ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Journey to the centre of Dinosaur Valley! -- Chapter Two

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Journey to the centre of Dinosaur Valley! -- Chapter Two Empty
PostSubject: Journey to the centre of Dinosaur Valley! -- Chapter Two   Journey to the centre of Dinosaur Valley! -- Chapter Two Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 2:22 pm

Journey to the centre of Dinosaur Valley! -- Chapter Two 49622304146_06a5964931_cJourney to the centre of Dinosaur Valley 00 (20) by Blonde Actionman, on Flickr
Journey to the centre of Dinosaur Valley! -- Chapter Two 49621791288_71ff93536d_cJourney to the centre of Dinosaur Valley 00 (21) by Blonde Actionman, on Flickr
Journey to the centre of Dinosaur Valley! -- Chapter Two 49622302581_bbbeda2bf4_cJourney to the centre of Dinosaur Valley 00 (22) by Blonde Actionman, on Flickr
Journey to the centre of Dinosaur Valley! -- Chapter Two 49622574197_a3c989f622_cJourney to the centre of Dinosaur Valley 00 (23) by Blonde Actionman, on Flickr
Journey to the centre of Dinosaur Valley! -- Chapter Two 49622573447_3b2bfc5fb9_cJourney to the centre of Dinosaur Valley 00 (24) by Blonde Actionman, on Flickr
Journey to the centre of Dinosaur Valley! -- Chapter Two 49622300281_d114678fce_cJourney to the centre of Dinosaur Valley 00 (25) by Blonde Actionman, on Flickr
Journey to the centre of Dinosaur Valley! -- Chapter Two 49621787398_7b03f38fb0_cJourney to the centre of Dinosaur Valley 00 (26) by Blonde Actionman, on Flickr
Journey to the centre of Dinosaur Valley! -- Chapter Two 49622571072_4f20aceb97_cJourney to the centre of Dinosaur Valley 00 (27) by Blonde Actionman, on Flickr
Journey to the centre of Dinosaur Valley! -- Chapter Two 49622298186_92b222f2b5_cJourney to the centre of Dinosaur Valley 00 (28) by Blonde Actionman, on Flickr
Journey to the centre of Dinosaur Valley! -- Chapter Two 49622297511_ea4645dc5b_cJourney to the centre of Dinosaur Valley 00 (29) by Blonde Actionman, on Flickr
Journey to the centre of Dinosaur Valley! -- Chapter Two 49621784723_82ea008b48_cJourney to the centre of Dinosaur Valley 00 (30) by Blonde Actionman, on Flickr

Thanks for looking guys! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the centre of Dinosaur Valley! -- Chapter Two   Journey to the centre of Dinosaur Valley! -- Chapter Two Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 4:52 pm

Really enjoyed reading part two Dal.

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the centre of Dinosaur Valley! -- Chapter Two   Journey to the centre of Dinosaur Valley! -- Chapter Two Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:00 pm

Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:
Really enjoyed reading part two Dal.

Really pleased you enjoyed it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the centre of Dinosaur Valley! -- Chapter Two   Journey to the centre of Dinosaur Valley! -- Chapter Two Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:02 pm

Good exposition in page 19, bringing us up to speed on what has happened so far, and laying out several of Jake's concerns. Great action photo of the heavily armed Jake and Poppy leaving the helicopter.

Excellent dialogue in Page 20, appropriately terse and military-sounding. Especially like the first pic of Jake talking to the pilot, very natural posing of the figs there.

Page 21 - Carlos' expression as he sees his first dinosaur is great! "What th' heck is that!" Good character development starting, as pilot Danii expresses concern over the relatively inexperienced Poppy, and asks Teeg to keep an eye on her.

Page 22 - Continued character development, hinting at Danii having more than a professional interest in Teegan. Love those pics as the helicopter lifts away! So cool! Body language suggests Carlos is wondering if he's in over his head here! Also, glad you explained that the choppers landed just outside the Dead Zone. I was wondering if the electrical interference would have affected the electronics in the helicopter engines, but now that is explained.

Page 23 - Silly superstitions? Jenna is one of the top agents of BAM-HQ. I would trust her instincts. If she feels like she's being watched, chances are there's an underlying reason. The glimpses of the overgrown, derelict structures are awesome!

Page 24 - Even Jenna is questioning Jake's judgement in teaming up with Redbox for this project! Good to know that somebody on the team will be maintaining objectivity. Effective plot development as it is gradually revealed that everybody is feeling creeped out at this point... except for Redbox, who maintains his typical dispassionate (and self-interested) cool.

Page 25 - Jake notes the same thing I did in the previous page: Redbox plays it so cool that he's almost impossible to read. That the character traits are identifiable speaks to the effectiveness of your overall storytelling. You're creating distinct characters with personalities using static action figures with unchanging expressions. Takes talent to do that!

Page 26 - Buhm buhm buhhmmmmm.... the feelings of ominous dread become stronger, now with physical manifestations, given additional credibility in being confirmed by Teegan!

More later - real world calling....

Last edited by SCU_HQ on Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the centre of Dinosaur Valley! -- Chapter Two   Journey to the centre of Dinosaur Valley! -- Chapter Two Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 7:48 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Good exposition in page 19, bringing us up to speed on what has happened so far, and laying out several of Jake's concerns. Great action photo of the heavily armed Jake and Poppy leaving the helicopter.

Excellent dialogue in Page 20, appropriately terse and military-sounding. Especially like the first pic of Jake talking to the pilot, very natural posing of the figs there.

Page 21 - Carlos' expression as he sees his first dinosaur is great! "What th' heck is that!" Good character development starting, as pilot Danii expresses concern over the relatively inexperienced Poppy, and asks Teeg to keep an eye on her.

