ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It's a Bigger Shark!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

It's a Bigger Shark! Empty
PostSubject: It's a Bigger Shark!   It's a Bigger Shark! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2021 4:16 am

My friends know my fondness for anything "shark" and so I was very happy to receive this stuffed toy as a Christmas gift.
Yes, it's only a soft toy, not a true model but the print used is obviously taken from a real shark It even has mating scars around the head.

(Apropos of which: No one has ever filmed it but the mating of Great White sharks must be one hell of a performance. "Love bites" from those razor-sharp jaws that are apparently inflicted during the process must be damn near fatal!)

Anyway, when I first got my toy, it was a little floppy by way of being only loosely stuffed, so I opened a few seams and added a lot more wadding and now it looks even better.
We discussed elsewhere on AMMO the problems of getting a large scale shark for any "Jaws" recreations. 
This one measures 44 inches long, so if my maths is still OK, that equates to a shark of 22 feet, which is getting closer to the supposed length of Bruce.
I've added one of my MAM for scale.

It's a Bigger Shark! FqO5QG

It's a Bigger Shark! TjedkC

Last edited by LeStryge on Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: It's a Bigger Shark!   It's a Bigger Shark! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2021 4:23 am

Impressively realistic, especially for a “plushie.” Looks great with the diver figure!

Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: It's a Bigger Shark!   It's a Bigger Shark! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2021 6:11 am

This is so cool! Not to mention kind of cute. I still have stuffed animals. 

I'm really happy you got this awesome shark! 🦈 It dwarfs the rubber one I got back in the day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a Bigger Shark!   It's a Bigger Shark! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2021 6:24 am

I have another probably far more realistic Great White, but as you know, size is everything when it comes to scale.
It would represent a shark of around only twelve maybe thirteen feet in length.

It's a Bigger Shark! PXVyv6

It's a Bigger Shark! 25pt4B

Last edited by LeStryge on Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: It's a Bigger Shark!   It's a Bigger Shark! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2021 11:12 am

That shark looks realistic for a plush animal. And compared to MAM, it is HUGE!

MAM better be careful that he isn't eaten!

Nice Christmas gift!

Daryl

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: It's a Bigger Shark!   It's a Bigger Shark! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2021 11:38 am

Wow that’s one very impressive realistic Great White you’ve got yourself their LeStryge

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: It's a Bigger Shark!   It's a Bigger Shark! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2021 5:59 pm

That is a great looking shark LeStryge... Very Happy
Remember my smiley shark? lol!
I gave it to my grandson..lol...He loves it!

It's a Bigger Shark! Img_9131

Last edited by inntruderr61 on Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a Bigger Shark!   It's a Bigger Shark! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 12:45 am

Thanks for the appreciative comments Fellow Members.

Just want to make it clear that my bigger shark, although he's a stuffed toy, is NOT actually a plush.
Plush is that furry sort of material. This shark is made from a very strong photo-printed canvas giving a much smoother finish specially now I've pumped up the filling considerably.
He came from a Boating, Camping Fishing store here who marketed them as fun gifts for men. There was also a very large crab, a mahi mahi, a swordfish, and a barramundi...( a delicious local fish.)

Glad Mr Smiley the Shark found a good home Jim!
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: It's a Bigger Shark!   It's a Bigger Shark! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 4:35 am

LeStryge wrote:
Thanks for the appreciative comments Fellow Members.

Just want to make it clear that my bigger shark, although he's a stuffed toy, is NOT actually a plush.
Plush is that furry sort of material. This shark is made from a very strong photo-printed canvas giving a much smoother finish specially now I've pumped up the filling considerably.
He came from a Boating, Camping Fishing store here who marketed them as fun gifts for men. There was also a very large crab, a mahi mahi, a swordfish, and a barramundi...( a delicious local fish.)

Glad Mr Smiley the Shark found a good home Jim!
It is a really nice shark! Even if it's not a plush toy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a Bigger Shark!   It's a Bigger Shark! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 6:06 am

Agreed RSD! Glad you like it too!
In truth I do have a small plush Great White shark, but it's only around a foot long and not really suitable for scale photography.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a Bigger Shark!   It's a Bigger Shark! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 6:13 am

TNshooter wrote:
Daryl

We have had "situations" before.......

