ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences

Go down 
+4
Beatlefan
somekindajoe
JohnnyE4
BAMComix
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimono Troop Command
GERMAN STORMTROOPER
Kimono Troop Command

Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences Empty
PostSubject: Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences   Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2020 3:26 pm

I've recently...just yesterday downloaded the software Dal uses to do his comics (Comic Life 3) and I love it!!! My first experiment was to re-do one of my earlier stories using this software and not only does it enhance the story visually, I cut the number of pages by two thirds while retaining the same number of images. The software is highly intuitive and easy to learn.  

Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences 50166910373_2eb9cff1b7_bKatanga Lost Diamonds001 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences 50167703182_0c07274d5f_bKatanga Lost Diamonds002 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences 50167443946_71af4074d9_bKatanga Lost Diamonds003 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences 50167443591_e015230ffb_bKatanga Lost Diamonds004 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences 50167443141_6e6b4f1ce3_bKatanga Lost Diamonds005 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences 50167442741_c037b7c90a_bKatanga Lost Diamonds006 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences 50166908263_9d5c47a6a9_bKatanga Lost Diamonds007 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences 50167442121_76e5211b95_bKatanga Lost Diamonds008 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences 50167441841_4f84f3c4df_bKatanga Lost Diamonds009 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences 50166907403_3622628491_bKatanga Lost Diamonds010 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences 50166907068_a77fc91573_bKatanga Lost Diamonds011 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences 50167691582_baafb1c66b_bKatanga Lost Diamonds036 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Last edited by Kimono Troop Command on Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:24 am; edited 4 times in total

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences   Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2020 3:39 pm

Outstanding stuff Gary!  That German girl seems nuts! lol! , they will have to watch out for that one! Suspect
That valley of theirs certainly seems intriguing! Bullet proof crocodiles!! Suspect Suspect  makes me wonder what else is lurking around that mysterious place! I look forward too discovering more secrets and revolations from K troop! cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
JohnnyE4
Red Devil
JohnnyE4

PostSubject: Re: Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences   Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2020 4:15 pm

awesome work keep it coming
Back to top Go down
http://littledandbubba.weebly.com/index.html
Kimono Troop Command
GERMAN STORMTROOPER
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences   Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2020 4:24 pm

JohnnyE4 wrote:
awesome work keep it coming

Thank-you. I will.
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences   Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2020 5:26 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
 That German girl seems nuts! lol! ,

Yeah I'm a Erika fan already!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
GERMAN STORMTROOPER
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences   Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2020 5:58 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
Blondeactionman wrote:
 That German girl seems nuts! lol! ,

Yeah I'm a Erika fan already!

Thanks. Poor Erika needs to be loved by someone,
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences   Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 6:23 pm

Fantastic first installment, some great characters there.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work cheers

Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences Volgan10
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
GERMAN STORMTROOPER
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Lost diamonds    Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 6:32 pm

Thanks. It just comes to me. Part II is already posted.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences   Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 6:41 pm

You're costing me money, man! That Capt. Penny-Farthing combo is something else! Bits and pieces on the way from various online sellers!

Still need to find boots, belt, and shorts. That canvas holster... nice!

These stories are just flat-out funny!

Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences   Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 6:45 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
You're costing me money, man! That Capt. Penny-Farthing combo is something else! Bits and pieces on the way from various online sellers!

I hear you Dave!

Loving the way these figures are kitted out!

Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences Volgan10
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
GERMAN STORMTROOPER
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences   Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2020 5:28 am

SCU_HQ wrote:

I'm not forcing you to spend the money, though I am flattered that you like what I've put together so much.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
GERMAN STORMTROOPER
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences   Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2020 5:29 am

Beatlefan wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:

I hear you Dave!

When in doubt, go "retro."
Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences   Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2020 8:49 pm

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
Beatlefan wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:

I hear you Dave!

Brilliant work Gary .. some cracking figures well done ... hope to see some more soon cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
GERMAN STORMTROOPER
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences   Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2020 9:40 pm

Gunner Munro wrote:
Beatlefan wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:

I hear you Dave!

Brilliant work Gary .. some cracking figures well done ... hope to see some more soon cheers cheers

You will.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
GERMAN STORMTROOPER
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: My first steps with Comic Life 3   Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2021 1:22 am

I finally decided to try out the free trial version of the software Dal uses for his Comix ) Comic Life 3 by re-doing  a couple of my older stories using the new format.  I'm very impressed with this software.  It's very intuitive in nature, easy to learn, and really changes the look of your comic style stories.  Best of all, it's affordable.  I'm going to pay for the license when the 30-day trial period is up as I really like this software and what I can do with it and the new look it gives to my stories. See above images for the "New" look.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences   Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2021 3:36 am

The story really flows in a smooth and intuitive way with the Comic Life revamp! Looks like you picked it up quick! Everything looks very good!

GERMAN STORMTROOPER
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences   Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2021 4:12 am

Yeah...it has a few quirks, but they are easily figured out. I love it.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences   Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2021 4:26 am

It’s well worth the investment once the free trial expires.

GERMAN STORMTROOPER
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences   Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2021 4:29 am

I totally agree and it's a fraction of what I spend monthly on 1/6 scale stuff.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences   Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2021 8:13 am

Superb Gary bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
GERMAN STORMTROOPER
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Part 2 redone    Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2021 9:23 pm

Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences 50175720086_8c13507f62_bKatanga's Lost Diamonds Part II: The Valley of Strange Occurences by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences 50175183433_bc6edd11a2_bKatanga's Lost Diamonds Part II: The Valley of Strange Occurences by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences 50175183323_624765ecca_bKatanga's Lost Diamonds Part II: The Valley of Strange Occurences by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences 50175719311_bcc7770f91_bKatanga's Lost Diamonds Part II: The Valley of Strange Occurences by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences 50175182913_4e6b30fc59_bKatanga's Lost Diamonds Part II: The Valley of Strange Occurences by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences 50175976607_fd48488a8d_bKatanga's Lost Diamonds Part II: The Valley of Strange Occurences by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences 50175718726_62935360b1_bKatanga's Lost Diamonds Part II: The Valley of Strange Occurences by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences 50175718491_b9e1853d8a_bKatanga's Lost Diamonds Part II: The Valley of Strange Occurences by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences 50175982302_efd1bddcc1_bKatanga's Lost Diamonds Part II: The Valley of Strange Occurences by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Last edited by Kimono Troop Command on Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences   Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 2:07 am

Nice rework! Again, the story and pictures flow well.

GERMAN STORMTROOPER
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences   Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 2:43 am

yeah, now that I have the software and know how it works, I can shoot my photos with a view towards putting them in the templates. Overall, I really like the look the program lends to the whole.
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences   Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 1:08 pm

I enjoyed that KTC , well laid out with good story and back drop .

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences   Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 2:11 pm

yeah, now that I have the software and know how it works, I can shoot my photos with a view towards putting them in the templates.

Planning ahead during the photography phase to leave space for the dialogue balloons is helpful.

PostSubject: Re: Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences   Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kamiko Komics: The Valley of Strange Occurrences
Page 1 of 1