ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Foraging Photos

Go down 
+6
Professor Gangrene Fan
BAMComix
peterodgers
inntruderr61
clivvers
DrDalek6
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

Foraging Photos Empty
PostSubject: Foraging Photos   Foraging Photos Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 9:41 pm

Hey guys I've been doing a fair bit of foraging recently so I've got plenty of photos to share. First off on Monday had a day free so went down to the Market in the morning and bought some Playmobil unfortunately they only had 2 MAM's which weren't too exciting to me, anyway in the afternoon we went out to a place nearby in the Peak District called Blackamoor. First off we decided to see if any more of the wild raspberries we'd spotted last time were ripe and then we decided to go for a short walk.

Foraging Photos P1080888_zps3f3ef8c3

Then we spotted a really big tree which had fallen across the path, so I got Scott sat down on the tree then had a better idea and posed him so he was climbing the branches and turned round to fetch Jon next thing I hear the noise of him falling out the tree so I thought oh he'll just have fallen off and need reposing, turns out my friend had decided to shake the branches and not spotted him  Rolling Eyes typical

Foraging Photos P1080899_zpse1160566

Foraging Photos P1080901_zps19a1eb9d

Foraging Photos P1080903_zps8409437f
Back to top Go down
DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

Foraging Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foraging Photos   Foraging Photos Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 9:55 pm

There was also a really big ancient almost faiytale style tree

Foraging Photos P1080908_zpsfd1a3779

Anyway as we were walking our old boss phoned my friend and he passed on some sad news, one of our long serving volunteers was killed a few weeks back in a cycling accident and it took them 2 weeks to identify his body. So that rather muted the atmosphere for the rest of the afternoon, I'm not goign to pretend I was best friends with him certainly not compared to some of the other volunteers but, you get friendly with people when you've been going out with them for near two and a half years and he was a really great guy at the heart of the group really active always doing something, baking sutff for the group and giving people portraits he'd painted of them and he was really good to have a disscussion with, it's really sad to lose someone like that particularly under those circumstances when they were only in their 60's  Mad  pale. Anyway I took some photos of the view one with my partially completed Playmobil version of him this is the AM version

Foraging Photos P1080919_zpsccfc1b2e

Foraging Photos P1080927_zps3a6f9563

Anyway when we finally got back to where we started we had about half an hour to do some Bilberry picking the guys were interested to see what we were up to

Foraging Photos P1080868_zpsd8599a6c
Back to top Go down
DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

Foraging Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foraging Photos   Foraging Photos Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 9:58 pm

"Look see this is what we're looking for" apparently they're like wild blueberries

Foraging Photos P1080873_zps647580cd

Foraging Photos P1080876_zps4ce06dc6

The heather's also quite nice looking in flower

Foraging Photos P1080880_zpsfcdc98c1

Foraging Photos P1080884_zps7366f0c9
Back to top Go down
DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

Foraging Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foraging Photos   Foraging Photos Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 10:05 pm

Today I met up with some friends and we did admittedly a rather short walk around Endcliffe Park which conviniently just happens to be about half an hours walk from where I live. Well after we'd all parted company I decided to go back through and take some photos and I'd spottted some spots which looked good for a bit of blackberry picking  

On my way through the park I stopped for a while take some photos of my Playmobil father and son interacting with the ducks (real and Playmobil) and trying to get a shot where the ducks were fairly clear and not blurry in the background (don't think I succeeded on that front never mind) but, I did get some ok shots of the ducklings and a Moor Hen

Foraging Photos P1090005_zps6e984aaa

Foraging Photos P1090001_zpsd546e4f4

Foraging Photos P1080996_zps52889313

I manged to get a really good haul of blackberries I could probably have got more if I'd managed to get further in and if I had a bigger lunchbox  Very Happy  but, I managed to find a couple of really good spots the first one I probably managed to fill mylunchbox half full by venturing through to the back of the shrubbery and I got some really big juicy blackberries as well yum! Now I know another great place for foraging

Foraging Photos P1090010_zpsb7b609f3
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

Foraging Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foraging Photos   Foraging Photos Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 7:35 pm

Nice photos, DD!  cheers cheers cheers Those ducklings look very cute  Very Happy 

Foraging Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foraging Photos   Foraging Photos Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 10:26 pm

nice pics the blackberries look very tempting
Back to top Go down
DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

Foraging Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foraging Photos   Foraging Photos Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 11:06 pm

clivvers wrote:
Nice photos, DD!  cheers cheers cheers  Those ducklings look very cute  Very Happy 

Thanks I certainly did spend quite some time by the lake watching the ducks and trying to get some photos of the very cute ducklings Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

Foraging Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foraging Photos   Foraging Photos Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 11:10 pm

snow white wrote:
nice pics the blackberries look very tempting

Thanks I'll have to post an update of my mixed berries used to make some 'Mini Forager Muffins' which went down veyr well at BTCV and Botanics last week Very Happy even inspired our boss apparently to bake some blackerry cupcakes, yummy home foraged sustenance always appreciated Wink and I might add that I found another good place toforage amongst the hedge at the allotment where I'm working with BTCV they've got some more lovely juicy ones which taste very nice on their own or with a bit of yoghurt yum Surprised
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

Foraging Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foraging Photos   Foraging Photos Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 4:08 am

Great photos! Very Happy

Mine Detection
peterodgers

Foraging Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foraging Photos   Foraging Photos Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 10:46 am

I like it! Can't beat outdoor pictures! Great setting, great poses. Brilliant! Makes me want to get my figures back from storage at my parents and go for a walk...

