ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer

Go down 
+3
Chip
Professor Gangrene Fan
Kimono Troop Command
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer Empty
PostSubject: Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer   Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2023 4:16 pm

This is my take on Professor Victor Champion, a character first created by the late MiskatonicNick. He has so far been perpetuated by both Dal an Dave, and now, thanks to the generous gift of a head sculpt from Dave who seems to have had one too many, I am perpetuating him also.

My interpretation, like Dave's is that Professor Champion ha a very retro look, resembling the stereotypical British Explorer types of the late 19th C to through the first half of the 20th C.  The body is a TBL M32, and he wears an Ujindou bush jacket with a scarf or ascot, sleeves rolled up. His breeches are from the DiD Colonel MacKenzie figure as are his boots. The helmet is an India Pattern Sola Topee, obtained from Tony Barton at Antheads, the carbine is a US M1, which were quite popular with British troops in Burma when they could be had, and which were even carried by British generals such as General Slim while serving in Burma. The belt, holster and canteen are WWII British and the pistol, not seen here, is a Smith & Wesson M1917 revolver in .45 ACP.  

One thing that really disappoints me about the M32 figure, is the lack of gun-gripping hands...actually any gripping hands. TBL seems to think we will all be using these figures as Kung-Fu fighters or something. A set of gloved hands has been ordered from ebay and will replace these crappy Kung-fu hands as soon as they arrive.

It's not generally well-known, but Professor Champion is an avid bird-watcher in his spare time.

In reality, he drinks much more whisky than he lets on.

Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer 53226614844_4cbecc4783_b
Victor Champion 4
by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

It should be noted that Kamiko has driven a good many men to drink more than they should.

Last edited by Kimono Troop Command on Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:56 pm; edited 2 times in total

BAMComix, FIELD STATION 42 and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer   Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2023 5:05 pm

I’m really really liking your interpretation of the famous adventurer Professor Victor Champion Gary Very Happy. I’m liking the fact that you’v added that he’s a an avid bird-watcher in his spare time. Looking forward to seeing more of him in the future.

Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer   Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm

He looks excellent Gary , definitely has the English Explorer look .

Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ZeroDelta

PostSubject: Re: Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer   Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2023 9:35 pm

Ah yes, Loch Lomond Whiskey, thats the same brand Captain Haddock drinks.
Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer Haddock-whisky-Loch-Lomond

FIELD STATION 42 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer   Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2023 11:12 pm

ZeroDelta wrote:
Ah yes, Loch Lomond Whiskey, thats the same brand Captain Haddock drinks.
Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer Haddock-whisky-Loch-Lomond

I knew that at least one person would get that joke.

FIELD STATION 42 likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer   Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2023 7:28 am

A brilliant take on an iconic character. Really nice Gary! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer   Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2023 12:23 pm

Thanks. Dal.
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer   Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2023 5:13 pm

Does the red bow work?

Not as well as a gun! cheers lol! lol!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer   Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2023 9:22 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
Does the red bow work?

Not as well as a gun! cheers lol! lol!

There are a lot of stories about Kamiko's red silk bow, including that it is a talisman that wards off evil. People who know here well however say she wears it as a sign of contempt for anyone trying to shoot at her.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer   Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2023 3:19 am

Not satisfied with the crappy "kung fu" hands that come with Phicen male figures, I ordered a some molded gloved hands to replace them, but won't likely have my hand on them for three weeks. In the meantime, I've created some short gauntlet hands using some of the spare hands I have for other figures, some Milliput epoxy putty, and reddish-brown paint. These are a stopgap, but they will work until I get the better ones I've ordered from Monkey Depot.
Not satisfied with the crappy "kung fu" hands that come with Phicen male figures, I ordered a some molded gloved hands to replace them, but won't likely have my hand on them for three weeks. In the meantime, I've created some short gauntlet hands using some of the spare hands I have for other figures, some Milliput epoxy putty, and reddish-brown paint. These are a stopgap, but they will work until I get the better ones I've ordered from Monkey Depot.

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer   Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2023 7:20 am

The gloved hands work really well Gary! The help complete his look bounce .
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer   Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2023 11:27 am

Thanks. I certainly think they look better than the crappy hands that came with the figure.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer   Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2023 4:13 pm

The gloved hands are a most excellent upgrade! As BAMComix notes, the gloves serve to complete the overall look!

Diablos Island looks like a fun place! Like a theme park with real bullets!

I wonder which would be more fun: being on Team Kamiko and wiping out the last pockets of Diablos Goons and their fascist cohorts, or being on Team Diablos and plotting a daring scheme to reclaim their territory?

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer   Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2023 5:19 pm

FIELD STATION 42 wrote:

I wonder which would be more fun: being on Team Kamiko and wiping out the last pockets of Diablos Goons and their fascist cohorts, or being on Team Diablos and plotting a daring scheme to reclaim their territory?

stick around and you might find out,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer   Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Professor Victor Champion: My interpretation of the famous adventurer
Page 1 of 1