ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash.

Go down 
+11
inntruderr61
action bob
zulu1
BAMComix
Reddragon
ak615
ghost recon
somekindajoe
Bond007ca
TALLY HO
brownboots
15 posters
AuthorMessage
brownboots
Admin
brownboots

Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash. Empty
PostSubject: Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash.   Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash. Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 3:16 am

Having seen this article on the excellent Joe Report site.....
http://patchesofpride.wordpress.com/2013/04/20/custom-69-eagle-eye-adventurer-creates-stir/
....I decided to have a stab at painting up one myself. The head was badly marked with pen so I had nothing to loose.
What you see in the picture is only half finished, it needs some touch up on the hair line and some brows.

Cappy you may want to leave the room at this point!!
Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash. Redheadee_zps0d7f77ae

The hair colour is squig orange by Citadel (games workshop) which is a pretty good approximation of the original colour.
Also a big thanks to the guys in the Liverpool branch of Games Workshop...great tips and service!! cheers

Which brings me to a dilema...what uniform do I bash him in??
Over to you guys I guess!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash.   Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash. Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 3:30 am

Green Beret for sure, Red P.H's always look great in that and you almost never see an E.E in that outfit either, you'll kill two birds with one stone!
Back to top Go down
brownboots
Admin
brownboots

PostSubject: Re: Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash.   Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash. Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 3:39 am

Hell of a call cheers ....with just one snag...I don't own that outfit....Doah!!
You're right,would look great though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TALLY HO
Armoured Car Commander
TALLY HO

PostSubject: Re: Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash.   Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash. Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 4:48 am

looks as if it was ment to be , good job
Back to top Go down
Bond007ca
Eagle Eyes
Bond007ca

PostSubject: Re: Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash.   Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash. Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 5:29 am

Very cool!!!!

Love the Ging!!!
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash.   Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash. Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 6:38 am

Shellshocked wrote:
Green Beret for sure.....you almost never see an E.E in that outfit

Shocked There's a reason for that... it's just plain wrong!! lol!

I saw the original head a few weeks ago and don't think that, or your version, looks too bad. I'd definitely dress him in an EE era uni though.
Back to top Go down
ghost recon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash.   Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash. Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 8:56 am

OMG !!! BB do you have the Devil sat on your shoulder ? Lol He's the only reason I can think of as to why you would commit such a sin against VAManity !! lol.

It looks very different mate . An interesting thing to do. I'm with Steve here , Dress him in late issue. Or sunglasses pmsl.
Back to top Go down
ak615
Action Pilot
ak615

Location : Off the shoulder of orion in the dark near the tanhauser gate

PostSubject: Re: Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash.   Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash. Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 9:01 am

Dress him as an SAS trooper Razz Seriously though how about a basic soldier bash ? Good effort BB affraid
Back to top Go down
Reddragon
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Reddragon

PostSubject: Re: Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash.   Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash. Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 9:55 am

He looks great B.B, I would dress him as a green beret just to annoy, the trouble with elderly people is they hate change lmao, go on be devil . Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash.   Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash. Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 6:05 pm

lol! @ taffy ! awesome mate, he looks great, What about dressing him as a 1st issue soldier ??
Back to top Go down
zulu1
Painted Head
zulu1

PostSubject: Re: Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash.   Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash. Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 6:21 pm

Looking good BB!
Back to top Go down
action bob
Flock Head (Hard Hands)
action bob

PostSubject: Re: Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash.   Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash. Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 7:16 pm

Great paint job BB, Green Beret would look good, but predictable, how about a 7th cavalry outfit, be like an irish figure from that era!!
Back to top Go down
brownboots
Admin
brownboots

PostSubject: Re: Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash.   Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash. Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 10:26 am

Some interesting feedback Very Happy I've ran out of Dullcote but I hope to have this finished in a week. So Space Ranger it is then lol!
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash.   Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash. Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 1:43 pm

You did a great job! cheers

Pierce his nipples with chains and dress him in leather... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Joe90
Eagle Eyes
Joe90

PostSubject: Re: Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash.   Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash. Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 6:04 pm

Your head looks WAY better than the one in the Joe Report. You obviously took the time to do some good prep on the head. It makes the paint job look a thousand times better. Outstanding job.

You should really consider doing an AT Secret Agent bash. The sidelong glance that only the EE's can do screams "Secret Agent" to me.

Trawl eBay Canada for pieces like THIS

Last edited by Joe90 on Sat May 18, 2013 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sparklebudgie
Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash.   Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash. Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 6:32 pm

Looking forward to seeing this finished Very Happy
Back to top Go down
brownboots
Admin
brownboots

PostSubject: Re: Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash.   Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash. Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 8:31 pm

Sparklebudgie wrote:
Looking forward to seeing this finished Very Happy
So will I Very Happy
Back to top Go down
brownboots
Admin
brownboots

PostSubject: Re: Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash.   Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash. Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 8:55 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Your head looks WAY better than the one in the Joe Report. You obviously took the time to do some good prep on the head. It makes the paint job look a thousand times better. Outstanding job.

You should really consider doing an AT Secret Agent bash. The sidelong glance that only the EE's can do screams "Secret Agent" to me.

Trawl eBay Canada for pieces like THIS

One of the bashes I think I'll post should really have an AT logo on, good shout!! Photoshop methinks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash.   Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash. Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:53 pm

Yeppers you do great work! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash.   Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 11:06 pm

That's very unique, I like it Smile

Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash.   Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 9:35 am

I love this head Smile

What paint did you use for the face ?????

Or did you just clean the face up ?????

Fantastic finish it looks factory made and i think Doug is right a Secret Agent would be the tops Smile

I do have a green beret outfit for sale though if you want to wind Steve (SKJ) up tongue

Did he ever tell you that the green beret was his very 1st..............................affraid

lol!

Great stuff
Back to top Go down
brownboots
Admin
brownboots

PostSubject: Re: Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash.   Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 10:41 pm

Danthecoat wrote:
I love this head Smile

What paint did you use for the face ?????

Or did you just clean the face up ?????

Fantastic finish it looks factory made and i think Doug is right a Secret Agent would be the tops Smile

I do have a green beret outfit for sale though if you want to wind Steve (SKJ) up tongue

Did he ever tell you that the green beret was his very 1st..............................affraid

lol!

Great stuff

Thanks Dan! Have a look at this early thread, it has all the info you need.
https://actionmanmobileops.forumotion.co.uk/t1897-ee-red-hair-re-paint-finished-and-black-hair-re-paint-test
I'm going to attempt a painted head EE Man of Asia for Taff soon, I'll take some pics of the process, if anyone would like to see that?
Back to top Go down
ak615
Action Pilot
ak615

Location : Off the shoulder of orion in the dark near the tanhauser gate

PostSubject: Re: Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash.   Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 11:35 am

brownboots wrote:
I'm going to attempt a painted head EE Man of Asia for Taff soon, I'll take some pics of the process, if anyone would like to see that?

Do Kodiak`s defecate in the forest we would bounce

PostSubject: Re: Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash.   Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Painted red haired Eagle Eye kitbash.
Page 1 of 1