ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Homemade Roman Armour

Go down 
+6
Rossini
BAMComix
inntruderr61
Wolf_Soldier64
Captian action
Hawkeye
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hawkeye
Australian Jungle Fighter
Hawkeye

Homemade Roman Armour  Empty
PostSubject: Homemade Roman Armour    Homemade Roman Armour  Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 8:13 pm

Homemade Roman Armour  Roman014_zps3aed30fb

This is the latest pieces of Roman Armour my son James has made

Homemade Roman Armour  Roman008_zps9a250a48

Helmet , Greeves and back of breastplate are the recent addition to this kit

Homemade Roman Armour  Roman007_zps9f6edad2

Side view of helmet, this still needs the horsehair crest,we are still adding to this, what do you all think?
Back to top Go down
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Roman Armour    Homemade Roman Armour  Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 8:18 pm

looks good so far mate !

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenHomemade Roman Armour  G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Roman Armour    Homemade Roman Armour  Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 8:23 pm

Captian action wrote:
looks good so far mate !

Cheers mate glad you like it, this armour is fresh out of the oven literally lol it has to be cooked to set the compound, then its all painted to bring out the bronze effect sunny 
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Roman Armour    Homemade Roman Armour  Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 11:10 pm

Coming along superb Ian, great job well done  Very Happy 

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Roman Armour    Homemade Roman Armour  Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 1:58 am

Wow! Very nice job!  cheers 

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Roman Armour    Homemade Roman Armour  Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 7:59 am

Cheers guys glad your all liking this. James has done a great job for sure  Basketball 
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Roman Armour    Homemade Roman Armour  Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 10:38 am

great bit of bashing Ian !, top work  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Roman Armour    Homemade Roman Armour  Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 11:05 am

Cheers mate it is getting there but still a bit to do yet cheers 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Roman Armour    Homemade Roman Armour  Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 7:34 pm

That's great Hawkeye! What type of compound did you use?
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Roman Armour    Homemade Roman Armour  Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 8:54 pm

ActionJon wrote:
That's great Hawkeye!  What type of compound did you use?

Hi Action Jon
The compound we use we got from a local art supply shop. Its made by a company called Staedtler from Germany its a modeling clay that hardens in the oven into a plastic. It is called FIMO EFFECT andthe one we use is translucent in colour and for 56g (2oz) it costs £2-50 so nice and cheap. This is then painted with acrylic paints mixed and blended with a coat of clear .modeling varnish
You can go to www.staedtler.com info@ staedtler.com
Hope this helps you cheers Ian
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Roman Armour    Homemade Roman Armour  Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 9:12 pm

That does Help Ian, Thanks! I have seen the product before but thought it was some sort of air dry clay. In the past I have used sculpey, but was not terribly impressed.
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Roman Armour    Homemade Roman Armour  Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 9:27 pm

ActionJon wrote:
That does Help Ian, Thanks!  I have seen the product before but thought it was some sort of air dry clay. In the past I have used sculpey, but was not terribly impressed.  

Yes this is pretty good stuff because it stays a bit flexible after it has set and only needs about 25 minute in the oven on about 110 degree but you will need to experiment  scratch 
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Roman Armour    Homemade Roman Armour  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 2:04 pm

Homemade Roman Armour  Romanhelmet002_zps92c307b9

Here's the latest bits we've added to him James has painstakingly sorted the horsehair crest to his helmet and I've hand stiched his real leather tunic (has anyone tried to sew leather my finger ends were numb at the endlol)

Homemade Roman Armour  Romanhelmet014_zpsb348943d

He's still missing a few items but getting there  Wink 
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Roman Armour    Homemade Roman Armour  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 12:07 pm

Homemade Roman Armour  Shield006_zpsbbd654f7

Here's the latest additions, the new wrist protectors and the shield with two different boss designs what do you all think any preference for the shield boss?
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Roman Armour    Homemade Roman Armour  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 12:17 pm

He is really coming along now mate, top work indeed  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Roman Armour    Homemade Roman Armour  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 2:24 pm

Cheers Dal what do you think of the javlin James has just made this is hot from his forge lol

Homemade Roman Armour  Spear005_zps1ae8e92f
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Roman Armour    Homemade Roman Armour  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 2:31 pm

It looks fab mate, all he needs now is some sandels. I seem to remember seeing some sandels made from space ranger boots, with bits cut out and cut down, looked good too  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Rossini
Red Devil
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Roman Armour    Homemade Roman Armour  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 5:10 pm

Can't believe I missed this thread! This is great Ian!! I love it!! Dals right there was someone that made sandals using a pair of space boots, it was the ZARGON boots!
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Roman Armour    Homemade Roman Armour  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 10:21 pm

actionman2272 wrote:
It looks fab mate, all he needs now is some sandels. I seem to remember seeing some sandels made from space ranger boots, with bits cut out and cut down, looked good too  cheers 

Cheers Dal yes we are looking into making some sandels and good idea on the space ranger boots, but we will see iffJames can make some first, we like the challenge  Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Roman Armour    Homemade Roman Armour  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 10:28 pm

Rossini wrote:
Can't believe I missed this thread! This is great Ian!! I love it!! Dals right there was someone that made sandals using a pair of space boots, it was the ZARGON boots!

Thanks Ross glad you found the thread and liked what we've done, James is great with stuff like this he keeps amazing me on making stuff I ask him to do  Very Happy  wait until I put the gladius and shieth he has just made its brilliant
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Roman Armour    Homemade Roman Armour  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 8:56 pm

Homemade Roman Armour  Gladius008_zps58d7bb8c

Here's the Gladius and shieth up to now, He's nearly ready to invade Britain again  lol! 

Homemade Roman Armour  Gladius005_zpsee239062

Gladius at the ready  Twisted Evil 

Homemade Roman Armour  Editedbackground_zpsf186cf71

Our Roman invades Eboracum (York) streets
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Roman Armour    Homemade Roman Armour  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 9:04 pm

Ian well done, Now that is awesome well done superb photos, outstanding kitbash  Very Happy 

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Roman Armour    Homemade Roman Armour  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 11:40 pm

Awesome scratch built figure set!!!

Brian
 cheers cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Roman Armour    Homemade Roman Armour  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 1:22 am

Wow Ian that is fabulous. Your son James is one clever chap..
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Roman Armour    Homemade Roman Armour  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 8:35 pm

Wolf_Soldier64 wrote:
Ian well done, Now that is awesome well done superb photos, outstanding kitbash  Very Happy 

Cheers Mark mate glad you like what we've done, James is a special effects artist has worked on some small Horror films and music vids but he's great at this kind of thing, he can put his hand at anything like this cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Roman Armour    Homemade Roman Armour  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Homemade Roman Armour
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next