ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Childhood Christmas

Go down 
+6
BAMComix
inntruderr61
Kimono Troop Command
Rogue-Trooper
Chip
Rustygun
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Rustygun
Mountaineer
Rustygun

Childhood Christmas  Empty
PostSubject: Childhood Christmas    Childhood Christmas  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2020 7:58 pm

All my childhood Christmas in one place..

Childhood Christmas  9D85FA4F-CDEB-4377-9A21-0A5969BBADB8

gibri likes this post

Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Christmas    Childhood Christmas  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2020 9:06 pm

Excellent photo and trip down memory lane . bounce bounce bounce

Rustygun likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Christmas    Childhood Christmas  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2020 9:11 pm

Oh wow cheers

I had that exact same fighting fury. Never had a bionic man. Didnt have an Evel knievel either, but always wanted one. No Lone Ranger , but I did have Little Joe from Bonanza.

Chris

Rustygun likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Christmas    Childhood Christmas  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2020 1:30 am

That's pretty cool. It brings back memories. We had great toys in the 60's and 70's when I was a kid. Better than what we have today by a long shot.

Rustygun likes this post

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Christmas    Childhood Christmas  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2020 3:30 am

Love it! Awesome! cheers cheers cheers

Rustygun likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Christmas    Childhood Christmas  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2020 7:57 am

Very cool Dean!

Rustygun likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rustygun
Mountaineer
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Christmas    Childhood Christmas  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2020 1:20 pm

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
Oh wow cheers

I had that exact same fighting fury. Never had a bionic man. Didnt have an Evel knievel either, but always wanted one. No Lone Ranger , but I did have Little Joe from Bonanza.

Didn’t know they did figures from bonanza...?

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Christmas    Childhood Christmas  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2020 4:31 pm

What a great collection! Are these all toys and figures you've held on to, or have you replaced some over the years? Or added a few pieces you'd wished you'd had when you were a kid?

Rustygun wrote:
Didn’t know they did figures from Bonanza...?

I remember when I was in kindergarten, one of the kids, a boy named Hans, brought a Bonanza "Hoss" figure to class for show-and-tell. I had GI Joe when I was young, and my brother had one of the Marx Johnny west figures, but I was fascinated by the Bonanza figure and I remember being quite excited to actually see one in person after having only seen them in television advertisements.

Here's a website link: https://nostalgiacentral.com/pop-culture/toys-games/bonanza-action-figures/

Mountaineer
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Christmas    Childhood Christmas  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2020 6:20 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
What a great collection! Are these all toys and figures you've held on to, or have you replaced some over the years? Or added a few pieces you'd wished you'd had when you were a kid?

Rustygun wrote:

I remember when I was in kindergarten, one of the kids, a boy named Hans, brought a Bonanza "Hoss" figure to class for show-and-tell. I had GI Joe when I was young, and my brother had one of the Marx Johnny west figures, but I was fascinated by the Bonanza figure and I remember being quite excited to actually see one in person after having only seen them in television advertisements.

Here's a website link: https://nostalgiacentral.com/pop-culture/toys-games/bonanza-action-figures/

Thanks for the link ..they look great ....

Unfortunately none of these are from  my youth ..all have been replaced over the years ...
And I had all of these and more ...I had many action men, vehicles , I had  a lot of planet of the apes figures ,  Evel Knievel, his stunt truck, fighting furies ( I loved them). I always wished you could buy a pirate ship for them..  it was only years later that I found out you could.... I had many various other figures ...the Fonz, Muhammad Ali, mark strong, mego figures the only things I have from my childhood are the 1/72 air fix figures,, I have thousands of them, vehicles , buildings ...I could not bring myself to get rid of them , when I discarded all my other toys in my teens ,..
I was very lucky ..my parents used to buy me and my brother most things we wanted ....didn’t appreciate what we had at the time...but now realise how great my parents were..

Rustygun likes this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Christmas    Childhood Christmas  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2020 2:31 am

Rustygun wrote:

I was very lucky ..my parents used to buy me and my brother most things we wanted ....didn’t appreciate what we had at the time...but now realise how great my parents were..

Same here! We didn't get everything that we wanted, but my brothers and I were very fortunate, and for years now I have been able to appreciate just how lucky we were!

And yes, I kept my toy soldiers (green army men) even while parting with most of my other toys, and nabbed those belonging to my brothers when they didn't want them anymore. Marx was the quality brand here in the States in my younger years.

Rustygun likes this post

Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Christmas    Childhood Christmas  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2020 2:51 am

ditto ditto ditto!!!

I also had very generous parents. We weren't wealthy but we were well enough off that I and my brothers always did very well at Christmas and birthdays.

