ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What metal to use to replace rifle strap hoops

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fonnezz
Flock Head (Hard Hands)
Fonnezz

What metal to use to replace rifle strap hoops Empty
PostSubject: What metal to use to replace rifle strap hoops   What metal to use to replace rifle strap hoops Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 10:57 pm

Any suggestion on what to use as a replacement metal for the hoops that hold the elastic to rifle/machine guns.

Thought paper clips but too thick!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: What metal to use to replace rifle strap hoops   What metal to use to replace rifle strap hoops Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 12:51 am

Hi Mate.

I was thinking of taking a trip to the local bead/jewelry shop to see if they sell little split rings also need some for Russian grenades.

I've tried the single stand electrical wire but it's to fiddly for my hands as my left hand is mostly paralysed but it might be worth a go.
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
ghost recon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: What metal to use to replace rifle strap hoops   What metal to use to replace rifle strap hoops Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 1:14 am

You can get replacement split rings in most material shops in various colours .

PostSubject: Re: What metal to use to replace rifle strap hoops   What metal to use to replace rifle strap hoops Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 7:42 am

A sure bet is the the wood ships department in a model shop, they have everything in brass!
Back to top Go down
Fonnezz
Flock Head (Hard Hands)
Fonnezz

PostSubject: Re: What metal to use to replace rifle strap hoops   What metal to use to replace rifle strap hoops Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 10:35 am

Just found some on ebay that are 5mm but worried these may be too big? Thoughts please?

Gone with 4mm bronze, will let you know how i get on.
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: What metal to use to replace rifle strap hoops   What metal to use to replace rifle strap hoops Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 12:44 pm

I use the springs from everyday pens (last two/3 hoops) & chain links from jewellery ( some of my custom vam weapons have 9ct gold in them lol!) It's fiddly.
Eye protection must be worn when cutting through the springs.

Here's a taste of a vam weapon which I brought back into service again, I used home made hoops...

https://actionmanmobileops.forumotion.co.uk/t1145-arctic-patrol-custom-new-pics

ak615
Action Pilot
ak615

Location : Off the shoulder of orion in the dark near the tanhauser gate

PostSubject: Re: What metal to use to replace rifle strap hoops   What metal to use to replace rifle strap hoops Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 12:53 pm

Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: What metal to use to replace rifle strap hoops   What metal to use to replace rifle strap hoops Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 1:25 pm

Which size Andy??
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What metal to use to replace rifle strap hoops   What metal to use to replace rifle strap hoops Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What metal to use to replace rifle strap hoops
Page 1 of 1