ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Seamless Collection Part 2: Other Characters:

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

My Seamless Collection Part 2: Other Characters:   Empty
PostSubject: My Seamless Collection Part 2: Other Characters:    My Seamless Collection Part 2: Other Characters:   Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2020 4:22 pm

Captain (retired) Glynnis Penny-Farthing, OBE
TBLeague S28A (pale) body with Super Duck SDH018A head

My Seamless Collection Part 2: Other Characters:   50081167596_e6db8e1e11_cCaptain (ret) Glynnis Penny Farthing, OBE by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Glynnis is an explorer and adventuress, and former captain in the Royal Artillery.  She has also from time-to time, taken on missions from MI-6, or at least she did before the world went to hell in a handbasket.  She is currently part of S.I.M.O.N. (Special Intelligence and Military Operations Network) a loose international alliance dedicated to the preservation and restoration of civilization. She is the cousin of one of Kamiko's most important subordinates, Dr. Laura Neville, P.Eng.  Glynnis is a typical British officer type. Calm, reserved and generally unflappable in front of the troops. She never loses her nerve, has a lust for adventure and she and Kamiko Takahara have a deep mutual liking and respect do one another.

My Seamless Collection Part 2: Other Characters:   50142082516_8a9a504c85_cCaptain Glynnis Penny-Farthing, OBE, retired. by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

My Seamless Collection Part 2: Other Characters:   50142081396_11d8b09a74_cCaptain Glynnis-Penny Farthing, OBE, Retired by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/35531831@N02/50167442741/in/dateposted-public/

Leutnant Erika von Stroheim

TBLeague S22A body with modified Alert Line Female AfrikaKorps officer's head.

This character provides much of the comic relief for my stories. Erika was once a promising young Bundeswehr officer who's great grandfather served with Rommel in North Afrika. Even in childhood, she was convinced, listening to her great grandfather, that Rommel as the greatest military genius of the Second World War.  She inherited his diaries when he died, plus some other things....

Unfortunately for Erika, she suffered a traumatic brain injury while serving in Aghanistan and she suffers from a sever form of PTSD which leaves huge holes in her memory. When she has her medication, she approaches something like normalcy, but when she doesn't have them, she tends to fill the gaps in her memory with the writings from her great grandfather's memoirs. Consequently, she confuses his life and experiences and thoughts with her own and can have tremendous difficulty judging what year it is.  

My Seamless Collection Part 2: Other Characters:   50167703182_c6fb9ab456_cKatanga Lost Diamonds002 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

My Seamless Collection Part 2: Other Characters:   49847603958_3fa4195ba7_c18 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/35531831@N02/with/49507162846/

Among the other things her great grandpa left her were his Walther pistol, MP40 submachinegun, his uniforms, a lot of money in Krugerands, and a list of contacts (mainly relatives and friends) who'd settled or fled to South America after the war. Discharged from the Bundeswehr, and with Germany once again in ruins owing to the 3rd World War, Erika, still on he meds, took these things and made her way first to Bueonos Aires where she was surprised to find that her German cousins had also maintained small arsenals left to them by their grandfather;s and great grandfathers. With the with the rapidly deteriorating situation in South America however, they collectively decided to commandeer an aircraft and fly it to the United States where they hoped to eventually establish a new German colony in the Oil Rich Southwest. In the meantime however.

Erika's Stahl Force (her band of followers) currently serve as the backbone of a warlord's army which is a rival faction of Striker Blue Squadron and Kimono Troop. Erika has had several encounters with Kamiko, both on and off her meds, and has been bested every time, though few shots have actually ever been fired between the groups. Generally an uneasy truce exists between the factions, though they watch each other carefully. Kamiko is very dismissive of Erika and usually addresses her an refers to her as "Panzer Britches."  