Page 22 - Continued character development, hinting at Danii having more than a professional interest in Teegan. Love those pics as the helicopter lifts away! So cool! Body language suggests Carlos is wondering if he's in over his head here! Also, glad you explained that the choppers landed just outside the Dead Zone. I was wondering if the electrical interference would have affected the electronics in the helicopter engines, but now that is explained.

Page 23 - Silly superstitions? Jenna is one of the top agents of BAM-HQ. I would trust her instincts. If she feels like she's being watched, chances are there's an underlying reason. The glimpses of the vergrown, derelict structures are awesome!

Page 24 - Even Jenna is questioning Jake's judgement in teaming up with Redbox for this project! Good to know that somebody on the team will be maintaining objectivity. Effective plot development as it is gradually revealed that everybody is feeling creeped out at this point... except for Redbox, who maintains his typical dispassionate (and self-interested) cool.

Page 25 - Jake notes the same thing I did in the previous page: Redbox plays it so cool that he's almost impossible to read. That the character traits are identifiable speaks to the effectiveness of your overall storytelling. You're creating distinct characters with personalities using static action figures with unchanging expressions. Takes talent to do that!

Page 26 - Buhm buhm buhhmmmmm.... the feelings of ominous dread become stronger, now with physical manifestations, given additional credibility in being confirmed by Teegan!

More later - real world calling....

Hey Dave, thanks so much! really pleased that you enjoyed it. With the helicopters I wanted to try and create movement, and wow, it wasn't easy holding the helicopter and taking the pics! but they worked out okay I think.
lol! yeah Jake isn't taking any chances, he meant what he said if Redbox decides to cross him, he intends to bury him himself! Jenna worries are indeed well justified, and I am sure she is only looking out for Jake.
All the girls like Teegan, it must be his charm, maybe not as enigmatic as his pal Lord Conan, but his manners must be he key Very Happy . I do believe Dannii has a soft spot for him.
lol! yeah Carlos does look a little bothered doesn't he? I don't think he realized what he had signed up for! As I said in chat, I swapped out Fives in favour of Carlos so I could have the chance to flesh out his character. I am hoping he will come into his own in this story.
Redbox is a cool customer, when I created him I always wanted him to be Jake's equal, just as clever, just as cunning and just as tough. He does play on his friendship with Jake a lot, but Jake is a wiley old fox himself.., he has his number cheers .
I thought long about this comic, I wanted it to be something special for Redbox's return and judging by what you have said, everything is going to plan! Thanks Dave! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the centre of Dinosaur Valley! -- Chapter Two   Journey to the centre of Dinosaur Valley! -- Chapter Two Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2020 6:15 pm

p27 - Teegan increases the tension with his observations and his recollections. Cool shot of Teegan with the stone archway receding in to the distance. The tension is boosted even further as we learn that the team is out of radio contact now. Good posing with the Jenna and Poppy figs. I like the way the Poppy fig seems to respond to the weight of her weapon.

P28 - Fun flashback reference to the first appearance of Poppy, in a stand-alone story where she lost her backpack. More intriguing character development, as we learn that Poppy is inwardly not as confident as she might outwardly appear.

Oh, we're left hanging! This wasn't a full 22-page "standard comic book length" installment!

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the centre of Dinosaur Valley! -- Chapter Two   Journey to the centre of Dinosaur Valley! -- Chapter Two Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2020 7:25 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
p27 - Teegan increases the tension with his observations and his recollections. Cool shot of Teegan with the stone archway receding in to the distance. The tension is boosted even further as we learn that the team is out of radio contact now. Good posing with the Jenna and Poppy figs. I like the way the Poppy fig seems to respond to the weight of her weapon.

P28 - Fun flashback reference to the first appearance of Poppy, in a stand-alone story where she lost her backpack. More intriguing character development, as we learn that Poppy is inwardly not as confident as she might outwardly appear.

Oh, we're left hanging! This wasn't a full 22-page "standard comic book length" installment!

Teegan is a good trooper, so any aide he can give Jake he will, I suspect Lord Conan has had a quiet word to look after his descendant Very Happy . In truth, I don't think Teegan relishes having o face the source of this cosmic energy at all, but when the time comes, he will stand tall, stiff upper lip and all that! Very Happy .
Ah yes, Jenna teasing Poppy, a thought it might be a bit of good fun banter that the agents share. Poppy has a lot to prove, not only to her piers, but to herself too! The body I used for Poppy has worked out much better than I ever thought it would, she poses so well.
Sorry about the shorter chapter, Chapter three will resume its usual length soon! Pleased you enjoyed it Dave! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the centre of Dinosaur Valley! -- Chapter Two   Journey to the centre of Dinosaur Valley! -- Chapter Two Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2020 7:50 pm

Hmmm.....

In to the valley of death march BAM HQ's finest...

Armed with an anti-deamon gun and a spin doctor??

..and Redbox at your side!

affraid affraid

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the centre of Dinosaur Valley! -- Chapter Two   Journey to the centre of Dinosaur Valley! -- Chapter Two Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2020 8:34 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
Hmmm.....

In to the valley of death march BAM HQ's finest...

Armed with an anti-deamon gun and a spin doctor??

..and Redbox at your side!

affraid affraid

Jake usually has a plan, let's hope that he has covered all his bases eh? But with Redbox in the mix, who knows which way this tale will unfold??? More coming soon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the centre of Dinosaur Valley! -- Chapter Two   Journey to the centre of Dinosaur Valley! -- Chapter Two Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Journey to the centre of Dinosaur Valley! -- Chapter Two
Page 1 of 1