ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

August Bonus Interview- Jet

Go down 
+10
somekindajoe
Sparkys6887
barney_leadhead
Captian action
Jet-
Teckno Viking
clivvers
Wolf_Soldier64
gibri
Beatlefan
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

August Bonus Interview- Jet Empty
PostSubject: August Bonus Interview- Jet   August Bonus Interview- Jet Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 9:21 pm

Thanks to Jet for this months interview.

Name ?
James Taylor

Online name ?
Jet (My Initials), not some kind of aviation connection

Location ?
Yateley Hampshire , right next to Blackbushe airport  where some of my outdoor shots have been taken

First Vam/Joe/Mam or 1/6 figure ?
My first figure was a talking fuzz head with hard hands, probably bought for me around 1974 when I was 3 or 4.  I still own him, he’s lost his voice and is as floppy as hell as he spent most of his time in the pond in the SeaWolf submarine.

What was your favourite figure as a kid, and do you still own him?
My favourite figure as a kid was a hybrid figure because he had the new eagle eyes, i must have got him for a birthday , he was always dressed as a paratrooper but he came as a helicopter pilot. I still own him bald as a coot now. I remember him getting buried with his comrades when my dads extension footings collapsed on them. They had to be dug out the next day.

Favourite figure now ?
This is a hard one because it changes all the time.  I do like my SOTW Japanese Joe and my British commando.  My favourite would be the German stormtrooper and this was also a favourite as a child.
I always preferred to be the enemy when playing with my cousin or friends (whether it was action man or star wars) as they always had the better uniforms.

Most desired item ?
I had always wanted the GI Joe sea adventurer and managed to get one at AMD5, next on the list is an early G I Joe marine with camo helmet. My ultimate figure which you rarely see would be G I Joe state trooper as it’s such a unique piece.

What will you do with your collection as you get older ?
I will still add to it, I don’t think i’ll ever catch up with Didier’s collection but i’ll have a bloody good try.

What does your wife/girlfriend/partner think of your collection/hobby?
She puts up with my collecting as she thinks i’m going to die first and she can sell it on, It’s relegated to the garage , which I don’t mind as its nice and dark in there , although I get a bit uncomfortable when the gas and electricity meter readers come.  Deb does take a bit of interest and comes to the shows ..(probably to keep an eye on what I’m spending).  Some members would have met her as she likes to embarrass me  Embarassed

Do you set yourself a budget ?
I do set a budget when I’m bidding on eBay as I used to get caught up in the moment and would never allow myself to be outbid. Dangerous !!   If its a nice piece at a show I will pay over the top but I an trying to make an effort to stick to what I feel a piece is worth.

Worst Vam/Joe/Mam or 1/6 figure ?
Probably intruder and bullet man, They just don’t seem to fit in the action man range

Views on 40th reproductions ?
At first when Alan discussed about bringing them out I was concerned for my VAM collection being devalued,  not necessarily in price but in their uniqueness,  I don’t buy the 40th figures but I buy some of the uniforms , they are great for dioramas when you need a group  shot and they are very close to the originals.  I've never collected carded uniforms as I like to open them up, even though it sometimes seems wrong. In the past I  opened up 2 x original DAK's  and 1 x LRDG uniform off original cards to put on figures. (Can't believe I did that).

Worst item of the Vam/Joe/Mam or 1/6 range ?
I’m not so keen on the pursuit craft uniform because of the big buttons on the front I preferred the Helicopter Pilot. I  don’t want to upset collectors but I can’t get on with the MAM figures and their big hands. In my opinion they shouldn’t have called them action man as they are so different to what we know. I would have thought Hasbro would have progressed the figure to something like the DID /Dragon figures in their articulation, but seems they went backwards with less joints.

Best thing about collecting Vam/Joe/Mam or 1/6 figures ?
It takes me back to my childhood and  I love the memories it brings , Handling & posing them   (alright..Playing with them ! )

Do you think your collection will be collectible in the future ?
I think it will still be collectible for a few years to come but i'm not so sure future generations will have the same connection as we do. They are probably peaking as collectibles now with our age group .

