ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How do you remove felt tip from your VAM

Go down 
+2
Joe90
Hawkeye
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hawkeye
Australian Jungle Fighter
Hawkeye

How do you remove felt tip from your VAM  Empty
PostSubject: How do you remove felt tip from your VAM    How do you remove felt tip from your VAM  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 8:22 pm

Can anyone help me to find some way of removing red felt tip from the face of my VAM  cherry 
Thanks Ian
Back to top Go down
Joe90
Eagle Eyes
Joe90

PostSubject: Re: How do you remove felt tip from your VAM    How do you remove felt tip from your VAM  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 8:37 pm

I've used this product: RemoveZit and it works.

Some of the guys here and at the UAMHQ use Clearasil or wart remover.  One works on black/blue really well, the other on red marker.

Some of them will chime in on this thread, I'm sure, to add to my suggestion.

EDIT
This is why I maintain that the UAMHQ is one of the best Action Man Sites on the Internet -- the knowledge base is there. if you read something on one of the Action Man sites it usually is from a poster who read an old thread at the UAMHQ.

LUI on Removing Ink Stains From VAM Heads
Back to top Go down
Sparklebudgie
Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: How do you remove felt tip from your VAM    How do you remove felt tip from your VAM  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 9:01 pm

Have a look at one of my old threads

http://actionmanhq.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=21547&page=1&pp=

Before;

How do you remove felt tip from your VAM  P1270043

And after the gel and a little flock repair;
How do you remove felt tip from your VAM  P1270253
I love these old faces, full of character.

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: How do you remove felt tip from your VAM    How do you remove felt tip from your VAM  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 8:12 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I've used this product: RemoveZit and it works.

Some of the guys here and at the UAMHQ use Clearasil or wart remover.  One works on black/blue really well, the other on red marker.

Some of them will chime in on this thread, I'm sure, to add to my suggestion.

EDIT
This is why I maintain that the UAMHQ is one of the best Action Man Sites on the Internet -- the knowledge base is there.  if you read something on one of the Action Man sites it usually is from a poster who read an old thread at the UAMHQ.

LUI on Removing Ink Stains From VAM Heads

Thank you Joe90 for this tip I will try the clearasil as I know i can get hold of that here, not sure about the RemoveZit iff we have that over here but I will try some acne treatments if the clearasil or wart remover dont work hope he doesn't end up like this smiley  What a Face 
Cheers Ian
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: How do you remove felt tip from your VAM    How do you remove felt tip from your VAM  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 8:28 pm

Sparklebudgie wrote:
Have a look at one of my old threads

http://actionmanhq.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=21547&page=1&pp=

Before;

How do you remove felt tip from your VAM  P1270043

And after the gel and a little flock repair;
How do you remove felt tip from your VAM  P1270253
I love these old faces, full of character.

Cheers Sparklebudgie can you tell me what cream you used for this job looks like you had good results, I noticed you put some cream in the eyes did that remove the eye paint at all?  cheers 
Thanks Ian
Back to top Go down
Sparklebudgie
Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: How do you remove felt tip from your VAM    How do you remove felt tip from your VAM  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 3:09 am

I used Panoxyl 10 aquagel, not sure if it is still available.
Do not put it in or on the eyes, I do say later in that old thread it was a mistake!  What a Face 

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: How do you remove felt tip from your VAM    How do you remove felt tip from your VAM  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 2:12 pm

Sparklebudgie wrote:
I used Panoxyl 10 aquagel, not sure if it is still available.
Do not put it in or on the eyes, I do say later in that old thread it was a mistake!  What a Face 

Cheers Brian
Thanks for the info I will give it a go. Only trouble we have no sun here at moment is this important to leave in the sun and how long do I leave it on for  cheers 
Ian
Back to top Go down
Sparklebudgie
Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: How do you remove felt tip from your VAM    How do you remove felt tip from your VAM  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 3:46 pm

Just daylight will do, the direct sunlight seemed to accelerate the process.

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: How do you remove felt tip from your VAM    How do you remove felt tip from your VAM  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 7:39 pm

Sparklebudgie wrote:
Just daylight will do, the direct sunlight seemed to accelerate the process.

