ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rogue Trooper's collection

Go down 
+20
Captian action
Sparklebudgie
Gunner Munro
Beatlefan
Professor Gangrene Fan
FIELD STATION 42
Rustygun
Didier
JohnnyE4
gibri
ActionYankee
somekindajoe
Wolf_Soldier64
Jet-
Scarface
Reddragon
blackbrazen
Dreadnought
BAMComix
inntruderr61
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 31 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2019 3:16 pm

Looking good Chris! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2019 4:10 pm

What else is needed to be added Chris?

Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2019 5:15 pm

Great work on Captain Dashwood! Fantastic looking bash.

Just catching up with this thread Chris cheers

Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 20 Volgan10
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2019 6:26 pm

Cheers fellas.

Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:
What else is needed to be added Chris?

Watch chain, cravat and weapons.

Chris
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2019 6:45 pm

Dashwood looks dashed dashing!

Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2019 7:17 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Dashwood looks dashed dashing!

Hahaha cheers

Chris
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2019 3:48 am

Superb job on Captain Dashwood! He looks good!cheers

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2019 3:54 am

I see a certain similarity Chris.
My Steampunker is actually wearing jodhpurs, but it's hard to get them to show with his essential big travel coat.

Maybe your bloke and my bloke could go on an adventure together in the Time Machine?

Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 20 DsZWin
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2019 9:01 am

Jim. Thanks....still a few bits to make/buy, but he's getting there.

LeStryge. That's a fine looking time travelling figure. I too can see some similarities. Did you make the waistcoat ? It looks amazing.

Chris
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2019 11:36 am

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
LeStryge. That's a fine looking time travelling figure. I too can see some similarities.  Did you make the waistcoat ? It looks amazing.
After a few disastrous attempts of my own, ...well maybe not THAT bad, ....but unsatisfactory to my own critical eyes, I relented and bought a BATTLE GEAR TOYS "Gambler Vest".
They come in about four or five colourways, and have to say they are INCREDIBLY well made. Fully lined, tapered with back darts, and detailed with front pockets and the back pull-in strap too.
When it first arrived I was looking for the usual large press stud fastening under the fake buttons, but they have REAL sewn on buttons that function properly, although the button holes are NOT stitched and fray VERY easily due to the nature of the fabric.
You have to be VERY careful re-buttoning the waistcoat. I used the tip of a craft knife to make sure it didn't cause further damage, but I wouldn't make a habit of taking the waistcoat off and on again.

You probably can't see it in the photo but his fob chain has a small gold lucky wish bone as the hanging fob. I thought it quite apropos for a Time Traveller.
Unlike you though , I have not as yet given my bloke a proper name.
I'll have to work on that!

Last edited by LeStryge on Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2019 9:09 pm

I'm a huge fan of Richard Sharpe..both the films and the books. So I've started to put together a homage to him. I still need to buy/make a sword n scabbard, a powder horn, whistle on a chain and a flintlock pistol, but I'm happy  so far.
Superb reflock as per usual by Mick Coxey.
Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 20 20191016-201712

And this is Smiley Joe's cousin..Smiley Jeff lol! he still needs a few additions too.
Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 20 20191016-201734

Chris
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2019 10:14 pm

Fantastic work Chris! Your Sharp bash looks amazing, as it has to be said, does smiley Jeff! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2019 10:54 pm

Great looking figures there. Smiley Jeff does have a familial look about I think.
Your Sharpe bash is very sharp !!! Very Happy

Kev.
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2019 1:05 am

Cool figures RT... cheers
Good ole Smiley Jeff... Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2019 3:39 am

You need a powder horn?
It's coming up Christmas and the shops are full of decorations, including reindeer decorations .
Grab one of those larger ones with antlers and make yourself a couple of 1/6 scale powder horns!
Great figures Chris!
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2019 9:30 am

Thanks fellas cheers

Chris
Back to top Go down
Scarface
New Recruit
Scarface

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2019 9:51 am

[quote="Rogue-Trooper"]I'm a huge fan of Richard Sharpe..both the films and the books. So I've started to put together a homage to him. I still need to buy/make a sword n scabbard, a powder horn, whistle on a chain and a flintlock pistol, but I'm happy  so far.
Superb reflock as per usual by Mick Coxey.

I like the Major Sharpe homage! Smile
Back to top Go down
Reddragon
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Reddragon

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2019 12:02 am

The Sharpe figure is looking good RT. I don't think he will need a powder horn though all cartridges in his day Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2019 12:28 am

Embarrassed to say that I actually had to look Richard Sharpe up!
Somehow I missed the novels and I believe there was also a TV series. Don't think we got it here.
Certainly a well-travelled hero very much in the picaresque tradition!
The books are now definitely on my reading list.

I learned that "he is described as being six feet tall with an angular, tanned face, long black hair, and blue eyes. His most obvious physical characteristic is a deep scar on his right cheek which pulls at his right eye, giving his face a mocking expression when relaxed; this disappears when he smiles, which is not too frequently."

That height of six feet, (in an age when that was TALL!) does seem at odds with the backstory of him being starved as a child, leading to him being small for his size and subsequently sold to a chimney sweep due to his malnutrition?

The scar fits right in with VAM! Although depending on your view with regards to novels, you might have to give him some dark long hair ?
Would be a shame to change that magnificent flock though!

Last edited by LeStryge on Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2019 12:32 am

He is played in the tv films by Sean Bean...with long blonde hair. The author was so impressed by Bean's portrayal that he changed the description of Sharpe to closer match that of Bean in later books.

Chris
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2019 12:36 am

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
He is played in the tv films by Sean Bean...with long blonde hair. The author was so impressed by Bean's portrayal that he changed the description of Sharpe to closer match that of Bean in later books.
Thank you for that Chris!
As mentioned, I got my info from the net on the original stories, obviously before the author's later modifications you mention.
Certainly a fortuitous development, because it would indeed be a shame to change that magnificent flock you have already.

Can you recommend the TV series?
Just reading now, there were quite a few changes made to the original stories when adapted for TV.
So novels or TV series?
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2019 8:47 am

LeStryge....Hmmmm good  question.  Usually I'm definitely more in favour of books over tv or film versions of anything, but in this case I watched the tv films first and they are what got me hooked. I was a big Sean Bean fan before watching Sharpe, but in my opinion the role of Sharpe is what Bean was born to play. Plus...I'm only on the very first book at the moment,  but I can definitely recommend it so far.

RD ....you are right about not having a powder horn. The powder was instead measured out already into packets.  Although he did use one in at least one of the films, but it's one less thing for me to make lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down
Reddragon
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Reddragon

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2019 10:57 pm

Sean Bean was lucky to get the sharpe role, Paul Mcgann was the original choice but hurt his leg during filming .  Very Happy  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Jk7gJ7hiyI

Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2019 6:39 pm

RD..yeah I heard that, but I don't think I can imagine anyone else as Sharpe other than Sean Bean..he did such a great job.

Alex sent me a few bits that he didn't want..cheers Alex cheers
The locker and the contents plus the figure on the left. Although I swapped his head for a chad valley one.
Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 20 20191023-162103

Bet the new t-rex AM cant do this  lol!
Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 20 20191024-121727

This is Nickolai Van Helsing....my newest work in progress steampunk figure

Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 20 20191024-181816

Chris
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2019 7:19 pm

I’m just liking these pictures Chris. What does the t-rex Action Man figure look like?

Last edited by Prof Gangrene Fan on Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trooper's collection    Rogue Trooper's collection  - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rogue Trooper's collection
Page 20 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 31 ... 42  Next