ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep

Go down 
+2
FIELD STATION 42
BAMComix
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hawkeye
Australian Jungle Fighter
Hawkeye

Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep Empty
PostSubject: Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep   Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 1:15 am

Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep work in progress

Just picked up this Marx Jeep in need of restoration to go with my recent horse trailer so thought I'd have a go at "Pimp my Ride" Cool

Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep 424668425-398690289357349-80170316439439528-n

Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep 424650824-398690622690649-6359807220872371630-n

Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep 424565926-398690382690673-8267446100048534820-n

Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep 423326377-398690512690660-6926572754464224173-n

Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep 423249403-398690546023990-2436168706604282362-n

Work in progress lol!

BAMComix and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep   Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 1:21 am

Nice find! You're assembling a collection of rarities!

Your Marx guys are probably happy that you are putting in the effort to provide them with Genuine Marx™ vehicles and accessories!

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep   Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 3:52 am

FIELD STATION 42 wrote:
Nice find! You're assembling a collection of rarities!

Your Marx guys are probably happy that you are putting in the effort to provide them with Genuine Marx™ vehicles and accessories!

Cheers Dave I first of all found the horse trailer a couple of weeks back then spotted this jeep but minus the hood and a broken windscreen so had a couple of ideas on pimping it up this bonnet is a metal novelty truck plate I picked up from the boot fair, it sort of works, I'll post photos wth both pieces coupled up when I clear this covid and am able to get outdoors, but in the meantime heres one of the trailer cat Laughing

Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep 420224635-7186196051489283-5340291132865909599-n

BAMComix and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep   Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 4:57 am

Nice Marx jeep! Empire toys made a version of their jeep called the “Chuckwagon” that was definitely targeted at the Marx west line (or any civilian action figure line for that matter. Not my picture:

Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep IMG-0922

-Nate

BAMComix, Hawkeye and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep   Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 7:22 am

Great selection of vehicles Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep   Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 7:32 am

Glidah Drivah wrote:
Nice Marx jeep! Empire toys made a version of their jeep called the “Chuckwagon” that was definitely targeted at the Marx west line (or any civilian action figure line for that matter. Not my picture:

Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep IMG-0922

-Nate

Thank you Nate for the information good to see the same pieces used by other companies, this jeep is quite a cool piece, I do also have the Stony Smith Jeep that is identical to this one, other than the colour here is a stock photo I found of the Marx box for the West Ranch set

Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep 36745981-1

TNshooter likes this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep   Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 8:00 am

Is that a Pedigree Sindy Range Rover I see towing the "horse box"? Razz

Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep   Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 8:23 am

Hawkeye wrote:
Thank you Nate for the information good to see the same pieces used by other companies, this jeep is quite a cool piece, I do also have the Stony Smith Jeep that is identical to this one, other than the colour here is a stock photo I found of the Marx box for the West Ranch set

Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep 36745981-1

I used to have the Stony Smith jeep; it’s a great vehicle; and is actually closer to what the Army was using at the time (the Hasbro one is more accurate for WWII and Korea). Here’s an old set of pics of one of my Marx Buddy Charlie driving his jeep into an MP checkpoint. The MPs have the Army version of the Empire Jeep.

Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep Image

-Nate

BAMComix, Hawkeye and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep   Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 11:38 am

Wow, that brings back memories Ian. One Christmas in the mid '60's my sister and I got Johnny and Jane West,
and the jeep and trailer. As I recall it was a Sears exclusive? My parents split the set, I got the jeep and she got
the trailer. I guess they did that in hopes that we would play with them together, without one or the other claiming
ownership. lol!

The set also included panels to be put together to make a corral. As I recall the jeep didn't last very long. My
younger brother became a toddler and fell on it several times when starting to walk, plus the abuse of my four
or five year old self playing with it. lol!

Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep   Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 11:20 pm

FIELD STATION 42 wrote:
Is that a Pedigree Sindy Range Rover I see towing the "horse box"? Razz

Hi Dave yes it is Smile I've actually used artistic licence in that photo as the back roof columns are none existent so I've photo drawn them in Embarassed Laughing

Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep 421009752-1070919200816942-8442911535155184638-n

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep   Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 11:39 pm

I used to have the Stony Smith jeep; it’s a great vehicle; and is actually closer to what the Army was using at the time (the Hasbro one is more accurate for WWII and Korea). Here’s an old set of pics of one of my Marx Buddy Charlie driving his jeep into an MP checkpoint. The MPs have the Army version of the Empire Jeep.

-Nate [/quote]

Hi Nate thanks for the info and for showing your Stony pieces and may I say very nicely set up the look great Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Heres an old shot of my version in a similar story line

Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep IMGP5923

Cheers Ian

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep   Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2024 1:15 am

Hawkeye wrote:
I've actually used artistic licence in that photo as the back roof columns are none existent so I've photo drawn them in Embarassed Laughing

Razz Clever solution! You'll need to cobble something together with cardboard and hot melt glue to get that Rover back on the road!

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep   Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2024 3:12 am

Hawkeye wrote:

Hi Nate thanks for the info and for showing your Stony pieces and may I say very nicely set up the look great Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven  Heres an old shot of my version in a similar story line

Cheers Ian

Great looking jeep and an impressive grouping of Buddy Charlies!

