ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!***

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

LeStryge - "Thundering Torrent"
***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Vote_lcap36%***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Vote_rcap
 36% [ 5 ]
TheOneManKid - Ryker In the Forest
***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Vote_lcap0%***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Rogue-Trooper - Off to the shops
***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Vote_lcap0%***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
somekindajoe - Trying out Cliff's chair while he's away!
***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Vote_lcap14%***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
Blondeactionman - Has Jake seen this??
***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Vote_lcap7%***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Prof Gangrene Fan - In the Woods
***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Vote_lcap7%***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Gunner Munro - DANGER CLOSE !
***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Vote_lcap29%***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
Rustygun - Preparing for the shot..
 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Empty
PostSubject: ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!***   ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2020 2:46 pm

LeStryge - "Thundering Torrent"

***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Vz4Ghx

TheOneManKid - Ryker In the Forest

***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** 49844858942_3d9bebd709_o

Rogue-Trooper - Off to the shops

***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Milk-n-bread

somekindajoe - Trying out Cliff's chair while he's away!

***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** 2

Blondeactionman - Has Jake seen this??

***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** 49912758733_e2d9cf307a_c

Prof Gangrene Fan - In the Woods

***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** EA63928-F-39-E1-4053-A2-A7-BE6-BC30-F723-B

Gunner Munro - DANGER CLOSE !

***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** IMG-6703

Rustygun - Preparing for the shot..

***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** 178-B84-FB-C0-E9-4-B6-B-B5-CD-F3-C44-BE4-FB9-C

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!***   ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2020 2:56 pm

Well that’s me put my vote in guys. Good luck to everyone that have entered Wink.

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!***   ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2020 4:51 pm

Brutally tough round! Best set of monthly photos I've seen since joining the forum! Almost all of them invoke the "spirit" of "playing with Joe/AM" out in the back yard when we were kids. Outstanding work, guys! As far as I'm concerned, these are all winning entries!

PostSubject: Re: ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!***   ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 6:29 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Brutally tough round! Best set of monthly photos I've seen since joining the forum! Almost all of them invoke the "spirit" of "playing with Joe/AM" out in the back yard when we were kids. Outstanding work, guys! As far as I'm concerned, these are all winning entries!
Couldn't agree more Dave!  cheers   cheers   cheers 
REALLY tough decision.   scratch scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!***   ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 4:55 pm

LeStryge wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:
Couldn't agree more Dave! 
REALLY tough decision.  

At least there's no "Hoover-MAM" to contend with! Razz

Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!***   ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 5:04 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
LeStryge wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:
Couldn't agree more Dave! 
REALLY tough decision.  

lol! lol! lol!

PostSubject: Re: ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!***   ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 11:24 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:

Dave, I think we're BOTH just jealous that we don't have a 1/6 scale vacuum cleaner!
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!***   ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2020 1:07 am

LeStryge wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:

Dave, I think we're BOTH just jealous that we don't have a 1/6 scale vacuum cleaner!

I know I am!

Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!***   ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2020 10:58 am

Congratulations LeStryge on winning May’s photo of the month.

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!***   ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2020 11:06 am

Well done Barry! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!***   ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2020 11:11 pm

Thanks Alex and Dal! 
It was a close race there with Gunner Munro, whose dynamic photo was very praiseworthy.
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!***   ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 4:27 am

Congratulations Barry, a worthy winner to be sure!!!

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!***   ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 7:55 am

Sincere thanks Brian!
I fear an imminent decline in the standard of any of my photos from here on. 
Sadly I have sold and now left my acreage that presented so many wonderful possibilities for photo shoots.
Here where I am now, whilst comfortable and modern, is very bleak in that department.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!***   ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 4:53 pm

Congratulations on the win, LeStryge! A fine way to bid farewell to your back yard Action Man settings... and perhaps an inspiration to roam further afield in search of new locations!

You've allocated space in the new digs to serve as the Diorama Room, I hope! Wink

PostSubject: Re: ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!***   ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2020 8:07 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
You've allocated space in the new digs to serve as the Diorama Room, I hope!  Wink
Many thanks for the congrats Dave!
Yes, I've allocated space for that, trouble is just looking around now I think I forgot to allocate a space for.....ME?
(Tiki Bar is on the verge of starting though....!  drunken  
I have even invented a new cocktail for the opening provisionally called a "Molokai Mai Tai"!  drunken drunken drunken )
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!***   ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2020 6:01 pm

LeStryge wrote:

(Tiki Bar is on the verge of starting though....!  drunken  
I have even invented a new cocktail for the opening provisionally called a "Molokai Mai Tai"!  drunken drunken drunken )

Excellent! At least you'll be able to drown your sorrows in style!

I actually watched the movie Blue Hawaii last night. It was quite nostalgic. When Elvis is driving through the cane fields with the girls in the car, that was pretty much my daily drive to work, through relatively untouched central Oahu.

PostSubject: Re: ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!***   ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2020 11:18 pm

Odd as this may seem to many, somehow I never really became an Elvis fan, even in my youth.
They do show some marvellous scenery in that movie though.

