ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Walt's Joes and others

Go down 
+5
BAMComix
somekindajoe
ghost recon
inntruderr61
Walter1965
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Walt's Joes and others - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walt's Joes and others   Walt's Joes and others - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 9:17 am

you should stop them wrestling each other Walt !! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Walter1965
Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)
Walter1965

PostSubject: Dispatcher Duke   Walt's Joes and others - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 12:21 am

The Adventure Team is catching up with the times....Out goes the antiquated system.. Laughing .... Walt's Joes and others - Page 2 MySuperLamePic_9e95cc67f168233b9eda39e44271f70dAnd in comes the new. cheers ...Duke and the team are very proud of the hand carved dispatch table...Going to find two nice chairs.....WalterWalt's Joes and others - Page 2 037Walt's Joes and others - Page 2 039Walt's Joes and others - Page 2 041Walt's Joes and others - Page 2 044
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Walts-16-figures-746793052029123/
Walter1965
Walter1965

PostSubject: Re: Walt's Joes and others   Walt's Joes and others - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 1:29 am

HA!! I took a closer look at the white computer and it has a removable cd LOL....WalterWalt's Joes and others - Page 2 049
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Walt's Joes and others   Walt's Joes and others - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 1:38 am

Cool stuff Walter! Out with the old & in with the new... cheers
Back to top Go down
Walter1965
Walter1965

PostSubject: Re: Walt's Joes and others   Walt's Joes and others - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 3:13 am

Walter1965 wrote:
[size=18]I came across this Henshin figure that need major repair. affraid ..I'm trying to pick him up to give him the TLC that he deserves...I fixed on of my others that had the same problem.....Walter /size]Walt's Joes and others - Page 2 %24T2eC16RHJG8E9nyfnU%21qBRP7YggRyw%7E%7E60_3
Thanks Dal and Jim....I did pick up this poor fella for $4 Dug out my HEAVY rubber strap Cool ...Now just to wait for him to arrive.....Walter
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Walt's Joes and others   Walt's Joes and others - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:07 pm

That's a fine collection of Joes you've got there Walter, there's a lot going on there Very Happy Very Happy .

Your astronauts are outstanding. I've got one of my space explorers suspended from my bedroom ceiling, it's keeping guard whilst i sleep at night, it's been there for the last 3 years.

I've never seen them Action Soldier Outfits before, are they vintage?? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Walt's Joes and others   Walt's Joes and others - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 6:09 pm

Great collection Walter Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Walter1965
Walter1965

PostSubject: Re: Walt's Joes and others   Walt's Joes and others - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 1:07 am

Thank you so much...Glad that you dig them....I don't think that I posted pictures of this Danger Of The Depths set...It was very sad the day that it arrived unopened in the mail...The orange dive suit was falling to pieces in the box...Sigh.......So I peeled it off and opened up one of my Mr.Action outfits...It is ok...But I'm going to eventually order an orange dive suit from Project ARE  http://www.project-are.com/areframe.htm ....They are made from Lycra and are never going to rot...Jim "Intruder61" has some and he said that they are wonderful...I am posting a picture of my boxed DOD figure the way he looks now as well as my friend Jerry Gonzalez's Danger Of The Depths custom that is posted in Project ARE's Gallery...Great job Jerry....Cheers WalterWalt's Joes and others - Page 2 028Walt's Joes and others - Page 2 Gonzalez-dotd2Walt's Joes and others - Page 2 Gonzalez-dotd
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Walt's Joes and others   Walt's Joes and others - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 10:29 pm

Fabulous looking diver set Walt, that shark looks terrific!!!cheerscheerscheers I get a real buzz from looking at that window box. Some of the divers equipment in DOD look very similar to my MAM 'Scuba Diver' parts...
https://actionmanmobileops.forumotion.co.uk/t2217-mam-scuba-diver-an-in-depth-walkaround
The custom AT Diver looks excellent too, lycra is definitely the way forward for 1/6 diving suits.