-Nate

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep   Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2024 3:39 am

FIELD STATION 42 wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:
I've actually used artistic licence in that photo as the back roof columns are none existent so I've photo drawn them in Embarassed Laughing

Razz  Clever solution! You'll need to cobble something together with cardboard and hot melt glue to get that Rover back on the road!

Thanks Dave but the Range Rover is low on my list of repairs at the moment as it also has a broken wheel desperately in need of attention, the Red Jeep is a priority at the moment scratch lol!

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep   Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2024 3:43 am

Glidah Drivah wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:

Hi Nate thanks for the info and for showing your Stony pieces and may I say very nicely set up the look great Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven  Heres an old shot of my version in a similar story line

Cheers Ian

Great looking jeep and an impressive grouping of Buddy Charlies!

-Nate

Thank you Nate I'm going to post a few more photos later that I've just shot this afternoon, By the way, there is also a couple of Stoney Smith's in this photo you maybe able to spot Wink

Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep IMGP5912

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep   Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2024 3:53 am

Had a photo shoot this afternoon with both my Marx Jeeps connected to the horse trailer this time with two Buddy Charlie's riding the Jeep and Sindy Peanut horse in the trailer 🛻🚃🐎

Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep 424990162-10161440479018554-7231538957661330200-n

Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep 424961284-10161440479098554-8412138665518406743-n

Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep 425272423-10161440479198554-7395572464372003716-n

Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep 425677674-10161440479133554-3036721950835755704-n

Cheers Ian

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep   Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2024 2:58 pm

I didn't think to mention my Stony jeep, which is basically the same as the red Johnny West jeep.
But others have posted theirs, and I thought I had taken photos of mine. I found the post I did in the motorpool section.

https://actionmanmobileops.forumotion.co.uk/t12248-marx-stony-smith-jeep

Interesting the UK version has a black windshield and steering wheel. Here it was all green.
If anyone who has or has had one, can you tell me how the spare is attached? I have the spare but it's not mounted on the back.

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep   Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 8:46 am

Great finds and photos Hawkeye! cheers

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep   Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2024 7:56 am

TNshooter wrote:
I didn't think to mention my Stony jeep, which is basically the same as the red Johnny West jeep.
But others have posted theirs, and I thought I had taken photos of mine. I found the post I did in the motorpool section.

https://actionmanmobileops.forumotion.co.uk/t12248-marx-stony-smith-jeep

Interesting the UK version has a black windshield and steering wheel. Here it was all green.
If anyone who has or has had one, can you tell me how the spare is attached? I have the spare but it's not mounted on the back.

Hi Daryl Yes both my UK versions the Stony and the Johnny West Jeep both have black windshields and steering wheels also the spare wheel should be attached to the slotted in section on the back of the Jeep that I've marked with red pointers this should be able to be lifted upwards out of it's slot in the back of the jeep

Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep Marx-j14

Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep S-l16007

The wheel is atatched to the clip with a machine screw and with a nut on the other side to secure it into place
Hope this helps cheers Ian

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep   Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2024 8:01 am

inntruderr61 wrote:
Great finds and photos Hawkeye! cheers

Thanks Jim glad you liked them bounce cheers cheers cheers

Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep   Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2024 9:51 am

Thanks Ian! I didn't know the mount slides up. I knew the hole didn't have threads and there is no hole on the
other side. I was afraid I would have to figure out a way to put a pop rivet in.

Thanks again cheers cheers cheers

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep   Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2024 12:42 am

Great looking jeep! I’m not sure what surprises me more, that they changed the color of the windshield, or that they didn’t change the position of the steering wheel!

-Nate

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep   Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2024 1:53 am

TNshooter wrote:
Thanks Ian! I didn't know the mount slides up. I knew the hole didn't have threads and there is no hole on the
other side. I was afraid I would have to figure out a way to put a pop rivet in.

Thanks again cheers cheers cheers

No problem Daryl, I went into the attic today and unscrewed the spare wheel from the Stony Jeep and took some photos of the screw that holds it in place, actually the screw is a self-tapping screw and cuts its own thread into the plastic piece that clips into the back the screw length is approximately 1 1/2 inches or 38mm from the underside of the head to tip of the screw and the width of the screw is aprox 4mm which is a number 8 self-tapping screw so in basic terms inch and a quarter long number 8 slotted dome headed self tapper but if the thread has pulled the plastic in the connector you could possibly get away with using the next size screw Number 10

Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep 420654373-945293126974210-529740962967433820-n

Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep 420647899-721477083092650-3590309081833303618-n

Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep 420855407-803231868278909-4321651817308976483-n

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep   Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2024 2:01 am

Glidah Drivah wrote:
Great looking jeep! I’m not sure what surprises me more, that they changed the color of the windshield, or that they didn’t change the position of the steering wheel!

-Nate

Cheers Nate possibly just the case that the tooling was exported over here and maybe also because in WW2 all allied forces used the US jeeps and they kept it in original LH drive scratch Cheers Ian

Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep   Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2024 9:12 am

Hawkeye wrote:
Glidah Drivah wrote:

-Nate

Cheers Nate possibly just the case that the tooling was exported over here and maybe also because in WW2 all allied forces used the US jeeps and they kept it in original LH drive scratch Cheers Ian

Interestingly enough, the Molto Jeep that was sold in Spain is also a modified Marx jeep with the black windshield. The safari one has the same yellow hubs as your red jeep.

Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep IMG-0967

-Nate

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep   Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marx Best of the West Johnny West Ranch Wagon Set with Pimped Jeep
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next