ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show

Go down 
+3
BAMComix
Captian action
Glidah Drivah
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show Empty
PostSubject: Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show   Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 10:52 pm

There's a small Toy/Comics show that is held a few times a year. Some of the local collector club guys have had success there; so the missus and I popped in for a bit. The selection was varied. About 60-40 split between  toys and comics, respectively. Modern and vintage 1/6 was available. In terms of vintage, there was some Marx, Kenner Six-Million-Dollar Man (a signed boxed Oscar Goldman was the highlight) and Star Wars, and one guy selling vintage Joes. (He was also selling Kenner Star Wars items). I've been looking for an AA fig for some time; and managed to score an AA Land Adventurer as well as a 2006 Wal-Mart Land Adventurer.

The AA Adventurer as I found him:

Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show AA2_zpsb41e2313

The modern fig:

Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show AA4_zpsc118aebd
Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show AA3_zps25739b43

A few curious things about this fig. His hands look more like Cotswold KFGs rather than the Kung-Pow version:

Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show AA6_zps92bfe7ef

The patrol cap looks like a Marx version; and the pistol in the shoulder holster is not what you would expect:

Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show AA7_zpsdeef1af2

The shoulder holster and rifle went to finish my other Land Adventurer:

Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show AA8_zpse8cc99dd

While the modern Adventurer's boots went to the Vintage AA fig:

Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show AA9_zpsc6eff26f
Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show AA11_zpsa3acc0a7

Not a bad day overall!

-Nate
Back to top Go down
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show   Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 11:53 pm

i don't know why but the 2006 walmart land adventurer did come with the luger but never had a hat in the set

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenFinds at a local Toy/Comic Show G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show   Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 2:00 pm

superb additions Nate!! they both look in superb shape mate! well done bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show   Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 2:12 pm

Captian action wrote:
i don't know why but the 2006 walmart land adventurer did come with the luger but never had a hat in the set

Thanks for the info!  Maybe they thought the Luger looked cooler than the Lebel.The cap is an old Marx one. I'm thinking the seller just tossed it in to get rid of a KO piece. I'll put it to use somewhere.

-Nate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show   Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 10:52 pm

great pick ups
Back to top Go down
Bond007ca
Eagle Eyes
Bond007ca

PostSubject: Re: Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show   Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 12:46 am

Nice work!!.

I wish that the flock that came with these re issues were as perfect as the original ones Smile

Mine always seemed to fall off with a little wear

Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show Bond0010
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show   Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 1:57 am

Bond007ca wrote:
Nice work!!.

I wish that the flock that came with these re issues were as perfect as the original ones Smile

The flocking is pretty underpar. I think most collectors either use them for parts, or have the reflocked.

-Nate
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show   Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 4:00 am

Glidah Drivah wrote:
Bond007ca wrote:
Nice work!!.

The flocking is pretty underpar. I think most collectors either use them for parts,  or have the reflocked.

-Nate

That's putting it kindly. I remember when I finally found these in our local Walmart. Got there at a good time as there were boxes of them. I was able to carefully examine a few before buying them and was more than a little disappointed at the flock work. Not just the fact that the flocking rubs off if you look at them too closely, but it was put on so poorly on some of them, If I hadn't had a chance to look them over I would have been very unhappy.

On the bright side, the flocking comes off very easily for a quality reflock from Flocktastic. afro

Brian
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show   Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 3:33 pm

Decided to put the Wal-Mart Joe to good use; especially his KFGs.

Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show SEAL1_zpsfe0e220d
Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show SEAL2_zps736d7584

The boonie hat hides the mediocre flock; and I have a SEAL that can finally grip his M-16!

-Nate
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show   Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 3:43 pm

he looks great Nate! the uni really suits him!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show   Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 9:51 pm

hes looking very smart
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show   Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 4:39 pm

They had another show this past weekend. From the same seller I picked this fellow up.

Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show AA6_zps2656ea04

He definitely needs a reflock!

Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show AA4_zps2ced4609
Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show AA1_zps163d3717

And new KFGs

Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show AA3_zpsb7bb475a

His backpack looks like something that was used to harass pets and little sisters back in the 70s!

Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show AA5_zps5efb0d86

But overall not a bad haul for $20. He'll be a valued member with some TLC!

-Nate
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show   Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 5:13 pm

another quality find nate!, he will look awesome when you have sorted him. Another great AT member cheers
Back to top Go down
thierry
Sabotage
thierry

PostSubject: Re: Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show   Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 7:39 pm

superbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb en excelent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show   Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 2:07 am

Great finds! cheers Enjoyed the pics! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show   Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finds at a local Toy/Comic Show
Page 1 of 1