ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Remove residue from stuck on rank stripes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

Remove residue from stuck on rank stripes Empty
PostSubject: Remove residue from stuck on rank stripes   Remove residue from stuck on rank stripes Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2022 5:32 am

I've got a battledress jacket (Dragon) that's had some stick on Corporal (or whatever) stripes applied then removed ( neither by me ! ) I'm wondering if anyone's got good tips to remove the residue, it's a white maybe slightly powdery looking stuff, it's gone into the weave to a degree, It wouldn't go with warm water, just reappeared when it dried, so looking for ideas that won't leave worse staining !
I'm not sure what type stick on insignia were used as they'd gone before I got the uniform, tho I imagine most use similar stuff...
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Remove residue from stuck on rank stripes   Remove residue from stuck on rank stripes Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2022 11:25 pm

Warm water won't do it , it needs to be as hot as your hands can bear , and you need to gently scrape and manipulate where the glue is , I have removed old glue this way , but as you say it depends what glue was used , as it hasn`t worked on everything in the past for me . Perhaps some white spirit or nail varnish remover ? If all fails maybe get some new insignia and cover the old glue marks with them , there is loads of 1/6th patches on the net . Please note these are only suggestions , I not tried using white spirit or the nail varnish remover methods . I hope something works .

Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Remove residue from stuck on rank stripes   Remove residue from stuck on rank stripes Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2022 6:03 am

Thanks for that, the water wasn't that hot so i'll try hotter, failing that I'll try the chemical route, incidentally I've found Petrol to be good at removing assorted stuff in the past so might be another poss Shocked
I'd rather not have insignia at all if poss as it's a bit 'limiting' but as a last resort....
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Remove residue from stuck on rank stripes   Remove residue from stuck on rank stripes Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2022 2:00 am

I agree , insignia can be limiting .

PostSubject: Re: Remove residue from stuck on rank stripes   Remove residue from stuck on rank stripes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remove residue from stuck on rank stripes
Page 1 of 1