ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Decembers (bonus) interview - vam78

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Decembers (bonus) interview - vam78 Empty
PostSubject: Decembers (bonus) interview - vam78   Decembers (bonus) interview - vam78 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 7:38 pm

Our bonus interview, vam78 Very Happy

name?
Geert

online name?
Vam78

location?
Belgium

First vam/gi joe/mam or 1/6 figure?
It started with a Lone ranger, but soon my interest got carried away by these fantastic and movable soldiers. By the time I got into actionman, it was the blue pant era. I ended up with 3 figures (the blond one was my favorite), a jeep and a tank. Fantastic toys & fantastic memories.

favourite figure now?
Very difficult to answer, when I started to collect I preferred blue pants. But as time passed by, I started to appreciate the other figures as well. Most of my men now are fuzzy hair type figures. If I have to choose : I don't want to lose my childhood BP figures , if I have to make a choice for 1 specific figure, it will be my blond childhood blue pant figure dressed as a WWII infantrist.

most desired item?
Very difficult as well as there is a variety of very good equipment. I love setting up my men with their equipment and weapons. A choice is hard to make, but I think I'll go for my boxed Landy.

what will you do with your collection as you get older?
Pass it on to my son who's very keen on VAM, but my childhood figures will stay with me till I die.

do you set yourself a budget?
Yes, I think I've already spend enough money on VAM, nowadays I try to keep the impact on the budget as low as possible. Life is already more than expensive enough. Sometimes I sell what I don't need any more. That way I try to minimize the impact on the budget.

worst vam/gi joe/mam or 1/6 figure?
Most certainly Ken. I really dislike that figure. We used to have one, I remember I hated it to see Ken in our played war scenes and ... he was still smiling.

views on 40th reproductions?
I try to keep my collection vintage. However, we (that is my son and I) have 4 40th figures : 3 GI Joes and one german para blue pant. The 40th GI Joe figures are better than the 40th blue pant. That blue pant is really rubbish. As far as I can judge ( I'm not an expert), the clothes & accessoiries look OK to me.

worst item of the vam/gi joe/mam or 1/6 range?
Most of my stuff is from the military range, I don't collect items/outfits that are not military (and I include the FRF in the military range).

best thing about collecting vam/gi joe/mam or 1/6?
Having my childhood figures -and the memories with them- back .

do you think your collection will be collectible in the future?
If I can keep on improving my collection, it will be. I'm aware that the quality of a part of my collection needs to be improved though. I have some incomplete outfits and parts that need to be replaced. But I have patience...

if you did not collect vam/gi joe/mam or 1/6, what would you collect?
Probably nothing. Actually I'm not much of a collector. I started with the intention to recreate my childhood collection. But soon I started collecting. Bit by bit my collection grew from 2 figures to over 50 now.

why do you like AMMO?
I like knowledge being shared and the stimulating power from other members to keep on going with our collection.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Decembers (bonus) interview - vam78   Decembers (bonus) interview - vam78 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 7:41 pm

great interview Geert, lol! about the comment about Ken !! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
AManfromcoalville
Flock Head
AManfromcoalville

PostSubject: Re: Decembers (bonus) interview - vam78   Decembers (bonus) interview - vam78 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 7:53 pm

Interesting interview, Geert, always good to read new information about members!

and yes... Ken is always smiling even when...

Decembers (bonus) interview - vam78 KenLooter

But I'm very surprised that you dislike him - especially, when you like the blue pant figures!

Will this pursuade you to change your mind about him? Laughing

Decembers (bonus) interview - vam78 IMGP6132
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Decembers (bonus) interview - vam78   Decembers (bonus) interview - vam78 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 8:00 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
vam78
New Recruit
vam78

PostSubject: Re: Decembers (bonus) interview - vam78   Decembers (bonus) interview - vam78 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 8:02 pm

The Ken I used to have, could not move his arms and legs sidewards. Anyway, I still don't like him.

Shouldn't Ken look better in a pink suit lol!
Back to top Go down
AManfromcoalville
Flock Head
AManfromcoalville

PostSubject: Re: Decembers (bonus) interview - vam78   Decembers (bonus) interview - vam78 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 8:23 pm

'..... Anyway, I still don't like him. '

I have to agree, and I'm not sure anybody does!!!! Even my daughter says she finds him '.... a bit creepy!!!!'

Still... he's great fun to have around!!! lol!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Decembers (bonus) interview - vam78   Decembers (bonus) interview - vam78 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 10:26 pm

Love the interview Geert! cool to see how other guys feel about collecting. Great idea whoever's it was! Adds a bit more unique value to this forum. I like it!

As for Ken, he's not very well liked over here in the Joe realm! I have to stop before I get censored, possibly banished, or maybe even excommunicated!

Rick
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Decembers (bonus) interview - vam78   Decembers (bonus) interview - vam78 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 10:34 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: Decembers (bonus) interview - vam78   Decembers (bonus) interview - vam78 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 12:43 am

Eat interview Geert. From 2-50 VAM. My collection pretty much looks like it did when Inwas a kid. A few PH's some Fuzzy's and BP's probably need a few more BP's. Thanks to you my Cherilea Motorbike and Sidecar now has the correct gun :-)

I'm starting to feel a little sorry for poor old Ken.............. Actually no I'm not I'm with Hannah, he's creepy!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Decembers (bonus) interview - vam78   Decembers (bonus) interview - vam78 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 9:52 am

Great interview Geert

So thats what people really think of ken ????

I wonder what would happen if he knew ?????????????????????????

https://actionmanmobileops.forumotion.co.uk/t546-poor-old-ken#4542
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Decembers (bonus) interview - vam78   Decembers (bonus) interview - vam78 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Decembers (bonus) interview - vam78
Page 1 of 1