My Seamless Collection Part 2: Other Characters:   49848133411_a4b43fdb12_c24 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Last edited by Kimono Troop Command on Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:09 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: My Seamless Collection Part 2: Other Characters:    My Seamless Collection Part 2: Other Characters:   Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2020 4:37 pm

A fantastic well put together character and one I know Dave is quite taken with! Al her kit that you have selected works so well together! (as in truth do all your ladies bounce ).
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: My Seamless Collection Part 2: Other Characters:    My Seamless Collection Part 2: Other Characters:   Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2020 6:02 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
A fantastic well put together character and one I know Dave is quite taken with! Al her kit that you have selected works so well together! (as in truth do all your ladies bounce ).

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: My Seamless Collection Part 2: Other Characters:    My Seamless Collection Part 2: Other Characters:   Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2020 2:14 pm

Glynnis Penny-Farthing is DEFINITELY my favourite female you’v created. She definitely looks like a explorer and adventuress in the clothes she’s wearing. I really enjoyed reading her biography a lot.

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: My Seamless Collection Part 2: Other Characters:    My Seamless Collection Part 2: Other Characters:   Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2020 2:21 pm

Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:
Glynnis Penny-Farthing is DEFINITELY my favourite female you’v created. She definitely looks like a explorer and adventuress in the clothes she’s wearing. I really enjoyed reading her biography a lot.

I wanted to create an unflappable British character with a a retro vibe that could have fit into a trashy 60's adventure movie and what I came up with was Glynnis. The Sola Topi comes from Tony Barton at Antheads.com and created the bush hat myself following method that Tony used to have a link for on his site but which for reasons unknown to me, is no longer there.

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: My Seamless Collection Part 2: Other Characters:    My Seamless Collection Part 2: Other Characters:   Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2020 5:57 pm

I don't know which was more entertaining, the exchange between Kamiko and Erika, or the conversation between Glynnis and Erika. I think the take-away here as that any time Erika appears on screen it's gonna be good!

Very engaging back-story for Erika. Plays right in to my childhood fantasies, when rumors still circulated that ol' Adolph had somehow survived the war. (Way back when, there was even a story arc in the old Steve Roper & Mike Nomad newspaper comic strip where they tracked down the aged Führer.)

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: My Seamless Collection Part 2: Other Characters:    My Seamless Collection Part 2: Other Characters:   Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2020 7:25 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
I don't know which was more entertaining, the exchange between Kamiko and Erika, or the conversation between Glynnis and Erika. I think the take-away here as that any time Erika appears on screen it's gonna be good!

Very engaging back-story for Erika. Plays right in to my childhood fantasies, when rumors still circulated that ol' Adolph had somehow survived the war. (Way back when, there was even a story arc in the old Steve Roper & Mike Nomad newspaper comic strip where they tracked down the aged Führer.)

Stories and rumours that Hitler might have survived the war have fed conspiracy theorists, fools and writers of fiction, comedic or not for decades. I see no reason not to use them in a comedic or satirical sense. I can distinctly remember an episode of the 70's TV satire "Soap" in which Bernard Fox (AKA Colonel Crittendon on Hogan's Heroes) sitting in a café South America is served by a waiter who is obviously an aged Hitler.
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: My Seamless Collection Part 2: Other Characters:    My Seamless Collection Part 2: Other Characters:   Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 7:25 pm

Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:

Difficult to pick a favourite amongst so many great figures but I agree Alex, Glynnis is a strong contender.

My Seamless Collection Part 2: Other Characters:   Volgan10
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: My Seamless Collection Part 2: Other Characters:    My Seamless Collection Part 2: Other Characters:   Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 7:36 pm

Beatlefan wrote:
Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:

Difficult to pick a favourite amongst so many great figures but I agree Alex, Glynnis is a strong contender.

Expect to see her in the swimsuit issue of "Retro Explorer Magazine."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Seamless Collection Part 2: Other Characters:    My Seamless Collection Part 2: Other Characters:   Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Seamless Collection Part 2: Other Characters:
Page 1 of 1