ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hard Core NVA RPG Gunner

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Hard Core NVA RPG Gunner  Empty
PostSubject: Hard Core NVA RPG Gunner    Hard Core NVA RPG Gunner  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2020 1:23 am

Hi all , I got another great sculpt come through . So I set about another NVA troop . This was titled as a Kumik sculpt on eBay , the detail is amazing . But ...the neck is a solid piece and so wont to my knowledge fit any standard body , and the neck was on the long side , so involved a good deal of surgery to look right on this body . I vowed I wouldn`t be buying anymore Kumik heads , but if anymore as good as this show up .....It is an outstanding sculpt .
 So my new NVA is armed with an R.P.G ( Rocket Propelled Grenade ) , also known as the B.40 Rocket launcher . The gunner often had a spotter / ammo carrier , armed with an Ak47 or similar , to offer close protection and carry more rockets for the RPG . The wooden part of the RPG , prevented the firer from getting burnt from the blast of the rocket when fired . They were used primarily against bunkers and any other armour that they came against , and were accurate ( with a good gunner ) up to a range of 150 meters .
   The Rocket harness on my figure was scratch made from an O.D canvas style glove , stitched by hand , along with the scratch made rice tube he carries across his chest . The rest is reworked 21st century stuff , along with a small satchel bag from DML .  Now for the pics...I so like that sculpt .

Hard Core NVA RPG Gunner  1-P1100544

Hard Core NVA RPG Gunner  10-P1100559

Hard Core NVA RPG Gunner  2-P1100543

Hard Core NVA RPG Gunner  3-P1100550

Hard Core NVA RPG Gunner  4-P1100547

Hard Core NVA RPG Gunner  5-P1100554

Hard Core NVA RPG Gunner  6-P1100545

Hard Core NVA RPG Gunner  7-P1100561

Hard Core NVA RPG Gunner  8-P1100552

Hard Core NVA RPG Gunner  9-P1100560

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Hard Core NVA RPG Gunner    Hard Core NVA RPG Gunner  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2020 2:20 am

Another outstandingly detailed figure. In fact, you may have "upped your game" with this one! The straps and belts are all made from thin and light enough fabric to appear in scale, and they "drape" realistically. Nice weathering on the canteen and trenching tool.

PostSubject: Re: Hard Core NVA RPG Gunner    Hard Core NVA RPG Gunner  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2020 2:59 am

Another in your series now of true excellence!
Such intricate detailing and weathering.

You mention neck problems.
I note with many phicen/seamless figures here that the necks end up appearing extraordinarily long, quite out of proportion. 
So this is obviously a result of using different brand heads on differing bodies?
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Hard Core NVA RPG Gunner    Hard Core NVA RPG Gunner  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2020 9:22 am

I’m really liking the look of your Hard Core NVA RPG Gunner there Chip.

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Hard Core NVA RPG Gunner    Hard Core NVA RPG Gunner  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2020 10:23 am

Another excellent looking figure chip! and what a great head sculpt! All th extra work you put into these guys really pays off! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Hard Core NVA RPG Gunner    Hard Core NVA RPG Gunner  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2020 1:53 pm

Nicely detailed figure Chip! cheers

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Hard Core NVA RPG Gunner    Hard Core NVA RPG Gunner  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2020 4:10 pm

Thanks for all those kind words , it`s a shame all heads and bodies and flesh colours are not standardised in some way , it`s quite the challenge matching heads and bodies these days . Thanks again all , much appreciated .

PostSubject: Re: Hard Core NVA RPG Gunner    Hard Core NVA RPG Gunner  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2020 9:39 pm

Chip wrote:
    it`s a shame all heads and bodies and flesh colours are not standardised in some way , it`s quite the challenge matching heads and bodies these days . 
Has anybody ever experimented with a very light wash of artist's oil paint over a phicen body to correct the skin tone to a better match?
The material should absorb and hold it well, and oil paint is very easily tinted to the various flesh tones.
Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Hard Core NVA RPG Gunner    Hard Core NVA RPG Gunner  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2020 12:20 am

It`s an idea Barry , but I don`t have any Phicen bodies yet , and at 60$ plus a throw I imagine you would need to be a real die hard to touch them with a paint brush , but I recon you could paint most bodies if you wanted too , getting the paint to stick to plastic bodies might be an issue , it`s just more hassle though I feel .

PostSubject: Re: Hard Core NVA RPG Gunner    Hard Core NVA RPG Gunner  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hard Core NVA RPG Gunner
Page 1 of 1