ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures

Go down 
+4
Glidah Drivah
Chip
TNshooter
Hawkeye
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hawkeye
Australian Jungle Fighter
Hawkeye

After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures Empty
PostSubject: After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures   After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2023 8:22 pm

Here's my very first pair of Tommy Gunns after all the years I've been in the hobbu I never got round to picking one up, scratch These two are starting to take shape but I'm on the lookout for a pair of arms and hands for my radio operator he's got a makeshift arm and a half at the moment so if anyone has a spare pair I'm willing to pay or trade cheers 💪

After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures 381645950-10161208323328554-9078631154352654912-n

BAMComix and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Military Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures   After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2023 11:35 pm

They look great ian. cheers They have some nice kit.

I got one some years ago, he was missing a foot. I couldn't find one, so I decided to get a pair
of repro Joe feet to try them. I'm thinking I got a uniform for him, but it's been so long I can't
remember where I put him. lol!

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures   After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2023 11:10 am

There was some good kit in the Tommy Gun range , I hope you manage to complete them .

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures   After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2023 12:17 pm

Nice Tommy Gunns! I’ve only seen one in the states. Like Marx’s Buddy Charlie in the US and Dynaman in Europe; they were less knockoffs than legitimate competitors.

-Nate

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures   After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2023 1:16 pm

TNshooter wrote:
They look great ian. cheers They have some nice kit.

I got one some years ago, he was missing a foot. I couldn't find one, so I decided to get a pair
of repro Joe feet to try them. I'm thinking I got a uniform for him, but it's been so long I can't
remember where I put him. lol!

Nice one Daryl I'd like to see him if you find him out it's good to see our chaps across the pond Very Happy it's taken me 61 years to get around to picking one up for myself haha

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures   After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2023 1:20 pm

Chip wrote:
There was some good kit in the Tommy Gun range , I hope you manage to complete them .

Thanks Chip and yes but I always looked at them as a knock off so didn't bother to get any but now wanted a fresh figure to look into it's a bit of a minefield as these are both VAM berets I've been told scratch but I think they work ok lol! by the way did I say minefield well thats my next Tommy Gunn mission Laughing

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures   After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2023 1:24 pm

Glidah Drivah wrote:
Nice Tommy Gunns! I’ve only seen one in the states. Like Marx’s Buddy Charlie in the US and Dynaman in Europe; they were less knockoffs than legitimate competitors.

-Nate

Thanks Nate and yes I always looked at them as knock offs and didn't bother with them its taken me all this time to finally see how good they were Laughing

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures   After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2023 2:22 pm

Tommy Gunn Radio Mission Minefield 😰 💥

After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures 1

After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures 2

After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures 4

After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures 6

After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures 8

After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures 9

BAMComix, TNshooter and Scottish.Actionman. like this post

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures   After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2023 8:50 pm

Hawkeye I’m really loving the pictures of your Tommy Gunn Radio Mission Minefield set. Let’s hope they got though the minefield safe and sound.

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Scottish.Actionman.
Medic
Scottish.Actionman.

PostSubject: Re: After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures   After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2023 9:33 pm

Hi Ian my friend  cheers  ,
I hope all's well with yourself and life is treating you well. The there really nice looking Tommy Gunn figures Ian . I've thought about buying these figures before but never taken the chances,
Maybe at some point  Smile
Speak to you soon my friend .
Very kind regards ,
Allan

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures   After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2023 10:27 pm

Those look good , Ian .

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Military Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures   After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2023 11:53 pm

Nice set up on the mine field, I really like the barb wire, did you or your son make it?

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures   After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2023 7:18 am

They look terrific Ian, well done bounce bounce

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures   After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2023 12:00 pm

Hi Ian , I posted pics of My Tommy Gun stuff here , like you it`s all a bit cloudy for me as to what is and what isn`t . Anyway thought you might like to take a look .

https://actionmanmobileops.forumotion.co.uk/t12255-tommy-gun-and-knock-off-i-d-please?highlight=Tommy+Gun

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures   After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2023 8:16 pm

Professor Gangrene Fan wrote:
Hawkeye I’m really loving the pictures of your Tommy Gunn Radio Mission Minefield set. Let’s hope they got though the minefield safe and sound.