PostSubject: Re: Walt's Joes and others   Walt's Joes and others - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 11:45 pm

Walter1965 wrote:
Thanks !! these fellas here are my 1/6 cybernauts made by a company called Henchin from Japan..For those that are old like me you may remember the 3 3/4 figure called Micronauts...Same company....Their chests are supposed light up but they need new batteries...They sort of remind me of Mike Power/Atomic Man although he is tech a Cyborg part organic part machine....Walter   Walt's Joes and others - Page 2 M_005Walt's Joes and others - Page 2 M_m_008

Those are actually made by Takara, including their Micronauts line later on. Basically, Takara got a licence from Hasbro to make G.I.JOE as 'Combat Joe', it was practically identical to 1964 Joes at first, then changed to a more 'anime' style face for their Joe and the line became more different. It didn't sell too well so they began making 'Henshin Cyborg dolls like the ones you have as well as his enemy 'King Walder and his own outfits, Walders came in blue, greenish blue, red and yellow, the outfits for Henshin Cyborg were based on live action superhero shows on tv at the time...this worked really well and they then made another figure called 'Android A', he was smokey black clear plastic with a missle firing chest feature and like the other figures of Henshin Cyborg and King Walder his limbs could be removed and replaced with alternate robotic legs, heads, arm weapons etc, all sold as add on kits separately...The line did so well that they reduced the scale to create MicroMan, and this led to a further line called 'MicroChange'....small everyday electronic style household things that became their vehicles...essentially, they were supposed to be 'real scale' i.e. 3 3/4 inch tall....this then led to changing robots and even smaller driver figures to put in the robots when disguised as vehicles, planes etc...it became known as 'Diaclone'....At around the the early 1970s, Mego Corporation in the US saw the possibility of a licence deal and bringing MicroMan to the West...this became...

THE MICRONAUTS...

Mego made their own mythos, character names etc...

By the late 1970s, Takara had added to Henshin Cyborg his 'son' 'SHONEN' (meaning kid) CYBORG in an 8 inch format, Denys – Fisher / Strawberry Fayre Toys of the UK was now owned by General Mills Corp (owners of many food brands, best known in the UK then for Nabisco, Huntley & Palmers, Jacobs to name a few) now owned them too via the sale of the company through the phenomenal success of Denys Fisher's (hence the company name) invention called 'Spirograph'...Denys Fisher / Strawberry Fayre (its sister company) were now a sister company to Palitoy, also owned by G.M. Denys Fisher / Strawberry Fayre obtained a licence from Takara to market their Henshin - Cyborg, King Walder and Android A figures in the smaller, 8 inch tall scale, practically identical in every way in all but size...

The titular hero of the series, Henshin Cyborg became....

CYBORG.

King Walder was only marketed in translucent purple and became the vile....

MUTON

Android - A, one of Japanese toy collectors heros became another evil threat for CYBORG to face...

ANDROID!

By the early to mid 1980s Takara was marketing 'NEW COMBAT JOE', a newly sculpted G.I.JOE / ACTION MAN style doll with his one line of outfits and accessory packs...

At around the same time, Hasbro in the US decided to obtain a licence from Takara to bring over disparate automobile, aircraft and handgun style Diaclone robots and created what became the phenomenal....

TRANSFORMERS...

They changed colours, gave them new names, created the Autobots and Decepticons...it was a runaway success that obliterated BAN DAI's own efforts with their Robo Machines toys...and Tonka's licenced GOBOTS...

Takara saw the opportunity and obtained a licence from Hasbro to create their own TRANSFORMERS...many identical to the US items but the Autobots became the CYBERTRONS, and the Decepticons...THE DESTRONS....There have been many Japanese exclusive items, cartoon series diverging from the mediocre (except the 1986 classic animated film!) US Sunbow produced tv show...

What is interesting is MICROMAN still is a big toyline in Japan today, with modern, hyper posable figures being made...in the early 2000's Takara even made commemorative 'Junior' Henshin Cyborg figures in the defunct 8 inch Denys Fisher scale with 'Shonen (Kid) Cyborg and a blue King Walder 'Jnr' two pack with retro style packaging as well as single packed retro style Shonen Cyborgs with different coloured robotic interior chests and heads as well as King Walder Jnr in yellow...(I own the two pack and yellow King Walder Jnr)...

Basically, G.I.JOE started it all in 1964...the rest as they say, is history...
Back to top Go down
vam78
New Recruit
vam78

PostSubject: Re: Walt's Joes and others   Walt's Joes and others - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 6:34 pm

Wow, more than a nice collection.

Is that a white japanese GI Joe outfit on the top shelve (pic 1 page 1) ?

Last edited by vam78 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Walt's Joes and others   Walt's Joes and others - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 7:03 pm

Great figures walt !!, really liking the diver cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walt's Joes and others   Walt's Joes and others - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Walt's Joes and others
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2