ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.

Go down 
+2
gibri
FIELD STATION 42
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.  Empty
PostSubject: Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.    Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 1:17 am

I went back out to the waterfalls at Marcel Laurin Park today and got a few choice shots of Erika. I hope you like them.

Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.  50203606068_c46170c1b0_c_DSC0095 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.  50203607138_973fe16a3e_c_DSC0033 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.  50203211003_0fea1f6e16_c_DSC0015 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.  50204412052_1535601e21_c_DSC0024 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.  50203772581_aa4f5f257b_c_DSC0020 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.  50204013212_5f677890b3_c_DSC0010 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.  50204418497_207565bbcd_c_DSC0054 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.  50204139001_337cba61f7_c_DSC0037 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.  50204411082_ac481796af_c_DSC0078 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

BAMComix and gibri like this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.    Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 2:00 am

Something like: With dust in our faces, we are happy as we roar along in our tanks like the winds of a storm?

Yes, Erika von Stroheim is a perfect archetypal villain. She's like that distractingly gorgeous Nazi gal in the Indiana Jones movie – sorry, but I simply could not concentrate on the plot when she was on the screen, I was so mesmerized – only a few years older, so she is in her prime in every way: capabilities, appearance, and... well, in every way!

And no one has ever designed uniforms as stylish as did the Germans in the Second World War. Sorry, I know they were the bad guys, but they sure looked cool being bad. Erika wears that style well.

Those sneaker-boots are the perfect way to cap the uniform, adding a touch of whimsy... but also practical, as she can run faster, climb rocks, and scramble around on the deck of a Panzer without fear of slipping and falling. Of course, it must take her a long time to lace them up in the morning.

I'm... gonna copy what I said about the posing from Flickr, 'cuz I already typed it up once:

Nicely posed. I find it challenging to pose figures so they look like they are properly holding their weapons or equipment, so that it looks like they are really gripping the object and that the objects have mass to them. This is well done. Good stance, too, slightly leaning back at the hips, then forward at the shoulder to absorb recoil. Those subtle elements of posing figs makes a huge difference in whether they come across as "little living beings" or as "toys."

Last edited by SCU_HQ on Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.    Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 2:47 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Something like: With dust in our faces, we are happy as we roar along in our tanks like the winds of a storm?

It's a famous German Panzer song called Panzerlied. Maybe you remember this scene from the film "The Battle Of The Bulge."  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JDkdc246QQ

Yes, Erika von Stroheim is a perfect archetypal villain. She's like that distractingly gorgeous Nazi gal in the Indiana Jones move – sorry, but I simply could not concentrate on the plot when she was on the screen, I was so mesmerized – only a few years older, so she is in her prime in every way: capabilities, appearance, and... well, in every way!

Try to keep in mind that she's a 12" action figure Wink

And no one has ever designed uniforms as stylish as did the Germans in the Second World War. Sorry, I know they were the bad guys, but they sure looked cool being bad. Erika wears that style well.

Yes, it's such a pity that they were on the were on the wrong side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR-jxuqfY2s

That being said, i still prefer my WWII repro British /  Canadian Khaki drill uniform with bush jacket to German ones.

Those sneaker-boots are the perfect way to cap the uniform, adding a big of whimsy... but also practical, as she can run faster, climb rocks, and scramble around on the deck of a Panzer without fear of slipping and falling. Of course, it must take her a long time to lace them up in the morning.

The AfrikaKorps were issued similar high lace boots made of canvas and leather and a high-heeled female version of this was available when I bought the rest of the kit but I decided that it would be difficult posing the figure outdoors on uneven ground with high heels so I opted for the high top running shoes.

I'm... gonna copy what I said about the posing from Flickr, 'cuz I already typed it up once:

Nicely posed. I find it challenging to pose figures so they look like they are properly holding their weapons or equipment, so that it looks like they are really gripping the object and that the objects have mass to them. This is well done. Good stance, too, slightly leaning back at the hips, then forward at the shoulder to absorb recoil. Those subtle elements of posing figs makes a huge difference in whether they come across as "little living beings" or as "toys."
Back to top Go down
TasMan
New Recruit
TasMan

PostSubject: Re: Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.    Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 3:08 am

Yeah, The twisting and slight roll of the ankle is spot on ( I guess it's further accentuated by those fabulous boots ).
Awesome work !
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.    Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 3:11 am

TasMan wrote:
Yeah, The twisting and slight roll of the ankle is spot on ( I guess it's further accentuated by those fabulous boots ).
Awesome work !

Thanks.  Those TBLeague figures allow for very realistic posing. Much more so than you could ever hope to do with an Action Man or GI Joe figure IMO.
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.    Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 4:29 am

Thanks for the link, I always loved that scene from the movie. Gotta love a good German marching song and you gotta love a drop-dead gorgeous female German villain! And your figure is that, great head sculpt, excellent DAK uniform, bit of whimsy with the boots as Dave said -- Top 'bash and top photo story character!

Love all the new pics and also like Dave said, excellent work on the posing and photography!

Brian
cheers bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.    Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 4:30 am

gibri wrote:
Thanks for the link, I always loved that scene from the movie. Gotta love a good German marching song and you gotta love a drop-dead gorgeous female German villain! And your figure is that, great head sculpt, excellent DAK uniform, bit of whimsy with the boots as Dave said -- Top 'bash and top photo story character!

Love all the new pics and also like Dave said, excellent work on the posing and photography!

Brian
cheers bounce cheers

Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed the pics.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.    Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 7:49 am

Wonderful pictures of Erika! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.    Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 7:51 am

Blondeactionman wrote:
Wonderful pictures of Erika! bounce bounce bounce

Thanks. She's going to appear in next month's issue of Evil Villain Monthly magazine.

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.    Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 8:42 am

Fantastic shots of Erika as everyone else has said!

She sure has a problem with Kamiko doesn't she?

Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.  Volgan10
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.    Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 9:34 am

Beatlefan wrote:
Fantastic shots of Erika as everyone else has said!

She sure has a problem with Kamiko doesn't she?

Kamiko always makes a fool of her.
Back to top Go down
TasMan
New Recruit
TasMan

PostSubject: Re: Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.    Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 11:35 am

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
TasMan wrote:
Awesome work !

Thanks.  Those TBLeague figures allow for very realistic posing. Much more so than you could ever hope to do with an Action Man or GI Joe figure IMO.

OK, Gotcha !
How heavy are they ?
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.    Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 12:05 pm

TasMan wrote:
TasMan wrote:
Awesome work !

OK, Gotcha !
How heavy are they ?

I'm afraid I've never weighed them and haven't got an old Joe / Action Man to compare them side by side. I would guess however that since unlike the non=seamless figures, they do not have hollow areas, they are probably a bit heavier.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.    Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 12:12 pm

TasMan wrote:
TasMan wrote:
Awesome work !

OK, Gotcha !
How heavy are they ?

I'm afraid I've never weighed them and haven't got an old Joe / Action Man to compare them side by side. I would guess however that since unlike the non=seamless figures, they do not have hollow areas, they are probably a bit heavier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.    Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Erika von Stroheim back on her meds...sort of.
Page 1 of 1