like the way the chisled anatomy of the prisoners was "artfully" conveyed against similarly craggy rock walls.

I was delighted to see you working with "shadowy lighting" through much of the story. You maintained the "bright, clear" lighting as is typical of your K-Troop HQ photos during the HQ scenes, but the night shots were appropriately shadowy, and I was impressed by how closely you emulated the lighting and set design of the Dr. Evil sabotage scene when you cut to Diablos in his underground office talking with Lilli. The transition was visually... seamless.

One of the things I thought was handled EXTREMELY well was managing the "dialog flow" among two or more characters in a single panel. I thought you handled the back-and-forth dialog extremely clearly in your panels in which it occurs.

Balloons -- The Congolese Balloon Battalions warrant a side-story of their own! That was funny! I was picturing each "battalion" as consisting of a single balloon.

I LOVED your miniature island mock-up... in a water tray no less... at the briefing session at HQ! That was so cool! Did you use epoxy resin to create the water tray? And Bond-Fleming cracked me up with his "Actually, this one is pretty much the worst I've ever seen" as they were evaluating the defenses.

We learned, too, that Kamiko has an aversion to "negative waves." If Diablos gets wind of this, he might hatch another cunning plan, a Negative Wave Generator or something.

Poor Heidi. Such a nice uniform. Ah well, I'm sure a Heidi II will replace her; or maybe a Helga or a Hildegarde or a Hedvig.

It was a fun story, loads of laughs, impressively photographed, with a professional comic book layout. Definitely a lot of work, but the results were worth the time and effort!

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.    Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2022 1:24 am

You are confusing Heidi, a K-Troop girl with the evil Bambi von Braun. Okay..they are both busty blondes...

I like the idea of a negative wave generator.....though it would probably just piss Kamiko off. The negative waves are of course, taken straight from the film "Kelly's Heroes." https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=negative+waves+kelly%27s+heroes

The water for the island model is Woodland Scenics "Realistic water" which is a resin that pours out of the bottle and cures in about 24 hours. The island itself is made with kinetic sand, and the vegetation is also from Woodland Scenics.

Managing the dialogue flow in the panels can be tricky, but I find it's always best to shoot wide, then crop as necessary as this allows you to use a lot of real estate for bubbles if needed. Shoot more images than you think you need. Take the same shot from different angles. Think about where you position the arms and hands...and the figures. Give them space where needed.

I left the Congolese Balloon Brigade to the imagination of the reader. I had hoped to find some affordable models of either zeppelins or steampunk balloons with gondolas as in "Five Weeks In A Balloon," but in the end, just left it open to people to imagine what they wanted to. The composition is also open to viewer interpretation.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.    Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2022 3:04 am

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
You are confusing Heidi, a K-Troop girl with the evil Bambi von Braun. Okay..they are both busty blondes...

Diablos cries out, "Heidi! Protect me! I'm wounded!" (p.26) so I thought it was Heidi who came to his assistance.

Also, Diablos refers to a female figure wearing a gas mask as "Bambi" on page 18, and it appears that the same masked "Bambi" is "hit" on page 26. On page 27, an unmasked female attempts to aid Diablos in his escape. I thought this was the "Heidi" to whom he called for assistance.

scratch

Last edited by SCU_HQ on Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.    Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2022 3:10 am

SCU_HQ wrote:

Diablos cries out, "Heidi! Protect me! I'm wounded!" (p.26) so I thought it was Heidi who came to his assistance.

Damn!  Even I can't keep them straight!  

SCU_HQ wrote:
Also, Diablos refers to a female figure wearing a gas mask as "Bambi" on page 18, and it appears that the same masked "Bambi" is "hit" on page 26. On page 27, an unmasked female attempts to aid Diablos in his escape. I thought this was the "Heidi" to whom he called for assistance.

scratch

Gotta fix that at some point

Or maybe I'll just leave it as it is and say there was one named Bambi and another named Heidi. They were both shot and killed....
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.    Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2022 3:47 am

lol! lol! lol!

Or maybe I'll just leave it as it is and say there was one named Bambi and another named Heidi. They were both shot and killed....

Well... that's how I interpreted it. And as they were relatively minor background characters, I doubt that anyone else will really notice that it was a typo.

Next episode, they can return as Hilde and Brunhilde! Razz

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.    Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rescue Laura Part II: The Rescue Mission.
Page 1 of 1