It's a Bigger Shark! KLAxIK
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: It's a Bigger Shark!   It's a Bigger Shark! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 7:02 am

LeStryge wrote:
TNshooter wrote:
Daryl

We have had "situations" before.......

It's a Bigger Shark! KLAxIK
This one looks similar to what I have, I got it in Toys R Us ages ago. Also a crocodile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a Bigger Shark!   It's a Bigger Shark! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 7:15 am

I too have the crocodile, plus a T-Rex, ...and a weird sort of Ghost Shark.

Here's my croc. in action.

It's a Bigger Shark! Q62gz7
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: It's a Bigger Shark!   It's a Bigger Shark! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 8:10 am

Damn! How long is that Crocodile?!?! It looks like it Dwarfs the one I have! 🐊
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a Bigger Shark!   It's a Bigger Shark! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 10:31 pm

THAT crocodile you see is literally only the head. It's a kind of glove puppet where you can put your hand inside and make the jaws work.
Plus it's a bit closer to the camera in my shot.
It's one of the first photos I posted here after joining AMMO.
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: It's a Bigger Shark!   It's a Bigger Shark! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 11:31 pm

LeStryge wrote:
THAT crocodile you see is literally only the head. It's a kind of glove puppet where you can put your hand inside and make the jaws work.
Plus it's a bit closer to the camera in my shot.
It's one of the first photos I posted here after joining AMMO.
I like that. Some dinosaurs in that style would be cool too!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a Bigger Shark!   It's a Bigger Shark! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 11:36 pm

RealSarahdactyl wrote:

I have a T-Rex head in the same style and used it in my story "Up the Creek With a Paddle".
Here:
It's a Bigger Shark! G9oQGv
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: It's a Bigger Shark!   It's a Bigger Shark! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 11:59 pm

LeStryge wrote:
RealSarahdactyl wrote:

I have a T-Rex head in the same style and used it in my story "Up the Creek With a Paddle".
Here:
It's a Bigger Shark! G9oQGv
Gawdamn.. I'm green now. alien  That is awesome!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a Bigger Shark!   It's a Bigger Shark! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2021 5:31 am

Those glove puppet things are not all that hard to find. 
Most toy shops have some and they are also commonly found in those cheapie shops that seem to proliferate everywhere. 
Keep an eye out!
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: It's a Bigger Shark!   It's a Bigger Shark! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2021 5:43 am

LeStryge wrote:
Those glove puppet things are not all that hard to find. 
Most toy shops have some and they are also commonly found in those cheapie shops that seem to proliferate everywhere. 
Keep an eye out!

I think I'll look in the dollar store, and maybe the safari toy shop in the mall when I eventually go to the mall.
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: It's a Bigger Shark!   It's a Bigger Shark! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2021 9:18 pm

This is my shark and crocodile. 🦈 🐊 They were 10 dollars in TRU back in the day. They're not as cool as the big shark in this post. I noticed some cool dinosaurs that feel similar in Wal Mart recently.
It's a Bigger Shark! Img_2061

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a Bigger Shark!   It's a Bigger Shark! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2021 9:59 pm

We have those Walmart dinosaurs you mention here too!
I bought a T-Rex to use for full length shots in my story, ....but have since ditched it because I found a HUGE better version in a charity shop for only $3.00!
May have to re-visit Dinosaur Valley just to use it!
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: It's a Bigger Shark!   It's a Bigger Shark! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2021 10:25 pm

LeStryge wrote:
We have those Walmart dinosaurs you mention here too!
I bought a T-Rex to use for full length shots in my story, ....but have since ditched it because I found a HUGE better version in a charity shop for only $3.00!
May have to re-visit Dinosaur Valley just to use it!

Please revisit dinosaur valley! I love dinosaurs so I'm excited to see this dinosaur! I like the Pterodactyl at Walmart. I can imagine a fuzzhead Joe climbing the mountain to the nest full of eggs.

I have a bunch of the Mattel Jurassic World dinosaurs. They're definitely more like "action figures". But they're reallt nice sculpts. I think movie magic could make them work for 1/6.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's a Bigger Shark!   It's a Bigger Shark! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's a Bigger Shark!
Page 1 of 1