ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle

Go down 
+10
Glidah Drivah
FIELD STATION 42
Professor Gangrene Fan
inntruderr61
Rossini
BAMComix
Reddragon
gibri
thierry
brownboots
14 posters
AuthorMessage
brownboots
Admin
brownboots

French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle Empty
PostSubject: French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle   French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 1:54 pm

The Challenge set by Reddragon was simple (it seemed!) take one of his Cheap Bikes and turn it into
a French Resistance Version.

The bike, pre Bash...
French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle Bike%201_zpsbffrcvnv

......seems simple enough, it was Hell!!!...I had to literally nail the paint onto this, such was the quality of the Plastic!!

First pass...
French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle Bike_zpss55gfcre

Numerous re-coats later...
French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle Bike%202_zpso75wy7mt

French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle Bike%203_zpsxarvecro

Finished.

French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle Tommy%20FR_zpsdfhz0fjk

...please don't stare too hard at it.....you'll flake the paint off!!

Over to you RD....Share your Hell!
Very Happy

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
thierry
Sabotage
thierry

PostSubject: Re: French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle   French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 2:19 pm

VERY NICE BIKE.................BRILLIANT Bash!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle   French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 2:23 pm

Outstanding work! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Rossini
Red Devil
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle   French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 4:25 pm

Awesome Paul!! Its always great to see something ghastly become something decent! Smile

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle   French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 4:25 pm

incroyable!!!

What an amazing transformation! Brilliant work Paul!!!

Top arrows!!!

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Reddragon
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Reddragon

PostSubject: Re: French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle   French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 4:31 pm

Great stuff BB, the brake cables are a clever touch. I painted the same model bike and tried lots of different methods, even white glue that i use on model soldiers would not stick as an undercoat. You passed the challenge with flying colours. Cracking picture of Tommy Le Gunn.  cheers cheers cheers

French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle Frenchguy2

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle   French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 4:35 pm

Excellent work too Richard! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Rossini
Red Devil
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle   French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 4:37 pm

Yours is really smart too Taff!! Smile

PostSubject: Re: French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle   French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 10:04 pm

Great transformation
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle   French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 2:31 am

Great looking bike! cheers You did a great job! Figures look awesome too! cheers

Last edited by inntruderr61 on Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle   French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 8:16 am

Paul I'm just loving your kitbashed French Resistance Version.

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle   French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:58 am

Oh, man! Sad I wish I had seen this topic before I donated several Barbie bicycles, including this same pink model, to the local charity shop last summer!

That was an impressive change in appearance for what looks like relatively little effort.

Ah well, too late now.

Note to self: do NOT look for Barbie bicycles on eBay. DO NOT look for Barbie bicycles on eBay. Embarassed

Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle   French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2024 3:09 pm

What a great conversion! It’s technically a postwar bike, but my French resistance Peggy occasionally hops on my Schwinn!

French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle 2010479C-1CE7-4BBD-B799-2DD6CBACB510

-Nate

BAMComix, TNshooter and Melancholia like this post

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle   French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 1:02 am

Those are nice conversions on the Barbie bikes. cheers cheers

Even though postwar, that is one sharp looking bike Nate. cheers cheers cheers

BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle   French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 7:02 am

Yeah Brownboots and redragon were both extremely clever at converting and creating stuff. Their enthusiasm could be extremely contagious lol! . I believe redragon sold up many years back, and brownboots, well, he is having a break from the hobby.
That bike is so cool Nate, that Peggy use's to get around, no doubt to stay unnoticed as she travels around gathering intel for Joes!
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Australian Jungle Fighter
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle   French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 11:59 am

Great transformation BB Nicely done cheers cheers cheers also Glidah Drivahs Schwinn bike awsome Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle   French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2024 11:04 pm

You turned an inexpensive plastic toy into a realistic work of art! Fantastic! Did you use varnish to protect the paint?

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle   French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 7:00 am

Melancholia wrote:
You turned an inexpensive plastic toy into a realistic work of art!  Fantastic!  Did you use varnish to protect the paint?

I believe Brownboots used a matt spray varnish to finish the over al look, if I remember rightly, Faith Wink .
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle   French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2024 6:57 am

This is an amazing transformation!! 😲

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle   French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

French Resistance Bike......The Challenge! Customized Barbie Bicycle
Page 1 of 1