ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rifle Straps

Go down 
+3
pachwerk
BAMComix
Captian action
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Rifle Straps Empty
PostSubject: Rifle Straps   Rifle Straps Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 5:10 pm

Hi folks - a quick tip on rifle straps.

Tools and supplies. Small drill (Dremmel 0.8mm perfect) some antique brass rings and black eye pins (Hobbycraft) superglue, elastic, cotton, thread and a pair of locking forceps comes in handy. File off the remains of the broken plastic hoops, drill a hole where you want the new hoop, cut the shank of an eyepin to fit the depth of the hole and glue in. Open and bend shut the brass ring into the new eye and fit the new elastic - forceps locked onto the elastic to hold it together works well if you have sausage fingers like me while you pop a couple of stitches in. You can get buckles from doll suppliers if you want adjustment. Clean and tidy/strong repair....... hope you find it useful .... Dave

Rifle Straps DSC_0203

Rifle Straps DSC_0204

Rifle Straps DSC_0079

Rifle Straps DSC_0084

Rifle Straps DSC_0208
Back to top Go down
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

Rifle Straps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rifle Straps   Rifle Straps Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 5:43 pm

Great tip thanks for sharing cheers

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenRifle Straps G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Rifle Straps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rifle Straps   Rifle Straps Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 6:14 pm

Most impressive !
Back to top Go down

Rifle Straps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rifle Straps   Rifle Straps Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 6:17 pm

great fix
Back to top Go down
pachwerk
Flock Head (Hard Hands)
pachwerk

Rifle Straps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rifle Straps   Rifle Straps Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 7:08 pm

SWEET!
Back to top Go down
TALLY HO
Armoured Car Commander
TALLY HO

Rifle Straps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rifle Straps   Rifle Straps Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 8:21 pm

thanks , great tips
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

Rifle Straps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rifle Straps   Rifle Straps Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 1:33 am

Expertly done! cheers

You can use heat from a hairdryer on warped AM weapons and other plastic items, then they can be gently straightend and held under running cold water to keep their new shape.

TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

Rifle Straps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rifle Straps   Rifle Straps Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 6:51 pm

...very nice work, I love this kind of fixing up! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

Rifle Straps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rifle Straps   Rifle Straps Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2020 12:28 am

Fantastic repair tip. I've just restored the barrel on an SLR and this is the answer to the broken off nibs of the thin plastic type. What size jump rings and belt straps did you use? Thank you. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
Sponsored content

Rifle Straps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rifle Straps   Rifle Straps Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rifle Straps
Page 1 of 1