ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SlackAlpine Rendezvous

Go down 
+9
Danthecoat
inntruderr61
Rossini
Bond007ca
ghost recon
Professor Gangrene Fan
Reddragon
BAMComix
SlackElastic
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
zulu1
Painted Head
zulu1

SlackAlpine Rendezvous - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SlackAlpine Rendezvous   SlackAlpine Rendezvous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 11:02 am

outstanding slack! Love the russians
Back to top Go down
ghost recon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: SlackAlpine Rendezvous   SlackAlpine Rendezvous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 12:05 pm

LOVE the Russians Grand Master Slacksparov.................A beautiful dio.
Back to top Go down
SlackElastic
Medic
SlackElastic

PostSubject: Re: SlackAlpine Rendezvous   SlackAlpine Rendezvous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 11:57 pm

cheers Ghouler and Zulu! keep your sheets white and your shieldskin tight! affraid

Smile

Slack
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/el_slackelastic/

PostSubject: Re: SlackAlpine Rendezvous   SlackAlpine Rendezvous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 7:43 pm

Those are some of the best VAM dio's I've ever seen Slack, brilliant mate they really are bounce
Back to top Go down
SlackElastic
Medic
SlackElastic

PostSubject: Re: SlackAlpine Rendezvous   SlackAlpine Rendezvous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 11:44 pm

paintedhead1234 wrote:
Those are some of the best VAM dio's I've ever seen Slack, brilliant mate they really are bounce
thanks Jason, need to find a new background now... and then more!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SlackAlpine Rendezvous   SlackAlpine Rendezvous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 12:43 am

Slackechevitz! Nice job with the Ruskies!

How about some tips on the scene's backgrounds, they are beautiful, so real looking its scary!

Rick
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: SlackAlpine Rendezvous   SlackAlpine Rendezvous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 2:34 am

To quote a phrase, Slacktasitc work!!! Cool Cool Cool

Apart from being utterly awesome in every way, I am so impressed at how you are able to blend the dio in with the background -- seamless!!! Most impressive...I could go on and on!

I also love the dio cabinet. This is so cool and must be tons of fun to set up different displays. It is nice and big to accomodate vehicles, but also contained -- very cool!!!

Brian
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Last edited by gibri on Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: SlackAlpine Rendezvous   SlackAlpine Rendezvous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 3:33 pm

Tremendous studio shots Slack!!!, great photography skills there cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
SlackElastic
Medic
SlackElastic

PostSubject: Re: SlackAlpine Rendezvous   SlackAlpine Rendezvous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 7:33 pm

clivvers wrote:
Tremendous studio shots Slack!!!, great photography skills there cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

gibri wrote:
To quote a phrase, Slacktasitc work!!! Cool Cool Cool

Apart from being utterly awesome in every way, I am so impressed at how you are able to blend the dio in with the background -- seamless!!! Most impressive...I could go on and on!

I also love the dio cabinet. This is so cool and must be tons of fun to set up different displays. It is nice and big to accomodate vehicles, but also contained -- very cool!!!

Brian
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

joeman wrote:
Slackechevitz! Nice job with the Ruskies!

How about some tips on the scene's backgrounds, they are beautiful, so real looking its scary!

Rick

thanks Brian and clivvers... it's all great fun to do... allows me to switch off and play...

Twisted Evil

heh Rick... bases are MDF offcuts with interior wall filler/plaster, mixed with a little Hamster-cage sawdust to give it some texture...needs to be quite sloppy so it is runny so you can move it around and shape it a little as it dries.... trial and error to get the consistency but these were my first efforts and total cost was about $5! The trees I found in a carpark next to the trash bins... part of an old xmas tree I think... and all with a post.. I just predrilled some 6mm holes and they slot right in...
paintwise I got some chalk paint and acrylic burnt Umber and any othe autumn leaf colours and just experiemented... good to have a base coat and they light swirls of highlights... less is more at the start and then I got the feel for it and experiented... use very little paint and keep swirling.... I'd say total cost for both bases was $10, paint was $20 but I used hardly any highlight paint so lots left for more......

the background painting was a lucky find at the rubbish dump... but when I say lucky, I mean i've looked 100 times and got nothing... so in the end you make some luck...

I think go for a mix without the sawdust shavings and it will come out smooth... shape it a little when it's still pliable drag some skies halfway and then paint it white... would be a snow base....

just give it a go.... plaster wall filler, sawdust shaving and MDF... what's to lose?!

Smile

Slack
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SlackAlpine Rendezvous   SlackAlpine Rendezvous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 4:41 pm

Hmm...I'm surprised nobody mentioned yer "black Russian." No doubt he's a native of the region around the Black Sea, yes?  lol! 

Very entertaining, you are! Clever, and the Force is strong with you!  lol! 
Back to top Go down
SlackElastic
Medic
SlackElastic

PostSubject: Re: SlackAlpine Rendezvous   SlackAlpine Rendezvous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 8:12 am

Brigadier Graemon wrote:
Hmm...I'm surprised nobody mentioned yer "black Russian." No doubt he's a native of the region around the Black Sea, yes?  lol! 

Very entertaining, you are! Clever, and the Force is strong with you!  lol! 

My Black Russian was indeed a little jape! he has now been sent to fight the DAKs  clown 

thanks for the positives Brigadier Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Sparklebudgie
Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: SlackAlpine Rendezvous   SlackAlpine Rendezvous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 9:42 am

Inspirational work slack, love the finished item  cheers 

PostSubject: Re: SlackAlpine Rendezvous   SlackAlpine Rendezvous - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SlackAlpine Rendezvous
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2