ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Heidi of the West.

Go down 
+2
Kimono Troop Command
FIELD STATION 42
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimono Troop Command
GERMAN STORMTROOPER
Kimono Troop Command

Heidi of the West.  Empty
PostSubject: Heidi of the West.    Heidi of the West.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 12:29 am

Heidi of the West.  49868592388_08a5b8a43d_cAlexis Nihon Park Shoot 2_0039-3 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

The final figure in my collection is paradoxically the second oldest and yet the one with the least developed background.  This is due to an number of reasons.  First is that the body is a TBLeauge S09 body, which meant that it came with soft, rubbery non-detachable feet and I had not fully grasped that it would not stand on it's own without rigid feet. After about six months during which time I had bought more figures with detachable feet, I finally decided on a course of action and this was to cut off the silicone feet at the ankles and build hard feet onto the figure. See images below.

Heidi of the West.  48153205836_71b93f0f7a_cTB League foot conversion by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

step one was to make boo- sized cutouts from thin, flat bamboo. Would or hard plastic would also work, but I had this at my disposal so that's what I used. I then glued  these to the thin and pliable metal tongues that were the only rigid parts of the foot itself with a generous amount of epoxy glue before using Milliput epoxy putty to make roughly shaped feet.

Heidi of the West.  48153205646_9b6d6a6bec_cIMG_2981 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Heidi of the West.  48153205516_4e79083aec_cIMG_2986 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

This of course is very unsightly, but since most of my figures wear high lace-up boots that never come off, I did not consider it a problem in this case.  I would rather have a figure that can stand than one that has nice looking feet.  I also need to point out that because the feet are not joined to the ankles by ball joints, the figure went from being my most unstable figure to being the most stable one in my collection.

Heidi of the West.  48153205006_11cde66bde_cTB League / Phicen by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

I initially put a Super Duck head on it which was actually the first head sculpt I ordered but was quickly replaced as the smile just seemed inappropriate.  

Heidi of the West.  48163123087_3684ce6118_cTB League Size Comparison by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

I next tried a Kimi Toys Head and liked how it went together and named her Heidi.

Heidi of the West.  48562236536_7af07e450a_c20190817_The Squad_0018 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Heidi of the West.  48566698977_4af5fda1e0_crecruiting-poster by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

I liked how the body and head went together but realized that my collection needed a more figures with a southwestern look and so when I got this a set of denim shorts and tied off top from SMcG customs. I initially tried it on Erika's S22A body with only the top and the shorts from the TBLeague Nancy In Hell set, parted out again from Monkey Depot. I liked the results

See below.  

Heidi of the West.  49508733446_9ebf3d08a0_cThe business end.... by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Alas, Erika wanted her body back, so I decided to try putting the outfit on Heidi, replacing her M4 carbine with an old-fashioned 12-guage double-barrel.

Heidi of the West.  49508733446_9ebf3d08a0_cThe business end.... by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Heidi of the West.  49867499871_7f3dc33dc0_cAlexis Nihon Park Shoot 2_0072 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

This combination worked really well for me and the next step was to make her a hat using the Tony Barton technique. Again I was very pleased with the results.

Heidi of the West.  50081167131_e148ac3ecd_cHeidi the Bounty Hunter by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Heidi of the West.  50080589083_d4da44f8f8_cJul052020_0060-2 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

So this being said, I've pretty much finalized WHAT this figure looks like, but haven't decided if she's a bounty-hunter, US Deputy Marshal or maybe just one of those rugged individuals of the frontier that are a staple of so many western films.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Heidi of the West.    Heidi of the West.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 1:33 am

Whatever she is, she looks great! Good use of the Nancy shorts. And the hats you make look fantastic!

I'm impressed that you actually chopped the feet off the S09 body. I have an S09, and you are correct, they do not stand up very well on their own. Or at all. The stability issue has certainly been resolved through your surgery.

Interesting comparison picture. The S24 is considerably smaller in overall stature than the other bodies. I wonder how the S24 compares with the S26A/27B in size?

GERMAN STORMTROOPER
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Heidi of the West.    Heidi of the West.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 1:36 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Whatever she is, she looks great! Good use of the Nancy shorts. And the hats you make look fantastic!

I'm impressed that you actually chopped the feet off the S09 body. I have an S09, and you are correct, they do not stand up very well on their own. Or at all. The stability issue has certainly been resolved through your surgery.

Interesting comparison picture. The S24 is considerably smaller in overall stature than the other bodies. I wonder how the S24 compares with the S26A/27B in size?

The S26/27 are really suitable only for teenagers and finding suitable head sculpts and clothing is a problem. Probably the only clothing that fits them reasonably is Barbie clothing as Barbie dolls are on the small side.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
GERMAN STORMTROOPER
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Heidi of the West.    Heidi of the West.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 1:39 am

SCU_HQ wrote:

Also the SMcG top is one of the very few that fits her large bust very well.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Heidi of the West.    Heidi of the West.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 1:45 am

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:

I have not yet found an outfit that I like for my S09. She is currently wearing the Nancy shorts... and the Nancy top, if I recall correctly. It's a large, long-legged body, quite solid and heavy. Unfortunate that the feet do not support it in a standing position.

GERMAN STORMTROOPER
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Heidi of the West.    Heidi of the West.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 1:48 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Kimono Troop Command wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:

I have not yet found an outfit that I like for my S09. She is currently wearing the Nancy shorts... and the Nancy top, if I recall correctly. It's a large, long-legged body, quite solid and heavy. Unfortunate that the feet do not support it in a standing position.

The S09 is a large heavy body. However if you do the same foot conversion I did, and I'm not trying to encourage or discourage this, you will find it is extremely stable standing. I found the trade-off worthwhile, but that's just me.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Heidi of the West.    Heidi of the West.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 7:58 am

Fantastic job on the replacement feet! and yu would never know if you hadn't showed us bounce bounce bounce . I really like this figure, but then again, who doesn't like a cowgal? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
GERMAN STORMTROOPER
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Heidi of the West.    Heidi of the West.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 8:03 am

Blondeactionman wrote:
Fantastic job on the replacement feet! and yu would never know if you hadn't showed us bounce bounce bounce . I really like this figure, but then again, who doesn't like a cowgal? Very Happy

As I've stated, she's now the most stable figure I have.
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Heidi of the West.    Heidi of the West.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 9:44 am

"the next step was to make her a hat using the Tony Barton technique"

I would be interested to know what his method is cheers

Chris
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
GERMAN STORMTROOPER
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Heidi of the West.    Heidi of the West.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 11:39 am

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
"the next step was to make her a hat using the Tony Barton technique"

I would be interested to know what his method is cheers

I'll see if I can do a tutorial on it in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Heidi of the West.    Heidi of the West.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 7:35 pm

The denim set looks fantastic on Heidi, another of my favourite head sculpts.

Heidi of the West.  Volgan10
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
GERMAN STORMTROOPER
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Heidi of the West.    Heidi of the West.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 7:37 pm

Beatlefan wrote:
The denim set looks fantastic on Heidi, another of my favourite head sculpts.

Thanks,
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Heidi of the West.    Heidi of the West.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 7:48 pm

Great pics!

...and well done listing which body each character has. It's always good to know.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
GERMAN STORMTROOPER
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Heidi of the West.    Heidi of the West.  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 7:58 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
Great pics!

...and well done listing which body each character has. It's always good to know.

Thanks, and you are welcome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heidi of the West.    Heidi of the West.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heidi of the West.
Page 1 of 1