Cheers Brian, the only thing I could get hold of today was some Clearasil ultra rapid action pads these are like wet wipes but with some clensing fluid on em, they took the red felt tip off the body but hardly touched the painted hard head or the flocked painted eyes soft head im going into town tomorrow so will look for some penoxyl 10 aquagel, but still trying  lol! 
Thanks Ian
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: How do you remove felt tip from your VAM    How do you remove felt tip from your VAM  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 11:17 pm

I've read somewhere ( a few years back ) on a certain "Barbie doll" forum ( I've definitely got my alibi lol! ) that a certain lamp can be used to simulate the sun effect for overnight/rainy day felt pen cleansing. ***Special eye protection may have to be worn when near the lamp***   Wink

This method can also be used on elastic chin strap stains. The doll's head/body was wrapped in silver baking foil to protect it from the light, only the affected area must be left uncovered.

If you do a G-o-o-g-l-e search, you might come across it, it's quite hard to find. I used to have it in my favourites a few years back.

Great restoration work, Brian!  cheers cheers cheers

Last edited by clivvers on Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: How do you remove felt tip from your VAM    How do you remove felt tip from your VAM  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 7:20 pm

clivvers wrote:
I've read somewhere ( a few years back ) on a certain "Barbie doll" forum ( I've definitely got my alibi lol! ) that a certain lamp can be use to simulate the sun effect for overnight/rainy day felt pen cleansing. ***Special eye protection may have to be worn when near the lamp***   Wink

This method can also be used on elastic chin strap stains. The doll's head/body was wrapped in silver baking foil to protect it from the light, only the affected area must be left uncovered.

If you do a G-o-o-g-l-e search, you might come across it, it's quite hard to find. I used to have it in my favourites a few years back.

Great restoration work, Brian!  cheers cheers cheers

thanks clive, well I've had a go with my latest purchase today and the acne cream hasn't done anything yet maybe I didn't leave it on long enough plus it was left in the sun behind double glazed window so maybe this was the problem, but wont give up I will try again until I get it right  cheers 
Ian
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: How do you remove felt tip from your VAM    How do you remove felt tip from your VAM  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 7:29 pm

Well Guys I have tried the acne cream method leaving my painted ssoft head in the sun on my window sill behind our double glazed front window he was left here for 4 hours then I wiped the cream off and washed the head but not the slightest bit of a change, Did I take the cream off too early? how long should I leave it on for? Plllleeeeaaassssee help  confused 
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: How do you remove felt tip from your VAM    How do you remove felt tip from your VAM  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 7:33 pm

I'm sure it's got to be left on for at least a week in quite strong sunlight (The longer the better) Don't forget to cover the other parts of the body to protect it from sun fading.

Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: How do you remove felt tip from your VAM    How do you remove felt tip from your VAM  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 7:49 pm

clivvers wrote:
I'm sure it's got to be left on for at least a week in quite strong sunlight (The longer the better) Don't forget to cover the other parts of the body to protect it from sun fading.

Thanks Clive
Well no wonder it didn't flippin work  lol! I was worried I had left it on too long and that it may take the hair or eye paint off  Embarassed well iff at first you don't succeed try doing it properly  cheers by the way my cat also kept trying to lick the cream off  Razz cat don't think it would have done her any good  What a Face lol! 
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: How do you remove felt tip from your VAM    How do you remove felt tip from your VAM  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 8:34 pm

Well I'm trying again I have 3 felt tipped faces all covered in acne cream on a makeshift ledge in my attic window, this time they stay there until next saturday and see what happens  bounce hopefully the cat doesn't get to em before next weekend  lol!
By the way i'm using Differin Gel 0.1% adopalene for the tropical treatment of acne  Question Neutral 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you remove felt tip from your VAM    How do you remove felt tip from your VAM  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 12:06 am

On my Blue Marks i used Acme cream ,,With OXY SOMETHING iNGERIDENT..And Sun Light.. When at
Home and after..... Dark place the Head under a Desk lamp after fresh application Acme Cream and replace the Light Bulb with a Black Light which gives off Ultra-Violet Light as well as Heat!!! which in theory is how the chemicals react and cause the Bleaching affect.

