ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him

Go down 
+2
Professor Gangrene Fan
Chip
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him  Empty
PostSubject: Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him    Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2023 9:46 pm

Hi all , so here is the story , I got this bunch of figures for a price I couldn`t resist . There was nothing really outstanding about them , and one or two were missing more parts than others . But I could see potential in them , and I like doing up older figures . " Doc Oc " I hope is the most challenging , he had only one artificial arm left , I will try and explain the fixes as we go , thanks to Dave giving me the nod , I managed to squeeze in a few how too photos ,R.T also suggested a look on YouTube , and sure enough there was a fix on there , all be it on a smaller scaled figure . These new arms are by no means perfect but they work for me . Hope you like him .

So I used some USB lap top lights for the replacement arms , firstly cutting off the USB plugs .

Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him  2-P1170692

By drilling into the Docs back , with a drill just wide enough to make the new arms a snug fit , and threading the arms through some suitably sized bolts , I then used an epoxy glue to hold them in place . These were left a day or so to set .

Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him  1-P1170682

I then removed the plastic off the light ends , and painted the inside bulbs with enamel Red Paint .

Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him  3-P1170689

I then needed to come up with something for those claw like hands , so I used these electrics Crocodile clips . Which had to be dismantled , and bent into positions I liked .

Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him  4-P1170703

I then glued these in place and used some shrink tube to secure them further .

Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him  5-P1170720

Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him  6-P1170783

Here are a couple of photos , with the jacket fitted .

Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him  7-P1170804

Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him  8-P1170801

His face was a bit dinged in places so here is the start of touching those up , his nose neck and hair needed a touching up .

Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him  9-P1170696

That`s about it for the fixes , I gave Doc a pair of shades , and this is how he ended up looking .

Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him  10-P1170773

Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him  11-P1170789

Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him  12-P1170781

BAMComix and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him    Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2023 10:05 pm

You sure have managed to rebuild Doctor Octopus Chip. Very impressed with him. Once again you’v photographed him brilliantly. Doctor Octopus sure looks scary and a true villain in my eyes.

FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him    Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2023 10:19 pm

Shocked Oh my goodness! What a brilliant repair... and upgrade! Those new flexible metal arms are far better than the original! The new claws look appropriately menacing! Using the shrink-tube to give the claw arms a finished look was a stroke of genius!

Sounds like the repairs will be sturdy, too, with a bolt from the back held in with epoxy!

Fantastic work!

Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him    Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2023 11:44 pm

Oh wow. Brilliant repair Chip cheers cheers

Chris
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him    Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2023 7:24 am

Wow Chip, he came out fantastic! the arms and new claws were inspired mate bounce . Top work. I doubt he has ever looked so good cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him    Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2023 12:19 pm

Thanks chaps , without the suggestion of looking on YouTube from R.T , I would probably still be scratching my head wondering where to start . But yeah I am pleased how he turned out . I have a couple of unboxed Spiderman figures , I am hoping he inspires me to open one of them .

Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him    Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2023 12:29 pm

Glad I could be a small help.

Although you do realise that as well as a spiderman you're going to need a street dio..maybe an alley. With a fire escape and a huge bin on wheels..or two. Some graffiti and rubbish strewn about...a manhole cover..and...and..and....

Not so helpful now am I ? lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him    Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2023 3:02 pm

Whoa, he turned out great Chip! cheers

I enjoyed the how to and photos of the materials used. I may not be looking to make a Doc Oc, but the parts I may
remember for other ideas.

Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him    Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2023 3:42 pm

Thanks R.T , Daryl , maybe you could build the Dio and I will bring my Figures round for a photo shoot . Very Happy

Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him    Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2023 3:45 pm

Chip wrote:
Thanks R.T , Daryl , maybe you could build the Dio and I will bring my Figures round for a photo shoot . Very Happy

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him    Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Doctor Octopus Gentlemen we can rebuild him
Page 1 of 1