ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gentlemen Of Japan!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Gentlemen Of Japan! Empty
PostSubject: Gentlemen Of Japan!   Gentlemen Of Japan! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 7:52 am

Just recently two friends(?) of my now resident "man-of-mystery" and the Master of the Dojo arrived without any warning.
They seem like nice lads and very well mannered.
Dojo Master asks if they can stay and claims they both have some very special martial arts skills that will be of benefit to the rest of the troops.

So here's the first one who does seem to be a true Samurai with the katana.

Gentlemen Of Japan! EaZh3o

VERY disciplined indeed!

Gentlemen Of Japan! NH5Jb0

The other boy hardly speaks but as they say, "Still waters run deep!"

Gentlemen Of Japan! JG8QUM

He promises to organise the build of a real Japanese Bath House, which certainly has the rest of the troops interested since the recent plumbing problems that have plagued the Barracks shower room! (Followers of my stories will know that to which I refer!  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing   )
Watch for further developments !

Last edited by LeStryge on Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen Of Japan!   Gentlemen Of Japan! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 8:06 am

Great looking figures! love the set up too bounce bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen Of Japan!   Gentlemen Of Japan! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 8:11 am

Thanks BAM! Very glad you enjoyed the pics.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen Of Japan!   Gentlemen Of Japan! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 5:48 pm

Nice costuming on the figures, but the sets! Oh, those settings are very cool! Good use of decorative props to bring the settings to life.

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen Of Japan!   Gentlemen Of Japan! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 11:23 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Nice costuming on the figures, but the sets! Oh, those settings are very cool! Good use of decorative props to bring the settings to life.
Another example of why you should never pass on any placemats you see in charity shops!

(Actually, one is a huge foldable beach mat!)
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen Of Japan!   Gentlemen Of Japan! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 3:26 am

Nice figures and outfits! cheers

Grasshopper... Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen Of Japan!   Gentlemen Of Japan! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 4:59 am

inntruderr61 wrote:
Grasshopper... Very Happy
And not at all based on Yoda? Wink Wink Wink

Thanks for the comments!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen Of Japan!   Gentlemen Of Japan! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 7:01 am

So why are some of the photos from my older posts not showing up now? 
I'm fully paid up on my host site. 
Had to re-do my Dinosaur Valley Adventure with exactly the same codes but they show up now. A real mystery, ...well to me anyway.
When I hit edit to replace the codes the photos show up perfectly before I do anything, but don't/won't show in the post here on the Board. 
Anyone else find this happening?

I have gone to the trouble of replacing each of the images in the above post so that they show now, ....but before? Nothing!
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen Of Japan!   Gentlemen Of Japan! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 2:07 pm

I will have to check my posts once I am back at a real computer and keyboard to see if anything similar has happened with my posts.

The hosting company for the forum is requiring all the forums to update to a version of the forum software that requires https (secure) protocol for posting photos. The “tech guy” who works on the site behind the scenes has been postponing the full transition for as long as possible because he was aware that it will likely result in some... and possibly many... images disappearing. Looks like perhaps the time has come when the full transition can no longer be avoided.

I’m happy that you have found a “fix” that works to restore your photos, and that you are taking the time to do so even though it sounds like a somewhat tedious and repetitive chore.

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen Of Japan!   Gentlemen Of Japan! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 9:38 pm

Great little dioramas here. Figures pretty nice also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen Of Japan!   Gentlemen Of Japan! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 10:56 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:

I’m happy that you have found a “fix” that works to restore your photos, and that you are taking the time to do so even though it sounds like a somewhat tedious and repetitive chore.
Thanks for that info Dave, and yes, it certainly is a tedious process to have to re-do. 
Dammit, I'm quite fond of some of my earlier shots and when I look back, it's disheartening to see just a line of code, but no image.
Now I'll have to seek out all my earlier posts and try to fix them too.

Glad you like my pics KTC! Always appreciate your comments!
The samurai is the figure that now has those waraji sandals that were so damned difficult to get right. 
I mentioned my trials with those complicated things in another post.
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen Of Japan!   Gentlemen Of Japan! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 11:32 pm

This is brill! He is the Gi Joe WW2 Japanese soldier right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen Of Japan!   Gentlemen Of Japan! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 11:43 pm

RealSarahdactyl wrote:
This is brill! He is the Gi Joe WW2 Japanese soldier right?
Yep, ...there are actually two of them I bought together from eBay, ....no uniforms though. 
Didn't matter, I always intended to do a more historic Japanese figure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gentlemen Of Japan!   Gentlemen Of Japan! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gentlemen Of Japan!
Page 1 of 1