Thank you Alex I enjoyed setting this up and tried to get a few bits of Tommy Gunn equipment in the pictures and hopefully other members will put me on the right track if anything isn't TG Laughing Cheers Ian

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures   After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2023 8:24 pm

Scottish.Actionman. wrote:
Hi Ian my friend  cheers  ,
I hope all's well with yourself and life is treating you well. The there really nice looking Tommy Gunn figures Ian . I've thought about buying these figures before but never taken the chances,
Maybe at some point  Smile
Speak to you soon my friend .
Very kind regards ,
Allan

Hello Allan I'm ok thanks, how are you doing my friend? Cheers on the Tommy Gunns it's taken me 61 years to finally start to get them haha but it's quite a neat figure, I got the Pedigree Captain Scarlets years ago and they used Tommy Gunn bodies for these so when I started to make the Spectrum team I thought I'd have to get a TG to be at least one of these, ot's like every other figure though they al cost and always need something else scratch lol! Take care mate Cheers Ian

Scottish.Actionman. likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures   After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2023 8:28 pm

TNshooter wrote:
Nice set up on the mine field, I really like the barb wire, did you or your son make it?

Thank you Daryl, The barb wire set is original Tommy Gunn I've had it for years now in my boxes but finally got my own TG to set it up with by the way the plastic mines and some of the card signs are also TG Cheers Ian

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures   After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2023 8:49 pm

BAMComix wrote:
They look terrific Ian, well done bounce bounce

Thanks Dal it took a bit to set up especially the TG holding the phone to his ear as they arent as flexible as VAM it had to be done with laggy bands and editing haha Laughing

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures   After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2023 8:52 pm

Chip wrote:
Hi Ian , I posted pics of My Tommy Gun stuff here , like you it`s all a bit cloudy for me as to what is and what isn`t . Anyway thought you might like to take a look .

https://actionmanmobileops.forumotion.co.uk/t12255-tommy-gun-and-knock-off-i-d-please?highlight=Tommy+Gun

Thanks Chip I took a look and Shocked Wow nice TG collection, some nice stuff you have there mate bounce

Military Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures   After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures Icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2023 12:25 am

I was looking for something else, and found my Tommy Gunn in a place I didn't think he was in.

The reproduction feet I got for him was with him, but not the uniform and helmet that I'm pretty
sure I picked up.

His legs were a bit floppy, so I pulled at one to see how it was connected, and the band broke. affraid
And I found that the one original foot I got with him was cracked up the middle.

After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures Tgunn110

After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures Tgunn210

I will need to find a way to restring him. Then I will need wrap the foot pegs in plumbers tape to
keep them on.

Looking at the body, and since you are looking for arms, I'm wondering if you couldn't put
VAM arms on yours? But the hooks are reversed, the hooks are attached to the limbs instead
of the inner bands.

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures   After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures Icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2023 7:52 pm

TNshooter wrote:
I was looking for something else, and found my Tommy Gunn in a place I didn't think he was in.

The reproduction feet I got for him was with him, but not the uniform and helmet that I'm pretty
sure I picked up.

His legs were a bit floppy, so I pulled at one to see how it was connected, and the band broke. affraid
And I found that the one original foot I got with him was cracked up the middle.

I will need to find a way to restring him. Then I will need wrap the foot pegs in plumbers tape to
keep them on.

Looking at the body, and since you are looking for arms, I'm wondering if you couldn't put
VAM arms on yours? But the hooks are reversed, the hooks are attached to the limbs instead
of the inner bands.

Nice one Daryl he doesn't look too bad and if you can get a set of original Tommy Gunn feet and a restringing kit you will have a great figure, I usually re-string my own figures, you can buy the kits over here on eBay, I wonder if you can get hold of them from Cotswold Collectables on your side of the pond, be careful if you attempt to restring him as the chest can break under too much pressure, also if you chose to try GI Joe feet you could end up splitting the legs as the Tommy Gunn foot pegs are smaller than the Joe and Vam pegs
Good luck and let me know how you get on bounce cheers Cheers Ian

TNshooter likes this post

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Military Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures   After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures Icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2023 9:53 pm

Cotswold has restring kits for Joe, I looked to see if it might fit but the band is too long.
I tried finding original feet, but couldn't, that's why I picked up a set of Cotswold Joe
reproduction feet. The pegs on the Cots are actually thinner, they go into the legs but
won't stay. That's why I plan to wrap tape around the pegs to get a tight fit. They are
a different skin tone (lighter) than Tommy, but I figure they won't be seen when he
has boots on. And I will be using Joe boots since I don't have original TG's.