The subject of G. I. Joe came up a few years ago at home and my mom perked right up. She remembered G. I. Joe well. I am sure I lobbied tirelessly for a Joe that first Joe Christmas in 1964 at age 9. I got several that year and many others over the next few years.

I've forgotten so much, but I do remember the Man from UNCLE folding take-down rifle and the James Bond briefcase with dagger and folding sniper's rifle. The Danger Man briefcase with hidden camera...

Monogram, Aurora, Revell, Air Fix models...

rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer santa rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer

Rustygun likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rustygun
Mountaineer
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Christmas    Childhood Christmas  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2020 8:06 am

Sounds like we were all lucky kids..... great memories ....

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Christmas    Childhood Christmas  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2020 5:17 pm

gibri wrote:

I've forgotten so much, but I do remember the Man from UNCLE folding take-down rifle and the James Bond briefcase with dagger and folding sniper's rifle.

One of the neighbor boys had that Man from UNCLE rifle! I believe it was disguised as a portable radio. I thought that thing was so cool!

Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Christmas    Childhood Christmas  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2020 8:40 pm

Rustygun wrote:
Sounds like we were all lucky  kids..... great memories ....

Great pic as I said to you on t'other Forum. Brings back so many happy memories.

Most of us were much luckier than we probably realized to have such iconic toys given us as Christmas and birthday presents. I had everything in that photo bar the Fighting Furies.
I was a major Six Million Dollar Man fan as a seventies child, so I had those figures.
I remember the short lived but cool Gemini Man with Ben Murphy, David McCallum's Invisible Man and the Incredible Hulk with Bill Bixby.

Spud was my first Christmas present of an Action Man

Childhood Christmas  20180804-190812

Looking at him now, it's hard to believe that he was a bearded EE version of the H.M.S. Dreadnought sailor in your pic.
My sisters got at him and left him looking like Anakin Skywalker after the lava battle with Obi Wan Kenobi in Revenge of the Sith.
I rebuilt him of course and am lucky to still have him.

Most of my other stuff went to the charity shops when my mother had a clear-out after we'd all grown up.

Spud's remnants survived in a box that I had in the shed.

Great memories all round.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Rustygun
Mountaineer
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Christmas    Childhood Christmas  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2020 9:11 pm

Dreadnought....
It’s great you have spud .. he looks like he’s been in the wars...
I wish I had kept my guys... but I suppose I’m trying to replicate what I had ...
Which is why I collect..

Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Christmas    Childhood Christmas  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2020 5:34 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
gibri wrote:

One of the neighbor boys had that Man from UNCLE rifle! I believe it was disguised as a portable radio. I thought that thing was so cool!

I had one of those! It originally belonged to a cousin, and if I remember correctly a part on it had been replaced by a piece of
wood cut to the same shape. A switch on it would push out the barrel, which was spring loaded. When the barrel went out, the bottom
of the radio would swing out as the shoulder stock. The handle was a scope. Is that what you remember?

Daryl
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Christmas    Childhood Christmas  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2020 5:42 am

gibri wrote:
The Danger Man briefcase with hidden camera...

When I was about 5 years old, I had a briefcase with a hidden camera. I don't remember what brand/line
it was from, but it had a pistol that shot plastic bullets. An attachment barrel and stock to make it a rifle.
In one corner of the briefcase was a camera. It fit in the case where you could take a picture through a
hole with a button on the top of the case.

I wasn't allowed to fire the plastic bullets, but when an older cousin came to visit he loaded it and shot me
plenty of times.... Evil or Very Mad

As I recall, the camera could be loaded with a 126 film cartridge and could actually take pictures. Although
that never happened.

Daryl
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Christmas    Childhood Christmas  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2020 6:10 am

Dreadnought wrote:

I had two Joes growing up, an Action Soldier and an Action Pilot. My sister used to grab the soldier by the legs,
and jerk them in all directions. I would fuss at her to stop, but the wouldn't. Until I started grabbing up one of
her Barbies, threatening to do the same thing. At that point she would drop him. Had I done that to one of her
Barbies, they would have been legless. He was my first Joe.

Did your sisters cut up Spud's face like that? If my sister had done that there would have been hell to pay. But
I have to say it gives him character, after all he is one of a kind now.

But she wasn't alone in the abuse of my soldier. An older cousin, when he visited, would fold him up and stuff
him under the hood of my 5-Star jeep. He is the only Joe I have from my childhood, and considering how they
treated him it's no wonder he can't stand on his own. I'm looking to tighten his knees and re-string him. I want
to get him back to his former glory.

