ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

July's Interview SPARKLEBUDGIE.

Go down 
+7
Cappy
Sparkys6887
Joe90
BAMComix
Danthecoat
Beatlefan
somekindajoe
11 posters
AuthorMessage
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

July's Interview SPARKLEBUDGIE. Empty
PostSubject: July's Interview SPARKLEBUDGIE.   July's Interview SPARKLEBUDGIE. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 6:35 am

Name ? Brian Gould

Online name ?sparklebudgie. Why? It's an amalgamation of my nickname Budgie and sparkle is what I called my wife when we first met. When we opened an eBay account in June 2003 we needed a username and Sparklebudgie was born.

Location ?Evesham Worcestershire UK.

First vam/joe/mam or 1/6 figure ? Well I never had an Action man of my own, my father couldn't get his head around me wanting to play with "dolls!"
I do have a distant memory of owning a boxed knock off figure, I think it was a Mintex figure, it wasn't good but i guess it was cheap. Luckily one of my best mates had a big garden and a plethora of Vam and vehicles. Many, many happy days were spent recreating battle scenes in the long summer holidays.

Favourite figure now ? Any of my restored Action Men.

Most desired item ? I don't hanker after anything in particular but I do love to find beat up old soldiers that I can restore to there former glory.

What will you do with your collection as you get older ? I have no idea! I guess they will just get passed on to my lads if they still want them.

Do you set yourself a budget ? Not really as I don't spend that much on them. The most expensive Action Man I have bought was the recent Geyperman figures from Hobbycraft. I normally buy up cheap damaged items from Ebay.

Worst vam/joe/mam or 1/6 figure ? Nothing that I really dislike but post 2000 mam can be a bit suspect.

Views on 40th reproductions ? Well I love the uniforms, but the figures leave a lot to be desired in my opinion. The first thing you need to do is replace the neck hook with a longer one to release the tension otherwise it will pull the thigh pins out. As for the 40th Blue Pants, well hmm not good and those eyes!

Worst item of vam/joe/mam or 1/6 range ? Possibly the 40th figure quality.

Best thing about collecting vam/joe/mam or 1/6 figures ? Well for me it's reliving lost childhood. I also have great pleasure telling my Dad how many Action Men I have now!

Do you think your collection will be collectible in the future ? Yes definitely, well Action man will be, but most of mine are restored so won't really have a value.
I also think that MaM will become more collectible as well.

If you did not collect vam/joe/mam or 1/6, what would you collect ? Coins please and maybe old bikes, for restoration of course.

Why do you like ammo ? It reminds me of the old UAMHQ when it was at its best, no probably even better. The balance for all Vam and Mam is great. Looking forward to meeting all of you at the next Action Man day show.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: July's Interview SPARKLEBUDGIE.   July's Interview SPARKLEBUDGIE. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 2:05 pm

Great interview Brian, love the work you do on those figures that everyone else has given up on!

July's Interview SPARKLEBUDGIE. Volgan10
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: July's Interview SPARKLEBUDGIE.   July's Interview SPARKLEBUDGIE. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 2:42 pm

Hey brian great interview you ole flocker Wink

Great to know more about you Smile
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: July's Interview SPARKLEBUDGIE.   July's Interview SPARKLEBUDGIE. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 3:02 pm

great interview Brian !! I love the fact that you are out there restoring falling vam ! I also think you do not realise how good your collection is mate ! you have some stunning pieces in your collection mate cheers 
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: July's Interview SPARKLEBUDGIE.   July's Interview SPARKLEBUDGIE. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 4:11 pm

Your right you know Dal its Brians work that persuaded me to get into flocking and he was dead right there is nothing more satisfying than bringing a man back from the brink ans you all know

I just cant have a man down Smile

And i do love a good Flock no and then Winkrabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit 
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: July's Interview SPARKLEBUDGIE.   July's Interview SPARKLEBUDGIE. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 4:14 pm

lol! lol! lol! 
Back to top Go down
Joe90
Eagle Eyes
Joe90

PostSubject: Re: July's Interview SPARKLEBUDGIE.   July's Interview SPARKLEBUDGIE. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 4:42 pm

Nice one, Brian!
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: July's Interview SPARKLEBUDGIE.   July's Interview SPARKLEBUDGIE. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 5:00 pm

Great interview Brian.
Looking forward to meeting you in person too!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: July's Interview SPARKLEBUDGIE.   July's Interview SPARKLEBUDGIE. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 8:17 pm

Great interview Brian. I agree you have a super collection and I wish I food restore VAM like you do. When you sa restoring bikes do you mean motorbikes? I've restored a fair few British bikes in my time.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
Cappy
Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)
Cappy

PostSubject: Re: July's Interview SPARKLEBUDGIE.   July's Interview SPARKLEBUDGIE. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 8:35 pm

'Brian' is such a nice name.Very Happy
Great interview.

Armoured Car Commander
TALLY HO

PostSubject: Re: July's Interview SPARKLEBUDGIE.   July's Interview SPARKLEBUDGIE. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 4:37 pm

great interview .........
Back to top Go down
Reddragon
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Reddragon

PostSubject: Re: July's Interview SPARKLEBUDGIE.   July's Interview SPARKLEBUDGIE. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 7:10 pm

Cracking interview S.B.

Ddaydawson
Painted Head
Ddaydawson

PostSubject: Re: July's Interview SPARKLEBUDGIE.   July's Interview SPARKLEBUDGIE. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 1:08 am

Great Interview Brian. I Love your restorations, you do some nice work on them to get them back to their former glory. I totally agree with you about AMMO been like unamhq only better, I missed the old UNAMHQ when it shut down and I am stoked about chance to find and join AMMO. Loved the interview it was agreat read.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: July's Interview SPARKLEBUDGIE.   July's Interview SPARKLEBUDGIE. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 2:04 am

Nice insight Brian, excellent read mate

Sir Sid
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: July's Interview SPARKLEBUDGIE.   July's Interview SPARKLEBUDGIE. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 5:55 pm

Great read Brian! Smile 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: July's Interview SPARKLEBUDGIE.   July's Interview SPARKLEBUDGIE. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

July's Interview SPARKLEBUDGIE.
Page 1 of 1