ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Man of Evil Mask HELP

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ActionYankee
Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

Man of Evil Mask HELP Empty
PostSubject: Man of Evil Mask HELP   Man of Evil Mask HELP Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2021 1:04 pm

Just had all my Adventure Team kit out last night, found my Man Of Evil's mask (his mask to impersonate Joe) feeling oily and strange.

Dr. Isotope's goggle were too, but not as bad.

Anyone have this problem too?

Anyone FIX it?

Want some GI Joe Adventure Team fun? Check out my Adventure Team Files Fan Site!
Back to top Go down
http://northernindependent.wixsite.com/n-i-films
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Man of Evil Mask HELP   Man of Evil Mask HELP Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2021 10:33 pm

Wow that's kind of a crazy thing to happen AY...
What kind of material is the mask etc.. made of?
I do not have those figures so can not really comment...

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Man of Evil Mask HELP   Man of Evil Mask HELP Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2021 10:38 pm

Keeping plastics together particularly in air tight bags / containers often causes reactions , I would wash them in washing up liquid and once dry douse them in talcum powder , and keep them separate wrapped in tissue . I am not guaranteeing anything but think that will help them from getting any worse .

PostSubject: Re: Man of Evil Mask HELP   Man of Evil Mask HELP Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2021 11:17 pm

Some plastics tend to degrade over time.
Any formaldehyde in the air will accelerate this. This can come from most chipboards etc. and also from some other plastics such as used on furniture.

The talcum powder bit as suggested by Chip is good, or you could try a product sold here as "Amor all" which is a spray liquid used to preserve plastics.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Man of Evil Mask HELP   Man of Evil Mask HELP Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2021 11:47 pm

I keep all my figures (and dolls) in plastic Ziploc bags, which turned out not to be such a good idea:

Man of Evil Mask HELP 50885978151_47bff2249c_z

The plastic costume accessories of this Monster High figure reacted with the plastic of the bag, resulting in destructive "melt." Several bags ended up plastic-welded together. Fortunately only the one figure was affected.

Man of Evil Mask HELP 50885978326_91532195ea_z

The pink goo that now looks like disemboweled intestines used to look like nautical chains. I must admit, though, that strings of intestines are creepier than chains, so it wasn't a total loss.

Only the pink plastic seemed to be affected. The figure had been bagged up for about three years.

PostSubject: Re: Man of Evil Mask HELP   Man of Evil Mask HELP Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2021 1:10 am

Gotta agree! 
External intestines are way creepier than common old chains!
Why not post a "how to" online so other owners can improve their dolls too?
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Man of Evil Mask HELP   Man of Evil Mask HELP Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2021 5:45 am

Recently on another board there was talk of accessories for the Man of the Arcane
were developing a tacky film. Some referred it to leaching of the plastic.

One said when he had parts that did that, he washed them in warm soapy water.
And that apparently took care of the problem. I found the briefcase and goggles
of my figure were doing the same thing.

But now that I see the Man of Evil mask doing the same thing, I will need to dig
it out and see if it's doing it.

Thanks for the heads up AY.

Daryl

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Man of Evil Mask HELP   Man of Evil Mask HELP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Man of Evil Mask HELP
Page 1 of 1