Otherwise, I had Johnny West, some Action Jackson, the Six Million Dollar Man and some others. My younger
brother had most of the AT Joes, including the AA talker. I now have that figure, but not the body. At some
point he traded the body with that of the Adventurer. The original head and uniform of the talker on the Adventurer
body. I had a bunch of AT sets, but never any of the figures. His was the first in my collection but now I have a
bunch of them. k

Anyway, I'm glad you still have Spud. I'm sure you think of him the same as I think of my soldier. Childhood
figures have an extra special spot in our collections.

Daryl
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Christmas    Childhood Christmas  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2020 6:34 am

Quote :

Rustygun wrote:

I remember being quite excited to actually see one in person after having only seen them in television advertisements.
We must have been easier pleased back then because to my mind those "Bonanza" figures look like they are wearing VERY ill-fitted diapers under their pants!
Who knew they all had trouble with bladder control? Must have been all that horse-riding?

Excellent collection Rustygun! I am particularly envious of that "Fighting Furies" (?) pirate figure?
Not one I was or am familiar with! Do love pirates!
Don't have a Lone Ranger, but I do have Tonto.
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Christmas    Childhood Christmas  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2020 3:54 pm

TNshooter wrote:
Dreadnought wrote:

I had two Joes growing up, an Action Soldier and an Action Pilot. My sister used to grab the soldier by the legs,
and jerk them in all directions. I would fuss at her to stop, but the wouldn't. Until I started grabbing up one of
her Barbies, threatening to do the same thing. At that point she would drop him. Had I done that to one of her

Did your sisters cut up Spud's face like that? If my sister had done that there would have been hell to pay. But

But she wasn't alone in the abuse of my soldier. An older cousin, when he visited, would fold him up and stuff
him under the hood of my 5-Star jeep. He is the only Joe I have from my childhood, and considering how they
treated him it's no wonder he can't stand on his own. I'm looking to tighten his knees and re-string him. I want

Otherwise, I had Johnny West, some Action Jackson, the Six Million Dollar Man and some others. My younger
brother had most of the AT Joes, including the AA talker. I now have that figure, but not the body. At some
point he traded the body with that of the Adventurer. The original head and uniform of the talker on the Adventurer
body. I had a bunch of AT sets, but never any of the figures. His was the first in my collection but now I have a
bunch of them. k

Anyway, I'm glad you still have Spud. I'm sure you think of him the same as I think of my soldier. Childhood

Daryl

Sounds like your Joe went through hell with your sister and older cousin.. affraid

Sadly when I got older I became a SID... I tied fire crackers to some of my Joes and shot them with slingshots... Twisted Evil But I did manage to save a few of them from childhood...Now they mean the world to me... Very Happy

Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Christmas    Childhood Christmas  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2020 10:25 pm

TNshooter wrote:
Dreadnought wrote:

bunch of them. k

Daryl

Hi Daryl. Yes they did the hatchet job on his face. My younger sister was the main culprit 'shaved' his beard and gouged out the scar.
How the sneaky little git got hold of a blade I don't know, but she had seven bells of hell rung at her, more for the danger of it.

Hope you get your first guy fixed up. Loose knee rivets can be wrapped in cloth and gently squeezed with pliers to tighten 'em a bit.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Christmas    Childhood Christmas  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2020 4:50 am

Quote :
Hi Daryl. Yes they did the hatchet job on his face. My younger sister was the main culprit 'shaved' his beard and gouged out the scar.
How the sneaky little git got hold of a blade I don't know, but she had seven bells of hell rung at her, more for the danger of it.

Hope you get your first guy fixed up. Loose knee rivets can be wrapped in cloth and gently squeezed with pliers to tighten 'em a bit.

Thank you for the info on tightening his knees! I've been wanting to get him back in shape for quite a while.

I'm sorry to hear about your sister carving up Spud. But he does have a lot of character that way. Just shows the battles
he's been through!

Daryl

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Christmas    Childhood Christmas  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2020 5:00 am

inntruderr61 wrote:
Sounds like your Joe went through hell with your sister and older cousin.. affraid

Sadly when I got older I became a SID... I tied fire crackers to some of my Joes and shot them with slingshots... Twisted Evil But I did manage to save a few of them from childhood...Now they mean the world to me...  Very Happy

Hey Jim,

A friend and fellow collector, who sadly passed away from a major heart attack, had a huge collection of vintage Joes.
He once told me that when he got older, he shot up his Joes with a .22 rifle. Used them for target practice.

Yeah, my Joe did go through hell. Although maybe part of it was me playing with him quite a bit! He's had a ton of
backyard battles. but I don't think his knees would be as weak as they are if it hadn't been from other sources of abuse.

Daryl
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Christmas    Childhood Christmas  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Childhood Christmas
Page 1 of 1