ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TOYS & TERRIFIC BATTLE!

Go down 
+2
BAMComix
Joe90
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Joe90
Eagle Eyes
Joe90

TOYS & TERRIFIC BATTLE! Empty
PostSubject: TOYS & TERRIFIC BATTLE!   TOYS & TERRIFIC BATTLE! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 6:56 am

Here Is An Edited Version Without the Anti-GI Joe Message

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: TOYS & TERRIFIC BATTLE!   TOYS & TERRIFIC BATTLE! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 9:27 am

stunning bit of stop frame once the battle gets started, film makers should have kept their Joe opinions to themselves though, in my opinion Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TOYS & TERRIFIC BATTLE!   TOYS & TERRIFIC BATTLE! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 10:25 am

Brilliant stop frame work, must have taken a while to do. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sparklebudgie
Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: TOYS & TERRIFIC BATTLE!   TOYS & TERRIFIC BATTLE! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 7:53 pm

Great stop go film.
Back to top Go down
Sgt_Elias
Admin
Sgt_Elias

PostSubject: Re: TOYS & TERRIFIC BATTLE!   TOYS & TERRIFIC BATTLE! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 8:40 pm

great film... what was the anti-joe message, was it subliminal and it didn't work on me?????
Back to top Go down
AManfromcoalville
Flock Head
AManfromcoalville

PostSubject: Re: TOYS & TERRIFIC BATTLE!   TOYS & TERRIFIC BATTLE! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 9:59 pm

Sgt_Elias wrote:
great film... what was the anti-joe message, was it subliminal and it didn't work on me?????

I will reveal all once your Joes have been packed, shipped and start landing through my letterbox!!!!! Laughing

You are No 6!
Back to top Go down
Joe90
Eagle Eyes
Joe90

PostSubject: Re: TOYS & TERRIFIC BATTLE!   TOYS & TERRIFIC BATTLE! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 10:04 pm

Sgt_Elias wrote:

The anti War Toys theme didn't work on a lot of people. I first saw it at primary school in grade 4 back in early 1967. My friends and I loved it!

It wasn't only young boys who loved this film...

As reported by Norman McLaren

When Grant Munro made this brilliantly animated film, there was heated societal debate about war toys and their effect on children. When one looks at the film now, one can see its current relevance to a discussion about video games. We filmmakers always think our films are totally clear. But, in fact, viewers bring their own beliefs and history to the films they watch. Imagine Grant Munro’s dismay when he received the following letter: “I saw your film entitled ‘Toys’ on Channel 10, December 28, 1971. Where did you get those marvelous war toys? My children are now so disappointed in their Christmas presents. The gifts they received can’t compete with the great creations you employed. Please advise me of where you purchased these ingenious war toys. Birthdays are coming and I do want to get some.”

C
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: TOYS & TERRIFIC BATTLE!   TOYS & TERRIFIC BATTLE! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 10:23 pm

They kept showing kids with anti-war expressions on there faces...
Didn't work on me either...
Thanks for sharing Doug! Great videos...
No wonder our Joes have melt marks...lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TOYS & TERRIFIC BATTLE!   TOYS & TERRIFIC BATTLE! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TOYS & TERRIFIC BATTLE!
Page 1 of 1