If you did not collect Vam/Joe/Mam what would you collect ?
I have a small collection of old RC cars from the 80’s as I used to race all over the country.  I like my new collection of Belgium beer glasses (especially when they are full).  I’ve always had an interest in all figures and still have most of my childhood toys (in my parents loft) I also have a large collection of Dragon & DID WW11 figures

What AM/Joe outfit or set would you like to have seen released?
I’d love to have seen a U-boat commander, I’m in the process of doing a bash at the moment, just trying to get some bits together.  I’d also liked to have seen a pirate range, hook hand & peg leg . I had the matchbox fighting furys as a kid (still have them).

Do you have a/What is your favourite section of AMMO?
I like looking at everyone different photos.
My favourite section is the collection thread  dioramas  and random pictures as these are what I post most in.  The Kit bashes I find interesting to look at.  

Why do you like AMMO ?

I love looking at other peoples collections and threads.  my only negative is there are so many sections that I often miss a lot of posts in sections that I don’t always look at.
View user profile

August Bonus Interview- Jet Volgan10
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: August Bonus Interview- Jet   August Bonus Interview- Jet Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 9:31 pm

Great interview James, thanks for taking the time to complete it. Totally agree mate, the memories that come back when looking at and posing (playing with) our figures are priceless!
Like the idea of the German U Boat commander! Would have fitted in well with the range I think.

August Bonus Interview- Jet Volgan10
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: August Bonus Interview- Jet   August Bonus Interview- Jet Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 2:19 am

Great interview, James, thanks for taking the time.

Brian
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: August Bonus Interview- Jet   August Bonus Interview- Jet Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 3:20 pm

Awesome interview James, enjoyed reading it, Very Happy

HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: August Bonus Interview- Jet   August Bonus Interview- Jet Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 3:20 pm

Good interview! cheers

A U-boat commander would have been a smart move by Palitoy, plus a mini blow-molded U-boat.

Smile

Teckno Viking
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Teckno Viking

PostSubject: Re: August Bonus Interview- Jet   August Bonus Interview- Jet Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 5:23 pm

Brilliant answers to some great questions.
Back to top Go down
Jet-
Medic
Jet-

PostSubject: Re: August Bonus Interview- Jet   August Bonus Interview- Jet Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 7:46 pm

Thanks for the comments.

I'm still working on my U boat bashes just need a few bits and pieces to complete them .

Back to top Go down
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: August Bonus Interview- Jet   August Bonus Interview- Jet Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 7:58 pm

great interview Jet !

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenAugust Bonus Interview- Jet G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
barney_leadhead
Painted Head
barney_leadhead

PostSubject: Re: August Bonus Interview- Jet   August Bonus Interview- Jet Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 9:46 pm

A very pleasant and interesting read :-)

Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: August Bonus Interview- Jet   August Bonus Interview- Jet Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 2:29 am

Great interview Jet. Very fortunate still having your childhood toys mate. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: August Bonus Interview- Jet   August Bonus Interview- Jet Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 11:23 am

Great Interview James!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: August Bonus Interview- Jet   August Bonus Interview- Jet Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 12:15 pm

I'v just finished reading your interview Jet and I liked reading it Very Happy . Oh I'm not upset that you typed don’t want to upset collectors but I can’t get on with the MAM figures and their big hands. In my opinion they shouldn’t have called them action man as they are so different to what we know. I would have thought Hasbro would have progressed the figure to something like the DID /Dragon figures in their articulation, but seems they went backwards with less joints. Because at the end of the day they your point of view of how you feel about MAM figures Jet.

Medic
Jet-

PostSubject: Re: August Bonus Interview- Jet   August Bonus Interview- Jet Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 7:09 pm

Thanks guys.

No problem Alex , as long as we all enjoy our hobby in our own way .
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: August Bonus Interview- Jet   August Bonus Interview- Jet Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 6:47 pm

Fantastic interview James!, boy has it taken me a long time t catch up on posts, and your interview was well worth it my friend. I really enjoyed reading it and finding out more about you. Thanks for taking part cheers
Back to top Go down
TALLY HO
Armoured Car Commander
TALLY HO

PostSubject: Re: August Bonus Interview- Jet   August Bonus Interview- Jet Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 7:16 pm

enjoyable read
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: August Bonus Interview- Jet   August Bonus Interview- Jet Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 2:51 am

Well done Jet! cheers

PostSubject: Re: August Bonus Interview- Jet   August Bonus Interview- Jet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

August Bonus Interview- Jet
Page 1 of 1