ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both???

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hawkeye
Australian Jungle Fighter
Hawkeye

Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both??? Empty
PostSubject: Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both???   Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both??? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 8:54 pm

I've just got this in a box lot from a mate and it's the main vehicle of the Six Million Dollar 'Mission Control Vehicle' but looking through my VAM reference book I found that Kenner used the same bit as the VAM Space Ranger 'Solar Hurricane'

Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both??? PhilsVAMfeb2015052_zps1a407fb1

Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both??? PhilsVAMfeb2015053_zpsc253e1e1

Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both??? PhilsJunk053_zpse473e0be

This is mine not all together there but a start

Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both??? PhilsJunk019_zpscf7fda10

Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both??? PhilsJunk020_zps7ddec288

Snap lol!

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both???   Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both??? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 10:10 pm

That's interesting... Is Steve carrying the motor in that one photo? lol!

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both???   Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both??? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 10:55 pm

inntruderr61 wrote:

Ha yeah Jim he has it fitted in my other post of my new troops and kit lol!

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both???   Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both??? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 4:14 pm

Here's the VAM Solar Hurricane on the front of Action Man The Real Story 1966-1996 by Kevin King

Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both??? 32a95165-48a3-4188-9714-2acac44c1837_zps70b49a5f

And here's the Steve Austins Mission Control Vehicle complete and with box

Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both??? _57k_zps571901ea

And here's the Action Man Solar Hurricane boxed and poster

Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both??? 2012FN5002_zps3f9a55ee

Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both??? 1981PalitoySpaceRanger_zps2f6418ca

Last edited by Hawkeye on Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both???   Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both??? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 4:17 pm

inntruderr61 wrote:

Yes Jim and here he is with it fitted Twisted Evil Arrow lol!

Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both??? PhilsJunk059_zpsec95e6fc

Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both???   Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both??? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 5:25 pm

Any of your VAM will have plenty of extra room to stretch out!

Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both??? 20150120_103758_zps619fe14f
Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both??? 20150118_101755_zpsf7ffb0ea

When was the Solar Hurricane released? I'm assuming that the Space Ranger Line was late 70s/early 80s, so Kenner probably realized that the Six Million Dollar Man line had run it's course, and sold the molds to Palitoy for some extra cash. Not that they needed it, with the success of the Star Wars line.

-Nate
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both???   Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both??? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 5:29 pm

Steves the man! lol!

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both???   Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both??? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 5:45 pm

It wasn't just the hurricane they used mate, I believe Palitoy brought them out, and so in turn, action man space ranger used smdm boots , gloves and even some helmet designs too
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both???   Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both??? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 6:27 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
It wasn't just the hurricane they used mate, I believe Palitoy brought them out, and so in turn, action man space ranger used smdm boots , gloves and even some helmet designs too

Ironically enough, about a decade later Hasbro bought Kenner! I wish they had bought the rights to the Marx hands back in the 60s; better than the nose pickers!

-Nate
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both???   Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both??? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 6:28 pm

Glidah Drivah wrote:
Blondeactionman wrote:

Ironically enough,  about a decade later Hasbro bought Kenner! I wish they had bought the rights to the Marx hands back in the 60s;  better than the nose pickers!

-Nate

lol! lol! lol! @ Nate, very true Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both???   Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both??? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 8:38 pm

Glidah Drivah wrote:
Any of your VAM will have plenty of extra room to stretch out!

Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both??? 20150120_103758_zps619fe14f
Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both??? 20150118_101755_zpsf7ffb0ea

When was the Solar Hurricane released? I'm assuming that the Space Ranger Line was late 70s/early 80s, so Kenner probably realized that the Six Million Dollar Man line had run it's course, and sold the molds to Palitoy for some extra cash. Not that they needed it, with the success of the Star Wars line.

-Nate

Cheers Nate Yes he's a full head taller lol! thanks for the info it says in the book that it was around between 77 and 84 I presume it was released in 1977 but not sure how accurate the book is Question

Ian

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both???   Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both??? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 8:49 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:

Thanks for that Dal I always wondered why the space ranger boots were so big I didn't ever see much of the SMDM kit mainly remember the red tracksuit and trainers, I was lucky enough to get the blue kit mine is dressed in the picture in when I picked him up in a box lot, I even got some brown shoes with him that I think are part of the blue suit Question

Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both???   Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both??? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 11:30 pm

Star Wars (and thus the Kenner figures) came out in 1977; so that makes sense. The brown shoes might also be for Oscar Goldman. Maskatron came with black shoes,  I believe.

-Nate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both???   Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 11:08 am

Back to top Go down
Paintedhead5121
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
Paintedhead5121

PostSubject: Re: Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both???   Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 12:36 pm

Wow that's a blast from the past.

As a 1970's kid I had Steve, Oscar, Maskatron, a space capsule(?) and a cardboard office building of some sort. All that remains of that lot today is the engine.

I never realised that SMDM and VAM shared accessories.
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both???   Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 9:47 pm

PH5121 wrote:
Wow that's a blast from the past.

As a 1970's kid I had Steve, Oscar, Maskatron, a space capsule(?) and a cardboard office building of some sort. All that remains of that lot today is the engine.

I never realised that SMDM and VAM shared accessories.

Yes Paul a real Blast lol! I only ever had 1 Steve Austin figure but due to the size difference he didn't quite fit with the VAM when me and my mates were playing the bang bang games between the German and Brit Vam

I've only found out by chance of the shared stuff bom lol!

PostSubject: Re: Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both???   Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mission Control Vehicle or Vam Solar Hurricane ot Both???
Page 1 of 1