ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Space explorer camera outer ring replacement.

Go down 
+2
ghost recon
lumarshall
6 posters
AuthorMessage
lumarshall
New Recruit
lumarshall

Space explorer camera outer ring replacement. Empty
PostSubject: Space explorer camera outer ring replacement.   Space explorer camera outer ring replacement. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 12:53 pm

If you have one of these
Space explorer camera outer ring replacement. 215248_617378901624296_2018524900_n
You can almost guarantee the outer ring will be missing. If one ever does come up on ebay it will probably go for stupid prices as well for what really is just a piece of plastic. I tried thinking of what could be an alternative bearing in mind it has to have the same circumference as the original and came up with some ideas;
Shower curtains
Girls ear rings
Girls bangles
All to no avail plus I got some silly looks when I took out my camera ring to compare against them in women's shops.

I had given up hope when I popped in to my local hardware shop and saw this.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Apollo-Tie-Wire-Plastic-Coated/dp/B000TAT4IK

If you look at the packaging the plastic circle with the logo on is almost a perfect fit.
All you have to do is cut the circle away from the main packaging, remove the plastic bits that will still be on it and then remove the plastic that is inside the circle and again remove the plastic bits that didn't come away when you originally separated. So it looks like this
Space explorer camera outer ring replacement. 935032_617379468290906_381570115_n

Also you will notice I have cut a couple of grooves into the plastic so it fits into the slots on the outer ring.

Now simply attach and you have a complete camera for very little cost. Give the wire to a gardener and it's win win win.

Space explorer camera outer ring replacement. 923211_617379758290877_645439075_n
Space explorer camera outer ring replacement. 942135_617379741624212_1891804906_n

What is great is that there are two circles you can use so you can have a spare as well.

All is needed is to paint it. I will update when I get to the craft shop to let you know what paint I used and what the complete version looks like.
Back to top Go down
ghost recon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: Space explorer camera outer ring replacement.   Space explorer camera outer ring replacement. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 1:32 pm

Very pleased you've sorted it. Good on you Phil.
Great tip.
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Space explorer camera outer ring replacement.   Space explorer camera outer ring replacement. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 1:35 pm

Fantastic mate Smile

Well done Smile

Wanna sell me your spare ?????

Pm me with price if ya do Smile

and Again great fix Smile
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Space explorer camera outer ring replacement.   Space explorer camera outer ring replacement. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 2:02 pm

An excellent tip Phil !! well done mate cheers
Back to top Go down
Reddragon
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Reddragon

PostSubject: Re: Space explorer camera outer ring replacement.   Space explorer camera outer ring replacement. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 3:54 pm

Wonderful phil, glad you got it sorted, had to laugh at your exploits at the womens shop's but these things have to be done lol, well done.
Back to top Go down
lumarshall
New Recruit
lumarshall

PostSubject: Re: Space explorer camera outer ring replacement.   Space explorer camera outer ring replacement. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 8:45 pm

Thanks everyone. The episode in the shop reminded me of a scene in Father Ted when they all ended up in Ireland's largest lingerie section.
Dan you are a lazy so and so lol but so am I as it was my stepfather who helped me a lot.
Let me get them painted and see how they turn out first and if they are fine I will send you one mate. Sell you one? Wouldn't hear of it as you have helped me before.
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Space explorer camera outer ring replacement.   Space explorer camera outer ring replacement. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:44 pm

Lol its time that I haven't got :-)

My camera is white so I wouldn't even need to paint mine lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Rossini
Red Devil
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: Space explorer camera outer ring replacement.   Space explorer camera outer ring replacement. Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 2:59 pm

Great job mate!! I knew you'd get there in the end. If you get the paint colour right nobody will know either! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Space explorer camera outer ring replacement.   Space explorer camera outer ring replacement. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Space explorer camera outer ring replacement.
Page 1 of 1