ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom)

Go down 
+2
inntruderr61
Professor Gangrene Fan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom) Empty
PostSubject: Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom)   Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 2:07 pm

My first figure of 2018, I was really looking forward to finally owning a Lara figure (lets face it, thats who it is! lol!) and though I am pleased with her kit and sculpt, what a disappointment the original body was! imo, a cheap k/o version of a DAMTOYS figure. So thinking ahead, I swapped the body for a TBL S21B, and it is such an improvement, though not a perfect colour match. Much happier with her now.

Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom) 39274926984_38c1ac1298_cTomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom) by Blonde Actionman, on Flickr

Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom) DSC02588
Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom) DSC02592
Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom) DSC02595
Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom) DSC02597

Timz.figart likes this post

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom)   Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 2:21 pm

I’m just loving your new 1/6 scale Lara Croft figure a lot. I’m just loving all the different action poses that she’s in. Very well photographed Dal.

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom)   Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 2:57 pm

ACKIE88 wrote:
I’m just loving your new 1/6 scale Lara Croft figure a lot. I’m just loving all the different action poses that she’s in. Very well photographed Dal.

Cheers Al! really pleased you like her! she is a lot easier to pose now with her improved body cheers
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom)   Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 3:31 pm

Great figure & pics Dal! cheers

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom)   Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 4:05 pm

inntruderr61 wrote:
Great figure & pics Dal! cheers

Very Happy Very Happy Cheers Jim!
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom)   Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 8:51 pm

Very nice mate!

Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom) Volgan10
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom)   Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2018 8:17 am

Beatlefan wrote:
Very nice mate!

Cheers Rich! Very Happy She will be a great asset to the agents of BAM Laughing
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom)   Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 10:23 pm

Great face sculpt, which looks fantastic on the TBLeague body! Slightly darker face makes sense, actually, from sun exposure and such.

Is the background the packaging from the original figure box? And are the outfit and accessories ones that came with the original fig? The outfit seems to fit the TBLeague body quite well.

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom)   Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 10:50 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Great face sculpt, which looks fantastic on the TBLeague body! Slightly darker face makes sense, actually, from sun exposure and such.

Is the background the packaging from the original figure box? And are the outfit and accessories ones that came with the original fig? The outfit seems to fit the TBLeague body quite well.

It really is a great sculpt David. Yeah the background, clothes and weapons and such all came with the figure, the only thing I had to change were her boots as they had a different connection and wouldn't fit the phicen.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom)   Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom) Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2020 4:44 pm

Looking at this again, I realize that this is a molded hair face sculpt, not rooted hair. I didn't really realize that before, and it's not very apparent except in that one close-up pic from the top of her head. Not bad at all for molded hair!

I was wondering how the head would look on a "suntan" body. But apparently the S21B is a suntan body. I suppose you could experiment with some Jiaou bodies, but that could get expensive very quickly, you probably would not find a closer color match, and the proportions of the S21B work really well with this head.

Is this fig still "complete" in the incarnation seen here, or have you since parted it out for use in other Agents? It's a nice-looking figure, but there are a lot of costume bits that would be tempting to try out on other figures.

Have you tried other heads on this body-costume combo? I'm thinking the CAT TOYS head might look pretty good, still offering a "Lara Croft" vibe, but with rooted hair.

Your posing skills have improved over the past 2-1/2 years since these photos were taken. Wink You have a much more developed eye for subtle details in positioning now. I would find it interesting if you were to revisit these images and re-shoot similar poses today.

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom)   Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom) Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2020 4:58 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Looking at this again, I realize that this is a molded hair face sculpt, not rooted hair. I didn't really realize that before, and it's not very apparent except in that one close-up pic from the top of her head. Not bad at all for molded hair!

I was wondering how the head would look on a "suntan" body. But apparently the S21B is a suntan body. I suppose you could experiment with some Jiaou bodies, but that could get expensive very quickly, you probably would not find a closer color match, and the proportions of the S21B work really well with this head.

Is this fig still "complete" in the incarnation seen here, or have you since parted it out for use in other Agents? It's a nice-looking figure, but there are a lot of costume bits that would be tempting to try out on other figures.

Have you tried other heads on this body-costume combo? I'm thinking the CAT TOYS head might look pretty good, still offering a "Lara Croft" vibe, but with rooted hair.

Your posing skills have improved over the past 2-1/2 years since these photos were taken. Wink  You have a much more developed eye for subtle details in positioning now. I would find it interesting if you were to revisit these images and re-shoot similar poses today.

It's funny you should mention it Dave, at the moment Lara has been shelved, as I am waiting to get a Jaiou body for her in one of the other colours, I believe dark is the option I would need. As for mixing and matching, I often do that, most of my agents looks are a mxture of several sets thrown together.
I would like to reshoot her once she gets her new body Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom)   Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom) Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2020 6:45 pm

Coincidentally, two Jiaou bodies arrived today - one brown skin and one pale skin.

They are great colours and offer a bit more variety in colour.

The brown skin is a really good suntanned look, I'll get some pics on cheers

Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom) Volgan10

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom)   Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2021 7:55 am

WOW Dal, she is nice bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce You put her together fine, I really like her pale skin tone Laughing  If you remember My Ultimate Lara Dal, then you know that I prefer the thick & busty classic 90s/2000s/original movie type Lara than the modern & slender modern version of recent times. With that being said, you captured that look perfectly Dal, she is really nice head to toe Laughing Exclamation Very Happy

Remember: It is imperative to Look Back - The Past is not a Wilderness of Horrors - We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - Never judge a book by it's cover - DTA - Appearances are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn - Always Watch the Skies - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - Research & Question Everything = Various <-->

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.Don't have one,don't need one!.com
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom)   Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2021 8:01 am

BrandontheFigureFreak wrote:
WOW Dal, she is nice bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce You put her together fine, I really like her pale skin tone Laughing  If you remember My Ultimate Lara Dal, then you know that I prefer the thick & busty classic 90s/2000s/original movie type Lara than the modern & slender modern version of recent times. With that being said, you captured that look perfectly Dal, she is really nice head to toe Laughing Exclamation Very Happy

Cheers Brandon! really pleased you liked her cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom)   Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tomb Explorer EXPOP Figure (Custom)
Page 1 of 1