ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just arrived: Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles

Go down 
+2
Kimono Troop Command
FIELD STATION 42
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Just arrived:  Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles  Empty
PostSubject: Just arrived: Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles    Just arrived:  Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2020 2:07 am

If you are like me, you might have had some difficulty in obtaining properly scaled bottles. Most of the liquor and or soft drink bottles I've bought on e-bay for instance, though often marketed as 1/6th scale look a lot more like 1/12 scale. An exception was a pair of Chivas Regal bottles I got from this source on e-bay

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/2x-Mini-Prop-Whisky-Bottle-For-1-6-Scale-Male-12-Action-Figure-1-6-Model-HT-Toy/263523407044?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I recently ordered some beer bottles and Coke bottle look-alikes from Monkey Depot. They are actually labelled Coco Colo, using Coca Cola style lettering. See the images below.

Just arrived:  Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles  50439420146_8a609c509e_c_DSC0029_0001 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Just arrived:  Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles  50439591102_9868847675_c_DSC0030_0002 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Just arrived:  Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles  50439419056_7da1c7fcf2_c_DSC0032_0004 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Just arrived:  Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles  50438722033_0b4755f5bf_c_DSC0033_0005 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

I should of course have shot some photos of the correctly scaled bottles next to incorrectly scaled or 1/12th scale bottles, but I promise to in the near future and post them here.

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Just arrived: Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles    Just arrived:  Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2020 3:17 am

I don't often drink one-sixth scale beer, but when I do... I get the bottles from Monkey Depot!

The "Coco Colo" bottles look very good. Best 1/6 version that I've seen! Good find!

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Just arrived: Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles    Just arrived:  Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2020 4:11 am

lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Just arrived: Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles    Just arrived:  Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2020 8:11 am

Those look fantastic Gary! great pick up cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Just arrived: Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles    Just arrived:  Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Great beer bottles!

I ordered some 'Carlsberg' beer bottles for Joe's party. They look pretty accurate.

Just arrived:  Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles  Bot1

The clear bottle Sweat-pants girl is holding is actually 'Absolut Vodka' and so technically a bit underscale.
Just arrived:  Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles  Bot2

The magnum of champagne Seamus' girlfriend is holding is actually a birthday candle with the wick snipped off!

Just arrived:  Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles  Bot3

Smile Smile

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Kimono Troop Command likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Just arrived: Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles    Just arrived:  Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2020 8:30 pm

Thanks for contributing. Will KKJ HQ also be sending female trainees to Kimono Troop for their free aftermath survival training course?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just arrived: Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles    Just arrived:  Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2021 1:16 am

I hate when sellers list out of scale bottles as 1/6th. Often claiming they're suitable for 1/12 or 1/6. It's been pretty hit and miss with buying '1/6 scale' accessories for VooDoo. I particularly like the Chivas bottle.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Just arrived: Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles    Just arrived:  Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2021 4:38 am

The Chivas bottles are very, very nice, and having bought the full size version on more that one occasion, IMO, properly scaled.
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: Just arrived: Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles    Just arrived:  Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2021 5:25 am

SixthShooter wrote:
I hate when sellers list out of scale bottles as 1/6th. Often claiming they're suitable for 1/12 or 1/6. It's been pretty hit and miss with buying '1/6 scale' accessories for VooDoo. I particularly like the Chivas bottle.

I recently received ten doll bottles of vodka.. 1/6 was infant one 1/12.

These whiskey bottles however are on point.

Kimono Troop Command likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Just arrived: Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles    Just arrived:  Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2021 11:15 am

I have the same vodka bottles, I'm sure. 1/12 scale to be certain. But I love the Chivas bottles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just arrived: Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles    Just arrived:  Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2021 4:17 pm

Yes, I too fell victim to the tiny vodka bottles, they are clearly not 1/6 as were a few others like the tiny Bailys, to the point I no longer buy bottles for the bar. I did use the miniature bottles on the shelves but aren't really happy with them. On a similar note, I bought two Jack Daniels bottle which were evidently intended as 'key chains' at one point, they were oversized at around 1/4. Nice to have a big bottle of 'Jack', but not nice for my Bar, they didn't even fit on a shelf or in the drink well.

Last edited by SixthShooter on Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: Just arrived: Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles    Just arrived:  Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2021 5:05 pm

SixthShooter wrote:
Yes, I too fell victim to the tiny vodka bottles, they are clearly not 1/6 as were a few others like the tiny Bailys, to the point I no longer but bottles for the bar. I did use the miniature bottles on the shelves but aren't really happy with them. On a similar note, I bought two Jack Daniels bottle which were evidently intended as 'key chains' at one point, they were oversized at around 1/4. Nice to have a big bottle of 'Jack', but not nice for my Bar, they didn't even fit on a shelf or in the drink well.

For thr 1/4 bottle, could it look like one of those jumbo bottled that are like 200 dollars? You could put a bow and a sign saying "win me" like the bar is holding a raffle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just arrived: Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles    Just arrived:  Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2021 3:26 pm

@RealSarahdactyl, Great idea! Unfortunately the offending bottles were discarded as the contents evaporated over time and there's no point having empties laying around the bar. ;-)

Actually... I've found all of the beer bottles I've bought on eBay to be to scale. Not so much cans, which tend to be on the small side, and I've never encountered 'mini' cans in real life. Not a huge issue as I plan on deleting cans for VooDoo, and going with bottles and draft. And as a Blues bar, whiskey seems more on point...

I don't think Coke bottles are as much of an issue if undersized, as over the years Coca Cola has often changed their glass bottles from the smaller 8oz ones in the 30's to the larger 10 and 16oz in the 60's and several 'retro' sizes.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Just arrived: Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles    Just arrived:  Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2021 3:35 pm

There are certain inherent qualitative differences in the coke bottles also. The one on the right is clearly superior.

Just arrived:  Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles  50464157506_1f3b510c64_b_DSC0007_0015 by Gary Menten, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Just arrived: Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles    Just arrived:  Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2021 3:38 pm

RealSarahdactyl wrote:
SixthShooter wrote:

I recently received ten doll bottles of vodka.. 1/6 was infant one 1/12.

These whiskey bottles however are on point.

Kamiko agrees.

Just arrived:  Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles  50463459148_1ca4c2a98a_b_DSC0002_0015 by Gary Menten, on Flickr
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just arrived: Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles    Just arrived:  Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2021 4:00 pm

That's a serious Mug. Must be one of those days... Lol.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Just arrived: Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles    Just arrived:  Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2021 4:38 pm

British Army one pint mug.
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Just arrived: Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles    Just arrived:  Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2021 8:09 pm

When I was drinking coffee, that was a standard size mug.

Some seemed to think I drank to much coffee, one editor
at the paper decided to get me a mug that held an entire
pot. But I couldn't use it, because it would pour out the
sides over my face. It was too big.  lol!

But I had to give it up, after I developed what my Dr. called
"essential tremor." My left hand shook to much. (I'm left
handed.)

But after I stopped my caffeine intake, it went away, for the
most part. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just arrived: Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles    Just arrived:  Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just arrived: Correctly scaled 1/6 scale bottles
Page 1 of 1