Admin
BAMComix

Foraging Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foraging Photos   Foraging Photos Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 12:06 pm

Fantastic shots !! very well done indeed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

Foraging Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foraging Photos   Foraging Photos Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 5:42 pm

YAY it's really nice to see your photos again Scott Very Happy Very Happy, it's always good to do a bit foraging outside but even beta when you can take a few Action Men and a camera when your foraging outside Very Happy. Mate you rally take lovely, greenery and fresh outside photos and I just love looking at them all.

Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

Foraging Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foraging Photos   Foraging Photos Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 10:11 pm

inntruderr61 wrote:
Great photos! Very Happy

Thanks mate glad you like them Smile
Back to top Go down
DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

Foraging Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foraging Photos   Foraging Photos Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 10:12 pm

peterodgers wrote:
I like it!  Can't beat outdoor pictures!  Great setting, great poses.  Brilliant!  Makes me want to get my figures back from storage at my parents and go for a walk...

Thanks I'm glad that they make you want to get outside with your little guys Smile
Back to top Go down
DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

Foraging Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foraging Photos   Foraging Photos Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 10:13 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
Fantastic shots !! very well done indeed Very Happy

Thanks mate I'm glad you like them Smile
Back to top Go down
DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

Foraging Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foraging Photos   Foraging Photos Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 10:25 pm

Ackie88 wrote:
YAY it's really nice to see your photos again Scott Very Happy Very Happy, it's always good to do a bit foraging outside but even beta when you can take a few Action Men and a camera when your foraging outside Very Happy. Mate you rally take lovely, greenery and fresh outside photos and I just love looking at them all.  

Thank you very much mate I'm glad you like my photos, you're so right it's great fun to get outside whatever you're doing and foraging is loads of fun particularly if you can do it your friends and your little dudes.

Speaking of which I've got some more recent photos from the past few weeks. To start off with the other week we helped a friend laying some patio slabs so I put Scott out of harms way and left him holding onto the fence next thing I know ...

Foraging Photos PatioWork3082014jpg_zps66000aba

He was doing the limbo Very Happy but, still holding on credit to him he didn't fall off

Foraging Photos Limbo3082014jpg_zps8e1cf82c

Last Sunday we went on a blackberry foraging hunt for a few hours and this was our haul

Foraging Photos P1090126_zps4f3cec11

We passed by a graveyard which we've walked through in the past, some might call it spooky but, personally I like it I think it's really nice atmospheric place

Foraging Photos GraveyardHillsborough792014jpg_zps113d16af

We also managed to collect some elderberries and some apples which should be nice cooked and made into blackberry and apple pies yum! Very Happy

Foraging Photos P1090130_zpsfe66275e

Oh yes and one of my VAM's Peter visited allotment where we're presently working most of the time with BTCV and he decided to watch me making a brew on the old Kelly Kettl and guar dthe biscuits of course Very Happy Wink

Foraging Photos MakingabrewwithBTCVattheAllottment2682014jpg_zps06678111
Back to top Go down
blueboxier
Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

Foraging Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foraging Photos   Foraging Photos Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 2:10 pm

scott does the limbo with a hat on now that's hard core limboing and he still watches that dog , myself I find graveyards very relaxing peaceful places maybe because our gang hut was beside a cemetery and I used to help the grave digger in the days when it was done the old fashioned way

Admin
BAMComix

Foraging Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foraging Photos   Foraging Photos Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 2:24 pm

nice photos Scott bounce
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

Foraging Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foraging Photos   Foraging Photos Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 5:06 pm

Sorry to hear about the volunteer Scott.

Some fabulous photo's there my friend and get to be outside with your chaps Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

Foraging Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foraging Photos   Foraging Photos Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 6:06 pm

Superb Photos Scott well done awesome outside photos enjoyed looking at them Very Happy

Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

Foraging Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foraging Photos   Foraging Photos Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 7:17 pm

blueboxier wrote:
scott does the limbo with a hat on now that's hard core limboing and he still watches that dog , myself I find graveyards very relaxing peaceful places maybe because our gang hut was beside a cemetery and I used to help the grave digger in the days when it was done the old fashioned way

Thanks made me smile about the hard core limobing Very Happy yes I agree I'm not to bothered by graveyards one of my friends who I volunteer with worked as a temp on the cemetries a couple of years ago so he knows a bit about having to dig out a grave by hand occassionally and my supervisor at Botanics spent a bit of time in the Crematorium when he was a young apprentice as well
Back to top Go down
DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

Foraging Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foraging Photos   Foraging Photos Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 7:18 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
nice photos Scott bounce

Thanks mate glad you like them Surprised
Back to top Go down
DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

Foraging Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foraging Photos   Foraging Photos Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 7:21 pm

Sparkys6887 wrote:
Sorry to hear about the volunteer Scott.

Some fabulous photo's there my friend and get to be outside with your chaps Smile

Thank you for your condolences, attended his funeral the other week BTCV took a load of us over to the funeral in Barnsley in the minibus which was much appreciated, the service was a bit over the top for me on the religious side but, over than that it was a very good service, my friend had the good idea to make an oak wreath which I helped with and it was nice to catch up with a lot of people who I haven't seen in a while think it helped lift everyones spirits.

Anyway I'm glad you like the photos as I'm sur eyou can tell I love to be ooutside
Back to top Go down
DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

Foraging Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foraging Photos   Foraging Photos Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 7:22 pm

Wolf_Soldier64 wrote:
Superb Photos Scott well done awesome outside photos enjoyed looking at them Very Happy

Thanks very much ame glad you liked them Surprised
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

Foraging Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foraging Photos   Foraging Photos Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 12:09 pm

Nice photos, DD! cheers

Last edited by clivvers on Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

Foraging Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foraging Photos   Foraging Photos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Foraging Photos
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next