I think I may have a way to restring him, but I will need to figure out how to hook
the elastic to the hooks that come out of the leg.

Thanks for the tips Ian. cheers I know about chest breaking, I busted the chest on
the first Joe I restrung. I learned from that mistake. lol! Luckily I had a spare.

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures   After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures Icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2023 10:14 am

TNshooter wrote:
Cotswold has restring kits for Joe, I looked to see if it might fit but the band is too long.
I tried finding original feet, but couldn't, that's why I picked up a set of Cotswold Joe
reproduction feet. The pegs on the Cots are actually thinner, they go into the legs but
won't stay. That's why I plan to wrap tape around the pegs to get a tight fit. They are
a different skin tone (lighter) than Tommy, but I figure they won't be seen when he
has boots on. And I will be using Joe boots since I don't have original TG's.

I think I may have a way to restring him, but I will need to figure out how to hook
the elastic to the hooks that come out of the leg.

Thanks for the tips Ian. cheers I know about chest breaking, I busted the chest on
the first Joe I restrung. I learned from that mistake. lol! Luckily I had a spare.

Hi Daryl and yes I thought that Cotswold did some stringing sets maybe you can shorten them a bit by tying a knot or two in a set, good on the feet I wasnt sure if they would be tight but good idea with the plumbing tape to take up the slack, it sounds like your in a similar stage to me and trying to make bits fit, that works and you can always add the original stuff if or when you get it scratch by the way I was looking on ebay and found a set of the Barbed wire all round defence that you asked about, heres a couple of links to the ebay pages

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/195998957827?hash=item2da272c103:g:VxYAAOSwSxdlEZBp&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4LHshwTHd7sCoJaxWZK7zDsnNMaBXtbBkJSFr5BGqEGcUN%2BCz2cPak1zVNAr2ufMe56yTMvC9gedcEfQdr5SIVgv7AknmPnuGrF7TSiNJfltbNWw3GSEuxtrPKdTV7o5S%2Ffmoa0YH11kRpvZgtc4cb1EoW3RiNomUk1aTgNbJ6y7beW98Bmr266Uh8MjEKAa%2BQeUDD1%2BTOAxrP2AUEG75AHpPRxYn774oMjVrpY%2F%2FfHf%2FvKr2XWXTrgGw7BXTWVW1OeaPziTLhndbM%2BhMNKSBrw8pJBFUaNJWgCMJ5CAV9Db%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR7K2y93aYg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/314011332874?hash=item491c88b10a:g:oTsAAOSwfztijjqi&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4Op8ZPrxgDWXBVuI01tbANfbvwCFq5wYoFSJom7mOsNsysARR60WWlYTFPyT2iiznPq4aJU2XNVUNeioHXG3rodBOO3J3zEG6jWPbuC1ivU3MumyjLUYkxyoBX3I3Zjk9oQy1OaO81F18D47fj2e5RvyJ76MvobBoAekIOstiYJuwBmOwE9ARnvTSaegbv%2BQWMNJyjm9T2IxWUeW7Ajjz3bbLIyrQG0%2FwHogT5i2B%2B21aa%2BsFPYAN8iu3l5u54%2BVq1RtV4I3eykt8Wma5AubcR%2BBdNR5h1SQwTZyqs1i4d4y%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR46q8t_aYg

TNshooter likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures   After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures Icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2023 8:58 pm

My Vintage Debenhams Exclusive Tommy Gunn has finally got a new set of arms and hands thanks to Terry Hall from the Tommy Gunn Facebook page for the help with this and the Captain Scarlet boot Cheers Mate👍😁👢

After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures 380001163-293771130077264-1786960351664994817-n

After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures 382596398-1720071801797484-2032293946230149691-n

After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures 382445974-703700231645389-352552446342274695-n

After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures 380001166-650694013866502-8857745754447824629-n

BAMComix and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Military Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures   After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures Icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2023 10:04 pm

He looks great Ian. cheers

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures   After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

After all these years my first Tommy Gunn figures
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next