ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to keep the frogmen suits intact.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lumarshall
New Recruit
lumarshall

How to keep the frogmen suits intact. Empty
PostSubject: How to keep the frogmen suits intact.   How to keep the frogmen suits intact. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 10:42 pm

As most of you who know me can confirm that I am a huge fan of the frogman sets. Unfortunately they are one of the most likely sets to crumble and deteriorate over the years especially if not looked after.

This is a photo of my frogmen taken about 8 months ago.
How to keep the frogmen suits intact. 1385805_698134536882065_712692572_n

This is one taken tonight.
How to keep the frogmen suits intact. 1266578_698219470206905_366758198_o

As you can see the suits still look in very good condition. Though the 40th GI JOE one at the front is an exceptional set to have as the rubber is so much better than the ones we have here.

To help preserve these suits I do the following
1. I always keep them out of sunlight
2.I almost always have a glass of water placed next to them to help keep the air moist. Some people will tell you that the best thing to do is to keep them in an air tight box. Don't as the rubber will dry up very quickly and become brittle
3. I always treat them with 3 in 1 silicone lubricant as shown below.
How to keep the frogmen suits intact. 564393_698220700206782_1620329823_n

This lubricant helps keep the rubber soft and helps maintain its life span. Apparently these suits will go hard and brittle over time but all the suits except the GI Joe one are vintage. When applying it. I usually treat them once a month. Always take off anything that is elastic such as; the mask and air tanks as the lubricant does for some reason stretch it.
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: How to keep the frogmen suits intact.   How to keep the frogmen suits intact. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 1:15 am

Some people have claimed that silicone sprays have ruined there wetsuits in time...
Never tried it myself so don't know...

Let us know in the future how your wetsuits are holding up...

I put talc powder inside mine but I'm afraid to put anything else on them...
I too really like the 40th wetsuit which is very nicely made... Smile
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: How to keep the frogmen suits intact.   How to keep the frogmen suits intact. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 10:58 am

Great thread Phil Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to keep the frogmen suits intact.   How to keep the frogmen suits intact. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to keep the frogmen suits intact.
Page 1 of 1