In the morging apply fresh application and leave it the Sun light.. From the photo i say take about 2-3 weeks if you use the Acme Cream Technque,

G-Force
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: How do you remove felt tip from your VAM    How do you remove felt tip from your VAM  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 7:47 pm

gforce wrote:
On my Blue Marks i used Acme cream ,,With OXY SOMETHING iNGERIDENT..And Sun Light.. When at
Home and after..... Dark        place the Head under a Desk lamp after fresh application Acme Cream and replace the Light Bulb with a Black Light which gives off Ultra-Violet Light as well as Heat!!! which in theory is how the chemicals react and cause the Bleaching affect.

In the morging apply fresh application and leave it the Sun light.. From the photo i say take about 2-3 weeks if you use the Acme Cream Technque,

G-Force

Thanks for the tip G-Force I have been trying to remove red felt tip from faces but havn't yet been successful I have just found a new product called Quinoderm which contains Benzoyl Peroxide so hopefully these were the missing ingredients I have been looking for  cheers Ian
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: How do you remove felt tip from your VAM    How do you remove felt tip from your VAM  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 7:59 pm

How do you remove felt tip from your VAM  Feltpen005_zps10f81cfe

Well I have totally failed at the pen removal after 2 weeks in the window covered in clearasil not a little bit of a difference as you can see  Sad  so I have found another cream called Quinoderm so lets see iff this works

How do you remove felt tip from your VAM  Feltpen002_zps55c983de

This cream unlike the clearasil has Benzoyl peroxide and potassium hydroxyquinoline sulphate as main ingredients so fingers crossed this one works  cheers Ian
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: How do you remove felt tip from your VAM    How do you remove felt tip from your VAM  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 8:12 pm

Fingers crossed my friend,  Very Happy 

I use sometimes swipes which removes paint and silicone, or even nail varnish remover  Shocked Very Happy 

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: How do you remove felt tip from your VAM    How do you remove felt tip from your VAM  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 12:50 am

My fingers are crossed for you Hawkeye...

Here's a product that's used here in the states to remove ink stains, etc...

http://www.twinpines.com/remove-zit

---------------------------------------

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: How do you remove felt tip from your VAM    How do you remove felt tip from your VAM  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 7:50 pm

Wolf_Soldier64 wrote:
Fingers crossed my friend,  Very Happy 

I use sometimes swipes which removes paint and silicone,  or even nail varnish remover  Shocked Very Happy 

Thank for that I 've had my fingers crossed for weeks now, I remember what my mum used to say when I would pull a face, "you'll stay like that" well I think my fingers are going to end up staying crossed lol
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: How do you remove felt tip from your VAM    How do you remove felt tip from your VAM  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 7:54 pm

inntruderr61 wrote:
My fingers are crossed for you Hawkeye...

Here's a product that's used here in the states to remove ink stains, etc...

http://www.twinpines.com/remove-zit

---------------------------------------

Cheers Jim I've heard of this remove Zit I will keep up with the Brit products before I send off for anything else but will keep this in mind  cherry Cheers Ian
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: How do you remove felt tip from your VAM    How do you remove felt tip from your VAM  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 7:36 pm

How do you remove felt tip from your VAM  Penface007_zps1fd0bc17

How do you remove felt tip from your VAM  Penface006_zps92e6abda

How do you remove felt tip from your VAM  Penface005_zpsb7d5b394

Well I have finally been quite sucessful with the pen removal from my red painted soft head only trouble is he seems to have got a sun tan from the treatment lol
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: How do you remove felt tip from your VAM    How do you remove felt tip from your VAM  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 9:50 pm

Ian well done looks good, some of the old always looks pale, your looks nice and healthy  Very Happy 

PostSubject: Re: How do you remove felt tip from your VAM    How do you remove felt tip from your VAM  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 10:02 pm

he looks great
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you remove felt tip from your VAM    How do you remove felt tip from your VAM  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you remove felt tip from your VAM
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next