Another that features some great "island" shots is the version of "Mutiny on the Bounty" with Marlon Brando as Fletcher Christian, although I must say that the groomed lawns and neat huts of the supposedly native Tahitian village tend to resemble some high class Club Med rather than any natural south sea island location, but it's all very pretty.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!***   ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2020 1:39 am

LeStryge wrote:

Another that features some great "island" shots is the version of "Mutiny on the Bounty" with Marlon Brando as Fletcher Christian, although I must say that the groomed lawns and neat huts of the supposedly native Tahitian village tend to resemble some high class Club Med rather than any natural south sea island location, but it's all very pretty.

One of my friends on another forum (a "doll forum") was good friends with the captain of the Bounty replica used in that movie, and actually made a trans-Atlantic voyage on the ship as a member of the crew. That would be the Bounty replica that went down in a storm several years ago, taking the captain and one other crew member with it.

PostSubject: Re: ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!***   ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2020 2:19 am

That ship was never meant to be a sea-going vessel. 
It was literally just a movie prop, ...and actually much longer that the real Bounty to allow room for cameras etc.
 After filming was completed a bloke bought it and hoped to make money out of tourism but it had constant problems with getting a seaworthy ticket due to its dodgy cheap construction. Often kept inactive due to these reasons and subject to many failed attempts to try to make it sea-worthy it never really managed to become a viable proposition.
Eventually the inevitable happened and it foundered during a hurricane, sadly with the loss of life you mention.

***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** G3rI9b
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!***   ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2020 5:27 am

LeStryge wrote:
That ship was never meant to be a sea-going vessel. 
It was literally just a movie prop....

I suggested this to my online acquaintance, and she disagreed with me. But everything I have read about the ship suggests that, yes, it was a movie prop ship, and was certainly not designed to have a 50 year career sailing on the open ocean. I suppose the amazing thing is that it lasted as long as it did.

PostSubject: Re: ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!***   ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2020 7:55 am

This diagram shows just SOME of the issues that floating coffin had.
***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** UlTEqH

What is surprising is that it didn't sink sooner.
I've read you could almost poke your finger through the planking in places.
Still, I bet it's making a very picturesque sight on the sea floor now!
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!***   ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2020 5:37 pm

LeStryge wrote:

Still, I bet it's making a very picturesque sight on the sea floor now!

I've wondered about that. Too bad it's so deep.

Then again, being a wooden boat that was literally falling apart at the seams, it may have broken up long before it hit the bottom.

I've also read that the official investigations determined that it was errors on the captain's part. He put to sea and tried to outrun the storm in a slow, leaking, understaffed ship with mechanical issues. Then he changed course from what had been planned and tried to skirt closer to the edge of the storm to pick up speed.

Some of his friends and fans, including the woman I know, considered him an excellent seaman. Others, from what I've read, considered him to be a reckless maniac.

Of course, the sea and those storms are very powerful, and sometimes even the best ships lose the battle. But this one probably shouldn't have been out there to begin with.

PostSubject: Re: ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!***   ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2020 4:10 am

Here's MY handmade model of "The Bounty",....which is probably FAR more seaworthy than that old movie prop ever was!

***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** LOqwiq

Deck details. (And yes, the rigging was indeed an absolute nightmare......thanks for asking! Sorry, no breadfruit trees. 
Maybe MR Christian has thrown them overboard already?)  lol!

***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** F2r0DI

Last edited by LeStryge on Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!***   ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2020 4:43 am

Shocked In true AMMO FORUM style, we've completely derailed this topic, haven't we?

WOW! That is an AMAZING model! You built this, yourself?

Okay, I need to skulk quietly away and, after disposing of all my modeling and diorama efforts, hide in the corner and sulk.

I built a plastic model kit of the Bounty when I was ten or eleven years old. The limited rigging was pre-molded plastic, and I found even that to be challenging to install.

Yours is like a museum quality replica.

When you say "hand made," did you start with a wooden kit and then enhance the detailing? Or is this a full scratch-built model, starting with plans and wood, but no pre-formed parts? Either way, it shows impressive craftsmanship and a real eye for detail... and speaks of near infinite patience.

By the time you finished something like this, especially the rigging, you'd really have an understanding of how an actual sailing ship works, I would think.

PostSubject: Re: ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!***   ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2020 5:13 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Shocked In true AMMO FORUM style, we've completely derailed this topic, haven't we?
Hey, I won this month's competition so I'm claiming this thread as mine to derail! 
"To the victor go the spoils" eh?  lol! lol! lol!

There was a styrofoam sort of blank pre-formed hull shape, but that's all. The planking came just in flat lengths and had to be individually cut and fitted to the hull.
And yes, you are correct about the rigging. You really learn what each shroud would do.

I am in total awe of those sailors who went aloft (most of them bare-footed) in really violent seas and storms to reef in the sails. One slip meant certain death as the ship could not turn around to save you.
Imagine rounding The Horn in the wild conditions there on one of these?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!***   ***May’s photo of the month - Vote Open!*** Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next