ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Navy Life Ring String

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sgt_Elias
Admin
Sgt_Elias

Navy Life Ring String Empty
PostSubject: Navy Life Ring String   Navy Life Ring String Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 9:44 am

Hi everybody!

I'm putting the finishing touches to my Navy Attack, and wondered if anyone has an original navy life ring with the string still intact so i can tie mine correctly

Navy Life Ring String Mceptq10

I know... i know... This picture is the GI Joe one but i couldn't find any pictures of a VAM one.

From another picture i've found there looks to be about half a metre of string so that whoever throws it in can pull the rescued VAM back, detail on the exact length (nearest cm is fine lol! )
Back to top Go down
AManfromcoalville
Flock Head
AManfromcoalville

PostSubject: Re: Navy Life Ring String   Navy Life Ring String Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 11:14 am

I'm not sure this is going to help. This is mine and I would hazard a guess that the Brit version is the same GI Joe stock piece with different stenciling.

The string (Rope!!!) seems fairly standard and must be easily replaceable from a good quality string shop!!!

Stringy is roughly 63.5cm long or 25 inches for us painted heads but looking at mine I've no doubt it's shrunk a bit with wear and tear etc over the years because it's been well loved and well played with... and that's the way I like it, baby, I don't wanna live forever!!!!

lol!

Navy Life Ring String IMG_0037_zpsd42d1f2e
Back to top Go down
Sgt_Elias
Admin
Sgt_Elias

PostSubject: Re: Navy Life Ring String   Navy Life Ring String Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 1:28 pm

Thanks Jim,

That looks about right i think, and you're right it's the same but VAM one has Navy printed on it. I'll get my string out and get tying, thanks mate

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Navy Life Ring String   Navy Life Ring String Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Navy Life Ring String
Page 1 of 1