ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Summer vacation finds

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

Summer vacation finds Empty
PostSubject: Summer vacation finds   Summer vacation finds Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 5:48 pm

Every summer, the missus and I like to go up to the NH/ME seacoast at least once. There are several antique stores in the area; indeed so many along Old Route 1 from Kennebunkport to the MA border that I refer to it as "Antique Alley". One of my better Joe finds was at a nice one in York, ME several years back. We saw a battered Joe there in the winter, and wondered if he was still there. He was; and had company!

Summer vacation finds Maine8_zps8b482855

He's dressed as an Action Soldier; but most redheads tended to be either Marines or Sailors.

Summer vacation finds Maine5_zpsb773b1c7

The hairline is a bit scuffed:

Summer vacation finds Maine7_zpsaf774906

He's also got cracked knees:

Summer vacation finds Maine4_zpsa3620a84

And some Crayola wounds:

Summer vacation finds Maine3_zpsffa75ad9

The uniform was definitely used in some backyard adventures!

Summer vacation finds Maine6_zpsefeb89d6

Since he's a redhead, I put him in some cammies. They're a beat-up set of Land Adventurer ones. Along with these scuffed boots and worn webbing, he looks like a veteran Marine. I might put some nicer threads on him; but this is how he'll appear for the moment. I might make him my Jeep driver to put less stress on the knees.

Summer vacation finds Maine2_zps78dc297c
Summer vacation finds Maine1_zpsd27397d5

This Joe wasn't the only 12" Military figure from 1964 in the antique store. On the shelf below was this:
Summer vacation finds Ken3_zps53b3db4e
Summer vacation finds Ken2_zpseec6fdc4
Summer vacation finds Ken1_zpsda53666f

The box was dated 1964; Ken's adventures are probably Mattel's attempt to make a few sales on Joe's popularity. The blue cap indicated this was Air Force Ken. Since the Action Pilot either came in a flightsuit or Dress uniform; this class B or Walking out uniform might have also been a way to find a niche. Not sure why it came with white shoes; the illustration has the proper black shoes of the period uniform. The funny thing is that the stripes look less like actual Air Force NCO rank, and more like British Corporal stripes. This is probably due to the Mattel R+D staff not being as informed as those at Hasbro.

-Nate
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Summer vacation finds   Summer vacation finds Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 6:48 pm

a great new addition Nate! top work indeed!

Also a very interesting looking chap you found, never seen one before
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Summer vacation finds   Summer vacation finds Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 10:34 pm

great pick ups ken looks good
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Summer vacation finds   Summer vacation finds Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 6:14 pm

Giving him some wheels:

Summer vacation finds Jeep1_zps959c5bce
Summer vacation finds Jeep2_zpsf486ecb6
Summer vacation finds Jeep3_zps0e9f1dc3

-Nate
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: Summer vacation finds   Summer vacation finds Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 6:17 pm

Very nice vehicle Nate, superb photos as always great up load  Very Happy 

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Summer vacation finds   Summer vacation finds Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 6:22 pm

He really suits that jeep nate!, fantastic mate  cheers 
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Summer vacation finds   Summer vacation finds Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 4:30 pm

Cool!

I've had worse knee stress cracks than that on one of my Joes, all now fixed up perfectly  Wink 

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Summer vacation finds   Summer vacation finds Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Summer vacation finds
Page 1 of 1